• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oof, was tough enough just getting the one broken :p

Looks like I'll be going on a supply run soon then.

Got Tetsucabra Greaves equipped now, think I'll go for that set, but may change my mind and go for the Kecha set.

Tetsu is a good first set. When you have all the pieces you will have at least 10 points in the defense skill which is enough to activate Defense up (S). Once you are able to craft decorations you can add them to the slots on the armor to increase it to 15 points, which activates Defense up (M).
It can be dangerous to attack a monsters face, so try knocking it over by mounting it or setting a trap to give yourself a safe opening.

Also, you may not have unlocked it yet but the Wycoon chap can multiply items like honey for you.

tuffy

Well, I wasn't expecting that.

Looks like the guy's using the Gravios Gigacannon, which I already have. Can't really make out what kind of armor skills he's using though, do you have any idea?
Looks like a lot of Grand Mutsu pieces, so probably Recoil Down +1, Pierce Up, Brutality and something else. Maybe Combo Pro?

colinp

Banned
I just so got to Caravan 5* and realized who you were talking about, thanks!

When does he expand to three? I'm at two right now...

redcrayon

Virtually all village upgrades are reached through actual quests, with a few others through the 'villager requests' under the wycoon menu (these just require resources and items instead). They aren't all compulsory, so it's worth checking each quest's description out to see whether you think it might help even if you don't need to kill the monster for resources.

Your best bet is to look through the quests, see who the client is and read the text. The icons next to the quest listing help too. Those with a 'fish' icon next to them are quests to upgrade the kitchen, a 'herb' icon is gathering quests, etc etc.

azyless

Fuck, Gore Magala is so annoying. Beat him twice but fainted each time, and I'm not even able to break his tail/horns so I'm only getting shit parts. I do fine when he's in his normal state but when he's enraged I just get thrown around like a rag doll. Gonna go try the other 5* quests and see if I can craft some better weapon/armor.

It's a 3* quest, Honey something I think

redcrayon

Fuck, Gore Magala is so annoying. Beat him twice but fainted each time, and I'm not even able to break his tail/horns so I'm only getting shit parts. I do fine when he's in his normal state but when he's enraged I just get thrown around like a rag doll. Gonna go try the other 5* quests and see if I can craft some better weapon/armor.

It's a 3* quest, Honey something I think
The first time I fought him in the campaign, I was struggling a bit when he enraged too, so I paintballed him, used a farcaster to go back to camp, made a cup of tea and put my feet up for a couple of minutes until he calmed down. Even had time to cook a steak.

Probably not the pro hunter approach but it worked for me :D

These days I'm rocking full Gravios gear with guard-up, auto-guard, Defence up (L) and a couple of good lances, that's helping me go toe-to-toe with stuff at the tail-end of high rank, particularly monsters that like to spam radial attacks that would normally ignore shields when I'm stabbing them in the groin. Will be building a more evasive set next.

Pila

I have little more time these days and finally reached HR6, that big guy doesn't fuck around I must say ^^ doing high rank with my Velo gear is funny, they do hit hard, you sure don't get bored.

Mupod

The first time I fought him in the campaign, I was struggling a bit when he enraged too, so I paintballed him, used a farcaster to go back to camp, made a cup of tea and put my feet up for a couple of minutes until he calmed down. Even had time to cook a steak.

Probably not the pro hunter approach but it worked for me :D

it's my secret shame that this is how I used to do Final Invitation in MHFU. To be fair that's two fucking Rajangs, but it was especially easy to cheese since it was an arena quest. You could just farcaster back up, make a new farcaster, then jump down and be back in the game so no time was wasted.

taybul

I remember farming him in low rank. For a lot of his attacks it's safest to be right under him. I think I was using a GS at the time but breaking his feelers (horns when enraged) breaks him out of it. As soon as he enrages I would immediately mount and focus on those feelers.

Pila

OT2 - I miss other videogames
OT2 - Monsters with magnificent eyebrows
OT2 - Dressing up cats and taking down dinosaurs

I'm bad at this, I tried. =(

zogged

Man, I finally managed to take down Dalamadur and boy that was intense. Its been a long time since a fight against an enemy so big has felt so satisfying. It wasnt Shadow of the Colossus level, but it was such a relief when we finally took it down. Next up, G-rank!

Ristlager

Man, I finally managed to take down Dalamadur and boy that was intense. Its been a long time since a fight against an enemy so big has felt so satisfying. It wasnt Shadow of the Colossus level, but it was such a relief when we finally took it down. Next up, G-rank!
Help me take Ukanlos, and I'll help you :)

tragic

Developer
Anyone have any of the good double mob charm/equipment grinding Guild Quests?

Yian / Rajang
Tigrex Sub + Rajang
Basarios + Rajang

Or basically anything with 1 scrub monster and one rank 6 (Kushala, Rajang, Shagaru, Teostra)? Would prefer Lance/Gunlance or GS/LS bias =).

Thanks!

Edit: Brach, Stygian Zinogre, Oroshi Kirin would be OK as second mob, but prefer Rank 6's (the first 4 mentioned). THX again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom