• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

I see how it is Chris! Didn't know those kinds of hunters were on GAF.

Got DCed after I canceled the quest. My connection in MH has always been super flakey. Sorry :(. Let me know if a spot opens back in the room.

Also, I only needed some of the keys we did, so we weren't doing just my stuff. Didn't need Zin or Gravy or B. Gravy.

Holy crap!

Just finished an awesome night fighting Gore Magalas and Najaralas farming for a few more difficult to acquire mats (at least for this low rank hunter) Chilled Beaks and a Gore Feelers for the record.

Was working on the Gore/Ceanataur set which I had heard a lot about but had never seen. (Sharpness +1 and Speed Sharpening. Coupled with my +10 Auto-Guard talisman and I am one bad ass Charge Blade wielding hunter.

After I finish gathering the materials (G. Magala, why you so hard to mount/break feelers?! I ended up having to capture a few to finally get a feeler) I went to The Man and built the set... and BOOM! What a bad ass set!

Soooooo loving this game.

UZqMonc.jpg

Holy crap!

Just finished an awesome night fighting Gore Magalas and Najaralas farming for a few more difficult to acquire mats (at least for this low rank hunter) Chilled Beaks and a Gore Feelers for the record.

Was working on the Gore/Ceanataur set which I had heard a lot about but had never seen. (Sharpness +1 and Speed Sharpening. Coupled with my +10 Auto-Guard talisman and I am one bad ass Charge Blade wielding hunter.

After I finish gathering the materials (G. Magala, why you so hard to mount/break feelers?! I ended up having to capture a few to finally get a feeler) I went to The Man and built the set... and BOOM! What a bad ass set!

Soooooo loving this game.

UZqMonc.jpg

Whoah that is exactly the same set I am rocking. But I don't get speed sharpening? What's up?

Shengar

I'm very unhappy about this as I sit here dodging and waiting still.

Probably its health isn't down to below 10% yet. I observed that it constantly stucking meteor when enraged and almost dying.

Nevertheless, omen mining is the epitome of anti-fun I've seen in a while.

Since I should be aiming to make a set asap, got my eye on a Kecha set. Got enough materials to make the Helm, but will hold off until I can make it more of it. There's a Cap as well which looks awesome, but it seems to be the same price and have the same stats except for a lower Defense.

Do you guys sell all of the gear that becomes obsolete? My hoarding nature (in games) makes me reluctant to sell pieces crafted from Monster parts

Might need to make a notepad document of materials I need soon, can see myself losing track at some point :p
Caps are for gunners. It'll say the type of armor when you look at it. You can't wear gunner armor with a blademaster and vice versa.

Selling gear isn't worth it since you end up rolling in money from doing later quests, easily.

Kyzon

Probably its health isn't down to below 10% yet. I observed that it constantly stucking meteor when enraged and almost dying.

Nevertheless, omen mining is the epitome of anti-fun I've seen in a while.

they stick, it's just a bunch of ore :

Edit: Found another!! and 10 minutes left, lol

So I'm still playing through the main story and I need a bit of weapon advice.

I've been using hammers, and have the Basarios Blow currently. Problem is it only has yellow sharpness, and it's starting to bounce off a lot of enemies if I don't fully charge it.

I'm assuming I can't upgrade it atm as I need Gossamite Ore which I haven't found, unless I've just been unlucky with whatever it's from.

Doing 4 star quests atm btw. Doing the Zamtrios now.

Shengar

they stick, it's just a bunch of ore :

Edit: Found another!! and 10 minutes left, lol
I can't fathom why Capcom don't make it at least a quest reward? Mined Yoldspar or Gossamite ore makes me wanna sell all of that ore in rage.
Apex seregios 10-7890-3692-3873

Do you keep playing to unlock more apex monsters? Or is there a path to follow?

For Apex Rajang, Tigrex, Gravios, Diablos, and Tidal Najarala, you must kill certain amount of monster of their kind. Apex Rajang for example, requires to kill 150 fanged beast in total (Lagombi, Kecha Wacha, etc).

Ken

Apex seregios 10-7890-3692-3873

Do you keep playing to unlock more apex monsters? Or is there a path to follow?

Apex Rajang is a scroll quest. The other Apex have unlock conditions ( like kill x amount of y type monsters)

You can also find Apex in GQs when certain conditions are met.

Kyzon

I can't fathom why Capcom don't make it at least a quest reward? Mined Yoldspar or Gossamite ore makes me wanna sell all of that ore in rage.

They probably do it literally just to be annoying. iirc, there's some monsters they put in just to annoy players, so drops wouldn't be that far off.

I hopped back in the room since I finally died, lol

Scher

Yep. He showed up randomly for me in my very first G1 Seltas.

I purposely got the Gamechanger buff when helping a friend out with G1. Apex Rajang showed up during the middle of the Desert Seltas quest and one shot my friend with a laser. I figured that was as good an introduction to G rank as I could give.

PKrockin

So I'm still playing through the main story and I need a bit of weapon advice.

I've been using hammers, and have the Basarios Blow currently. Problem is it only has yellow sharpness, and it's starting to bounce off a lot of enemies if I don't fully charge it.

I'm assuming I can't upgrade it atm as I need Gossamite Ore which I haven't found, unless I've just been unlucky with whatever it's from.

Doing 4 star quests atm btw. Doing the Zamtrios now.
I would basically take anything with comparable raw attack if it meant getting green sharpness over yellow. For starters I would take the Meaty Smash (low rank Zamtrios hammer) over it.

yami4ct

Changed from the best Narj axe to the (second to last) Seregios one. Man that thing is good. Auto sharpening with evade is a cool mechanic that works really well with Switch-Axes. Going to be hard to convince me to go back.

Thanks so much to Kairessa, Chris and Dat Waifu for helping me out! Sorry if I misspelled any of your names.

No problem. Gave me an excuse to fight Dal again. Only fought him once for my HR7 urgent and never had a reason to go back. Really dig that fight.

I would basically take anything with comparable raw attack if it meant getting green sharpness over yellow. For starters I would take the Meaty Smash (low rank Zamtrios hammer) over it.

Oh I forgot about that hammer, I saw it last night.

3 Zamtrios kills now and only 5 fins out of the 6 I need. Hopefully just the one more kill.

It feels so good to master a monster's movements. After soloing the Hall's Chaotic Gore Magala fighting any of the Magalas is so easy, ended up killing the Village Chaotic Gore in like 12 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom