• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludovico

Downloading Majora's Mask and SMTIV.

Would've been nice, but oh well, guess I'll have to grab it after work tomorrow...

;_;

Einbroch

Banned
Just got back from Gamestop. Booting it up.

enhanced-14836-1414320930-8.jpg

My classes only start at 10:30 tomorrow, so I'm gonna pass by EB to pick my bundle up. Granted I will only be able to fire it up once I get home, to do the system transfer and all that, but oh well. After tomorrow I will have all the time in the world to play the game :p

popyea

I need to fix the circle pad on my 3ds XL before I can play (is there anyone here that uses the dpad to play by choice?). Going to open it up and see if I can get it to move smoothly again. Wish me luck.

I don't know if this has been posted here but:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/dubindo...-starter-pack-free-items-and-a-super-surprise

After you get your game, you should head to the Nintendo eShop and download the Patch 1.1 item listed there; that’s our free gift for you. But what exactly comes in this nice little present? Lots of super useful items! Here’s the list:

Mega Potion x50
Honey x30
Mega Dash Juice x15
Well-done Steak x30
Max Potion x10
Lifepowder x20
Ancient Potion x5
Flash Bomb x30
Sonic Bomb x30
Pitfall Trap x15
Shock Trap x15
Super Mushroom x6

It’s a pretty handy pack, wouldn’t you say? Oh, what’s that last one…? Super Mushroom, huh?

Holy moly.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
It'll save me a tiny bit of grinding, which I can always appreciate. A good way to apologize for a day one update. :p

Squishy3

Dammit Gamestop.

Scheduled Delivery Updated To:
Monday, 02/16/2015, by 3:00 P.M.(by end of day for residential deliveries)

IT'S NOT 1 DAY SHIPPING IF IT DOESN'T TAKE 1 DAY TO GET HERE

Dammit Gamestop.

This is what my gamestop guy told me when I asked what one day shipping really meant... he said it would probably SHIP on the 13th, and arrive either Saturday or Monday.

So I opted for the black, because fuck waiting even one more day.

popyea

I feel like i'm the type of person who will spend time making 300 cooked meats before I do anything else. I never used to be like this, but I did it once in 3U and got addicted to the sight of so much ready to eat meat.

Squishy3

This is what my gamestop guy told me when I asked what one day shipping really meant... he said it would probably SHIP on the 13th, and arrive either Saturday or Monday.
It's shipping from somewhere I can drive to and back by 8:00 am tomorrow if I left right now, lol.

Edit: changed to 21/3 now, so now my anger is no longer justified and these posts look silly

Dammit Gamestop.

That really sucks dude. Mine just update as well. It looks like I may have lucked out.

Scheduled Delivery:
Friday, 02/13/2015, by 3:00 P.M.(by end of day for residential deliveries)

so I completely forgot this comes out tomorrow/today.

Just preordered from Bestbuy website for in store pick up tomorrow. GCU made it 30 and free 10 dollar gift card too. cant really go wrong.

Gamestop 1 day shipping is supposed to be release day shipping. If you got 1 day shipping and didn't get it tomorrow I would contact their support

JimPanzer

Already 10 hours in (got my copy of MH on wednesday and my n3ds yesterday). How's everyone handling single- and multiplayer progression? I planned to finish the village quests first, but now I got an urge for multiplayer.

Btw. is the MH theme already out on the european eshop?

Lyonaz

I ordered the n3ds XL bundle, should be arriving at home in 9-11 hrs.
Can't actually play it until late at night when I get home.

Pretty excited, need to buy Majora's Mask also.

So I decided to look at the stats so far on the Guild spreadsheet, with 62 responses so far, I found some interesting numbers for which weapons are planned on being used the most:

Charge Blade 47%
Long Sword 40%
Hammer 31%
Insect Glaive 27%
Great Sword 27%
Switch Axe 27%
Hunting Horn 21%
Sword And Shield15%
Lance 15%
Gunlance 15%
Bow 15%
Heavy Bowgun 10%
Dual Swords 8%
Light Bowgun 8%

Charge Blade so far is ahead of everything else by a bit. Do take these numbers with a grain of salt, my form allows for the user to pick multiple weapons, so these don't necessarily mean that 47% of the responses picked only CB, but that they chose it as one of the weapons that they plan on using.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
People were expecting a midnight eshop release?
It didn't happen for the neither 4 nor 4G in Japan :p

MattyG

Banned
So you guys may not know the answer to this since it JUST came out, but do you guys think this would be a good place to jump in on the series? I played MH3U on WiiU for a few hours and it didn't really click, but I'm not sure I gave it enough time.

And is it going to be a pain in the ass to play on a normal XL without the c-stick?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
So you guys may not know the answer to this since it JUST came out, but do you guys think this would be a good place to jump in on the series? I played MH3U on WiiU for a few hours and it didn't really click, but I'm not sure I gave it enough time.

And is it going to be a pain in the ass to play on a normal XL without the c-stick?
This is the best game to get into the series and yes, you can play on a normal XL without any problems.

Naw, I played MH3U on the 3ds just fine. The auto-center on monster thing worked really well.

As far as your first question, I read 4U was pretty approachable for newcomers but I've only played the demo so who knows.

MattyG

Banned
This is the best game to get into the series and yes, you can play on a normal XL without any problems.
Fantastic! That just made my purchasing descision 100x easier, I'll get it sometime next week when I'm done with MM3D. Thanks!

Naw, I played MH3U on the 3ds just fine. The auto-center on monster thing worked really well.

As far as your first question, I read 4U was pretty approachable for newcomers but I've only played the demo so who knows.

This is supposed to be the easiest game to get into, with a lot of explanations as you play, missions that prepare you for what is to come, etc. This all comes bundled up in a game that has the most content in the series too, I'd say now is the best time to jump in.

No I put hundreds of hours into MH3U on my 3DS and there was no C-stick back then. There is a lock-on feature that once selected allows you to tap L to lock on to big enemies. You would be fine :D

Try the demo, really. You should be able to try different weapons to see which one suits you best and take on the Great Jaggi and if the game (and a weapon type) clicks for you you'll realize how great it can be.
Awesome, thanks for all the input guys! I'll definitely check the demo out!

This is supposed to be the easiest game to get into, with a lot of explanations as you play, missions that prepare you for what is to come, etc. This all comes bundled up in a game that has the most content in the series too, I'd say now is the best time to jump in.

No I put hundreds of hours into MH3U on my 3DS and there was no C-stick back then. There is a lock-on feature that once selected allows you to tap L to lock on to big enemies. You would be fine :D

BooJoh

Scheduled Delivery:
Friday, 02/13/2015, By End of Day

Sleep will not come easy tonight.

Try the demo, really. You should be able to try different weapons to see which one suits you best and take on the Great Jaggi and if the game (and a weapon type) clicks for you you'll realize how great it can be.

Soriku

So I decided to look at the stats so far on the Guild spreadsheet, with 62 responses so far, I found some interesting numbers for which weapons are planned on being used the most:

Charge Blade so far is ahead of everything else by a bit. Do take these numbers with a grain of salt, my form allows for the user to pick multiple weapons, so these don't necessarily mean that 47% of the responses picked only CB, but that they chose it as one of the weapons that they plan on using.

Surprised at how high longsword is and how low dual swords is.

I'm a lance guy, but I plan on giving CB a try.

K.Sabot

Went to my local walmart cause fuck it and they had 2 copies.

They also had a Majora's Mask New 3DS apparently... damn

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Surprised at how high longsword is and how low dual swords is.

I'm a lance guy, but I plan on giving CB a try.

If you've played MH3U online it wouldn't be surprising. EVERYONE uses Longsword. I almost never see Dual Swords at all.

kollapse

Neo Member
Thought I could get out of the office in time to catch the midnight release, but no luck - still here. Have fun everyone; hope to hunt tomorrow!

XaosWolf

At least you guys lack of a Midnight launch means I can start fresh with you guys as I'm just finishing my nightshift.

Played a bit where I could, and am enjoying the added mobility immensely. Especially with an egg! =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom