• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was playing through demo and as an archer....is it me or is it almost impossible to aim a monster....been trying to get a shot in but most either misses or the c stick just makes me move too far or not enough...there is no lock on as I understand as I tried all the buttons.

And how on earth do I mount?

divusrex

Just picked up the collectors edition from ebgames midnight release. So excited.

Lucky, I have to wait til tomorrow morning since the Gamestop I ordered it from isn't doing a midnight release... :(

On the bright side, I just got an tracking update on my MH n3DS bundle from Gamestop! I'll have it in my hands tomorrow!

I CAN'T CONTAIN MY HYPE

Condom

Was playing through demo and as an archer....is it me or is it almost impossible to aim a monster....been trying to get a shot in but most either misses or the c stick just makes me move too far or not enough...there is no lock on as I understand as I tried all the buttons.

Don't they have a tutorial?

Garou

Press the monster-icon on the lower screen --> Press L to center the camera on the monster.

I guess bow and arrow isn't for me ill try different weapons. But does get hectic when theres smaller monsters attacking. Would have been nice to keep an eye on the one monster I can track in that particular area to avoid confusion

Shadoron

I guess bow and arrow isn't for me ill try different weapons. But does get hectic when theres smaller monsters attacking. Would have been nice to keep an eye on the one monster I can track in that particular area to avoid confusion

This might be silly, but you are holding the R shoulder button down to bring up the cross hair, yes?

EDIT: Crap, just saw you said *bow*, not *bowgun.*

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I think Bow i extremely fun, especially in the demo because they supply you with lots of coats. The lock on is serviceable, for constant damage, but maximizing damage output by aiming at vital parts would be hard. I think the best thing is that it gets crowded with 4 people going in, so it's great to volley off from afar.

ohlawd

and the game just finished redownloading

hypest night ever. will stick to just one hour so I can wake up early and play more

There's no lock-on for the smaller monsters.

For the large monsters, there's a button on the touch screen you need to activate (by default in the lower right). Then when you tap L button, it will snap the camera to look at the monster.

For mounting, you need to jump and attack onto the monster from above. This will generally require you to leap off a ledge onto the monster below. If you're in MP, someone can do an up-attack with things like the great sword to launch you as well, and your felyne's can also do it I believe. The Insect Glaive is the only weapon from what I recall which can self-launch you into the air.

Hugstable

Banned
Any hope for a midnight PST release? I got excited when I remembered that this game was actually coming out today, I forgot -____-

ohlawd

Any hope for a midnight PST release? I got excited when I remembered that this game was actually coming out today, I forgot -____-

that's not happening

12 AM EST/9 PM PST if you want the game on midnight. you're waiting until 9 AM PST sorries

Hugstable

Banned
that's not happening

12 AM EST/9 PM PST if you want the game on midnight. you're waiting until 9 AM PST sorries

Aww darn :( Oh well might as well get some good sleep tonight then, I plan on playing as much as I can tomorrow. Don't really know what weapon I wanna settle on yet, played alot on MH3U with Switch Axe and Dual Blades. Might check out Charge Blade, hammer, or one of the 2 lances, but I definitely want to switch it up from what I used in MH3U.

Condom

If you've played MH3U online it wouldn't be surprising. EVERYONE uses Longsword. I almost never see Dual Swords at all.
Long sword is the easiest for beginners with decent damage so it's logical. Dual swords is infinitely more badass though.

It's just so sad that I could never get into lance. Maybe this time around...

Haunted

I'll definitely join you guys in this thread and in the community with my hunting group!

...but most likely at a later date, when Capcom decides to get their head out of their asses and provides a big-screen version for us to play.

Santiako

I started this yesterday night and I'm now counting down the minutes until I finish work and can go back in (7 hours to go T_T).

I wish theres was a way to skip directly to at least hunting G.Jaggi missions without having to do all the beginning crappy quests.

NewGame

Banned
I'll definitely join you guys in this thread and in the community with my hunting group!

...but most likely at a later date, when Capcom decides to get their head out of their asses and provides a big-screen version for us to play.

Weakling! We will be HR 999 before you join.

Downloaded it from the eShop at midnight, went back to sleep and played it a bit this morning.
The introduction to the game must be the best in any Monster Hunter ever. Fighting an Elder Dragon right at the beginning of the game, are you kidding me?! That's awesome!

The two tutorial missions were pretty good thuogh I wish I could've skipped them, since I know my basics around MonHun and the new features aren't that hard to learn and get used to.

Saved and stopped playing after those tutorial missions. Felt really good.

In a week or two I'll get myself a New 3DS where hopefully it will be even more fun to play on.

Can't wait to come home from work and do nothing else but playing this game until tomorrow morning or so.

Pila

It's fucking friday the 13th, time to hunt down some monsters!!1

Jesus, a new Monster Hunter. I really can't wait to start playing, almost called sick at work but I've got urgent shit to do today here. :/

See you around hunters.

Just got an email that my copy is being dispatched, so let the longest and slowest workday commence. I probably won't bother showing my face online until I got through LR at the very least. That way I can farm some basic items and learn the ropes of my new weapon and the new mechanics.

Here's to hoping PING's HM4U Dex gets updated soon with some translations. The MH3U one was my bible for many years.

deoee

Getting my new XL MH4 bundle Later today from Saturn Germany. Was able to order one last week. It's crazy how all of the console versions are sold out like everywhere :D

deoee

It's fucking friday the 13th, time to hunt down some monsters!!1

Jesus, a new Monster Hunter. I really can't wait to start playing, almost called sick at work but I've got urgent shit to do today here. :/

See you around hunters.

I loled at the urgent shit, taking it literally xD

Like you just attend to work to sit on the porcelain throne and letting go.

nin1000

Banned
they-pull-me-back-in-image.jpg

After using my 3ds Xl just as a Monster Hunter machine , i traded it in last year.
This game however will break my will and force me to buy the new 3DS in order to spend again a TON of hours into this game.

Is someone who used CPP in previous MH and now has n3DS with c-stick and can describe difference?? How it feels, it is worse or better??

Having the extra analog stick on the N3DS is so comfortable, it's almost as good as playing on the Wii U.

Picked up my bundle yesterday, I decided to give Insect Glaive a go and started doing the tutorial quests, hopefully upgrading the Glaives isn't too much additional hassle with having to upgrade the weapon and insect separately.

aka_bueno

Is someone who used CPP in previous MH and now has n3DS with c-stick and can describe difference?? How it feels, it is worse or better??

I own an XL with CPP. I played with the store demo New XL (I'm picking my New XL tomorrow) and the c-stick nub itself is worse than the CPP's circle pad no doubt. It's a nub vs an actual circle pad. No contest.

But as a whole, the New XL with nub I prefer to the XL with CPP attachment cause it's just so damn bulky and heavy and not comfortable to hold. Not to mention the CPP makes you have to stretch your thumb more cause the 2nd circle pad is further removed from the device.

The nub on the New XL though works just fine for camera movement, im happy I can use a c-stick now and not have to use such an ugly and bulky attachment anymore. But I wish Nintendo opted for the better performing circle pad compared to a nub. Oh well, I'm still stoked for my New XL.

ilium

Just got my n3ds and mh from a shop. On my way back home now.
Can't really believe it's happening right now.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

you think a wii u version is in the works?

Fistwell

I dunno if MH4 has capture-only quests but if it does, bring extra traps and tranqs before going in.
Yeah it does.

seriously considering taking out a short term loan just so I can play it day 1 rather than wait a month. I don't want to be so far behind the rest of the pack :(
Will be happy to help you catch up.

Already 10 hours in (got my copy of MH on wednesday and my n3ds yesterday). How's everyone handling single- and multiplayer progression? I planned to finish the village quests first, but now I got an urge for multiplayer.
About 9h-ish here, offline: 3rd village, started getting hunts in the snow map; online: only did a cple of key quests.

Early goings are taking forever or so it feels, looking forward to getting to more interesting monsters. Also looking forward to devil slicer <3 ;3

JimPanzer

About 9h-ish here, offline: 3rd village, started getting hunts in the snow map; online: only did a cple of key quests.

Early goings are taking forever or so it feels, looking forward to getting to more interesting monsters. Also looking forward to devil slicer <3 ;3

It really picks up in the third village, tons of new monsters and finally some good Glaives to craft!

windfish

That feel when you're checking your friendlist and the 70 people there are "Unavailable".

That feel when you're checking your friendlist and everyone plays MH4U, while the delivery guy fucks up your order and delivers the game to the wrong place.. ;_;

H1PSTER

I couldn't get into MH3U or Tri, I'm absolutely loving this one though.

I want to start using the charge blade but I'm worried that it's too complicated for me, any hints?

Failing that could you recommend me a weapon that hits fast but strong? I don't expect GreatSword strength but I like to kill things, not tickle them.

Happy hunting.

Kane1345

Good morning fellow hunters! It's MH4U day!

Eagerly waiting for the postman..........

Here have a meme to pass the time

064f2ac382a8985808e69ff6c3e478ca90def9116462753a7b13e30172558793.jpg

aka_bueno

I couldn't get into MH3U or Tri, I'm absolutely loving this one though.

I want to start using the charge blade but I'm worried that it's too complicated for me, any hints?

Failing that could you recommend me a weapon that hits fast but strong? I don't expect GreatSword strength but I like to kill things, not tickle them.

Happy hunting.
Long Sword is what you're looking for probably, it's one of the most common weapon choices in prior MonHuns because it's pretty easy to use, long reach, fast and decent damage.

Also try Dual Blades. Super fast attacks and movement. Single hits won't hit as hard as other weapons, but you'll be connecting hits at a much higher pace plus you have powered up modes.

Fistwell

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Start by figuring out a cple of moves and combos to use as bread and butter, then build up your repertoire from there.

Switch axe is pretty strong and still fast. The LS would probably not feel meaty enough for you from what you're saying, although it makes you feel pretty nimble.

Edit: lol posted without seeing bueno's remarks, wasn't trying to put down his suggestion (and I love the LS myself).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom