• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Tri G |OT| Dozens of Monsters, Zero Compelling Textures

http://www.youtube.com/user/mimusu1634#p/u/2/P4j0X-6oGeU

9JL6D.gif

-This includes many annoying things that were fixed later in 3rd --- they are still 'Tri' here, unfixed. For example, there is no fourth "box" page (normal three pages only) and there is no cat to send your stuff back once per mission. Feels bad, man.
it's like i died and went to heaven. i hated the P3 quest pouch because it replaced the Tri ammo pouch for gunners. bringing ammo and materials in 3 pages? it makes me sick.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Speaking of the new monster hunter, here are a few shots I took today in Shinjuku:
sY8Jj.jpg

TZukd.jpg

ftHjw.jpg

v9Ilh.jpg

Emitan

but you don't know anybody with a 3ds... so why do you need the extra battery life?

Because I get anxious whenever I have to start thinking about battery life. I'm dumb and will pay money to have a longer battery life whether I need it or not because it makes me more comfortable when I play. Hell, I leave my PS3 controllers connected to my PS3 most of the time when I play.

Boney

Banned
Because I get anxious whenever I have to start thinking about battery life. I'm dumb and will pay money to have a longer battery life whether I need it or not because it makes me more comfortable when I play. Hell, I leave my PS3 controllers connected to my PS3 most of the time when I play.

you said it!

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Is 3D feature of any help?

only played the demo but - yes - definitely a help.

Having the extra perceivable Z axis means that you are less likely to drop your attacks short - i'd imagine it'll make fights where you are actively looking to dodge through enemy limbs a bit easier too.

(Great sword player)

only played the demo but - yes - definitely a help.

Having the extra perceivable Z axis means that you are less likely to drop your attacks short - i'd imagine it'll make fights where you are actively looking to dodge through enemy limbs a bit easier too.

(Great sword player)

Great! I can imagine it being a godsend in underwater fights. Can't even count the amount of times where I had no idea how far away the monster was from me (so many wasted combo attacks, only to leave myself open to attack!)

How strong is the 3D effect anyway? Weak like RE:Mercenaries/SF64 3D, Strong like OoT 3D/Pilotwings Resort or somewhere in the middle like SM3DL/Mario Kart 7?

upandaway

Village
- Low Rank
- High Rank

Tanjia Port
- Low Rank
- Hight Rank
- G
Oooooh, G rank.

Is it another ascending difficulty set? I kinda want a rank where all monsters are the same maximum-ish in life and attack. A Qurupeco with Deviljho stats, when they're both in the same rank.

Tenbatsu

So since Cha-Cha is in those vids, those should be village quests? High rank since it's 8,9 stars? The guy seems like a halfway decent player so quest times do feel "right"
Not sure if you are able to bring Cha Cha along online as MHP3 allows you to. But that video is certainly Village quest as it's stated in the video description.

Am comparing Iron Impact with ATK of 936 no element with Star 9 offline, 25 mins seems comparable to Tri.

Is it another ascending difficulty set?
It's the highest difficulty in a MH game.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Not sure if you are able to bring Cha Cha along online as MHP3 allows you to. But that video is certainly Village quest as it's stated in the video description.

Am comparing Iron Impact with ATK of 936 no element with Star 9 offline, 25 mins seems comparable to Tri.

It's the highest difficulty in a MH game.

Yeah, you can bring Cha Cha to online quests, as well as the new guy Kayamba

Jonnyram

The videos look amazing. Love the lighting and shadows.
I just don't want to play the same game again :(
They better add plenty of new maps/monsters for MH4.

Luigiv

Bighead explodey fist is the dumbest thing I have ever seen but at least it has a nice theme.

He wouldn't be so bad if his horn was smaller/wasn't so stupid looking. But yeah, whomever was responsible for the awesome monster designs of Tri was obviously not working on this (or P3rd for that matter). Hopefully 4's cast looks better.

DCharlie

He wouldn't be so bad if his horn was smaller/wasn't so stupid looking. But yeah, whomever was responsible for the awesome monster designs of Tri was obviously not working on this (or P3rd for that matter). Hopefully 4's cast looks better.

... wait.... what?

Cha-Cha and Kayanba - You can use both of them when playing 'offline' in the guild, and you can choose one of them to use when playing 'online' (counts as a person, obviously, so if you have 4 people you can't use them at all). Both Cha-Cha and Kayanba have levels, bravery, mask levels, etc (can't remember if all of this was in Tri or not, for Cha-Cha) and they also have a compatibility rate that starts at level 1 and takes a long time to level up. Mine is almost level 2, so we will see what it changes.

Also, the quest in the Youtube video above (according to that user) is the final High-Rank Village quest.

Also, it looks like the maximum number of 'hits' you can get at once on Streetpass is 20 (maxed out in no time at Nipponbashi today, lol).

Jonnyram

Zinogre is one of my favourites in P3rd. I think the fur monsters will look awesome when tech is good enough to render the fur.

DCharlie

In case anyone had any doubts Lance is the best weapon

wife alternates between Lance and bow gun, she's pretty happy with the Lance!

Sounds like she was on a solo'ing rampage last night whilst i slept but that's MH3rdP talk

DCharlie

Just me seguing from one thought to the next like a crazy person, no need to pay mind.

haha, no worries :)

hmmm - this is reminding me to pick up the MH art book.

Top Bottom