• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Strike |OT| Lucy in the Sky with Divine Sharls

Ooph, can you ascend any of your five stars?

Still waiting on Slash dungeon to run (unless it already has and I just haven't been paying attention). Also haven't been playing the game much recently; Monstrike is honestly a pretty low priority game compared to the umpteen bajillion other games that some of you may be aware of that I play.

Draxal

Still waiting on Slash dungeon to run (unless it already has and I just haven't been paying attention). Also haven't been playing the game much recently; Monstrike is honestly a pretty low priority game compared to the umpteen bajillion other games that some of you may be aware of that I play.

Slash is way in the future and he's actually kinda hard.

I need like 10 of him to Ascend Strike from base form whooooooo

Starting to get the idea that it'd be better in the short term to just evolve Striker first.

chrono01

So the older monsters, such as Lancelot, are getting new Ascensions, as shown in the Monster Strike App Bank stream on NicoNico. Not only that, Arthur/Harley X will be getting Fruit Abilities, and they're adding Skill-Up's to the game! Maybe now I won't have to wait 30 turns to use Zeus's Strike Shot.

Japan-only, at the moment, but I'm sure we'll eventually get the update in NA.

So the older monsters, such as Lancelot, are getting new Ascensions, as shown in the Monster Strike App Bank stream on NicoNico. Not only that, Arthur/Harley X will be getting Fruit Abilities, and they're adding Skill-Up's to the game! Maybe now I won't have to wait 30 turns to use Zeus's Strike Shot.

Japan-only, at the moment, but I'm sure we'll eventually get the update in NA.
My Lancelot's day to shine is finally coming.

After playing off and on the past couple of weeks because I've been busy, I like the core gameplay a lot better than PAD for sure. Especially with the Co-Op.

PAD blows the team building aspect of the game out of the water though. So many different combinations and it general it feels easier to make a good team.

maguskain

After playing off and on the past couple of weeks because I've been busy, I like the core gameplay a lot better than PAD for sure. Especially with the Co-Op.

PAD blows the team building aspect of the game out of the water though. So many different combinations and it general it feels easier to make a good team.

Totally agree with you on the gameplay - I was really, really surprised how easy it was to set up co-op with my two kids. We had a blast playing it together for probably close to an hour over the weekend. And it's great that only one player has to use stamina.

Draxal

I like the core gameplay in this game and that it's really really fast. Early PAD was pretty fast though, so I'm not sure if it completely changes once we can to the 60 energy dungeons.

Shouta

My Lancelot's day to shine is finally coming.

Lance is a good unit even without an ascension but he's gonna get up there with the right skill combinations. As I pointed out before, power creep is already there and a lot of usable units are being overlooked for the best ones.

Also, I've beaten several of the extremes solo without my top-ranking monsters so it's certainly possible. I mean seriously, the only notable units I have are Odin and Marge both Water, lol.

Draxal

Lance is a good unit even without an ascension but he's gonna get up there with the right skill combinations. As I pointed out before, power creep is already there and a lot of usable units are being overlooked for the best ones.

Also, I've beaten several of the extremes solo without my top-ranking monsters so it's certainly possible. I mean seriously, the only notable units I have are Odin and Marge both Water, lol.

Power creep in this game compared to others gacha games is a little different. The creep here is to get a good enough team to get Izanami; which is then used to get Kushinada.

Kushinada being the best unit in the game.

Also, there's a new form of power creep in that minesweeper and null warp becomes much more important, and getting six star minesweepers is a thing.

Shouta

Obviously, it's a little different but some of the gimmicks are more annoying than making stuff impossible to finish, mostly the Warp, which is kinda hilarious in action, lol. Those can be tackled with any monster. May not do it fast but it's possible.

Makes sense. Optimal units are more important for co-op since team composition can vary, as well as the team's ability to work together. >_>

Shouta

Wow, I'm checking out the Godzilla collab units and they're sick looking. Some of them are even really good too.

blAAAm

Banned
has anyone else mad it here, it says i need to be Rank 111. Seems kind of odd...

vFFLUic.png

Cels

10-pulled, all 4-stars:

4x shadowgaff
2x quiri
1x venus
1x ishida mitsunari (dupe)
1x galahad (dupe)
1x crocodire (dupe)

uh yeah gonna stop playing for a while

Tried soloing Dark Wyrm on extreme with Tini, Zeus, Nobunaga, and Arthur while in class. Died right before Arthur could finish the boss off with her SS. :| Two light units was a bad idea. Then again, I could probably do it a lot better a second time around and giving it my full attention.
10-pulled, all 4-stars:

4x shadowgaff
2x quiri
1x venus
1x ishida mitsunari (dupe)
1x galahad (dupe)
1x crocodire (dupe)

uh yeah gonna stop playing for a while
Just trade in your divine sharls for some good monsters. :p

TxdoHawk

Semi-weird question. I've started playing this on my iPhone 5S, and I've noticed this game (along with several other online-focused mobile games that stream heavily from the network) often get stuck at "connecting..." screens for several seconds, I even see the occasional timeout. This is despite having a strong 4G signal and/or wifi connection. Is this the normal experience for everyone else? Overloaded servers, perhaps?

chrono01

So it was my birthday yesterday, and I was gifted a $25 iTunes gift card. I figured, since I'm enjoying Monster Strike and all, that I'd put that towards the purchase of a few Magic Orbs so I could attempt to get Margarite. I already had over 40, so 60 extra would allow me to do two 10-pull.

So I did.

Nothing but 4*, and a lot of them being dupes.

That's 200 Magic Orbs I put towards this specific Gatcha, with 140 of them being earned in-game, and not one Margarite obtained. Sure I have Zeus, Arthur, Striker, Wildcat, Tini, etc., but I wanted Margarite since she's basically the gateway between more powerful monsters, but it seems as though I'll be without her.

I'll tell you one thing, though. It will be a long while before I spent more money on Magic Orbs. Actually, I can't see myself even buying more honestly. I know it's random, and there are reports of people getting amazing units on even single pulls, but to spent 100 Magic Orbs and not get a single thing out of it, especially considering 60 of those Magic Orbs were purchased with actual money [albeit, with the help of a gift card], and it's even more painful. It doesn't help that, despite a handful of 4* Units, that anything other than a 5* is essentially a throw away monster, and it's even more upsetting.

So yes, I still love the game, and will continue playing. However, whatever monsters I receive from now on will be obtained either in-game through Descents, or earned with free Magic Orbs. I just can't stomach the spending on this much money, when the Gatcha rate seems so low.

So much for the "Super" drop-rates. :/

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I feel you Chrono, had the same shitty 4* drops in my 10 rolls and i swear i was ready to drop the game if i hadnt gotten Margarite on that last pull. Yeah of course i wanted her, but i would have been fine with other good 5* stars showing up as well....but nothing. The drop rate seems way too low considering we are still in the launch period

But i got Marg so even though im pissed, i know that i wont be spending orbs anytime soon. And why it sucks, thanks to the launch period and the free bonus we all have quite solid lineups - with or without Marg.

Only need to clear one 60 stamina Descent and you are good to go.

chrono01

I feel you Chrono, had the same shitty 4* drops in my 10 rolls and i swear i was ready to drop the game if i hadnt gotten Margarite on that last pull. Yeah of course i wanted her, but i would have been fine with other good 5* stars showing up as well....but nothing. The drop rate seems way too low considering we are still in the launch period

But i got Marg so even though im pissed, i know that i wont be spending orbs anytime soon. And why it sucks, thanks to the launch period and the free bonus we all have quite solid lineups - with or without Marg.

Only need to clear one 60 stamina Descent and you are good to go.
Yeah, supposedly Arthur isn't too bad for Izanami [the first of the Descents], although obviously not as nice as Margarite, so here's hoping I can find a LINE group so I can complete it, obtain Inanami, and then work from there. But still, seeing all of those Orbs and absolutely nothing come out of it is slightly souring. I know it can be difficult to get a few monsters in PAD, but it's not quite this bad, and at least the "lesser monsters" are still good as subs. Not here.

BTW, not sure I congratulated you on Margarite, so...congrats!

Azusa

[wall of text]

So much for the "Super" drop-rates. :/

Yeah. When I'm buying stones in PAD I know that in 5-10 rolls I'll get some gods. But here... I have bought some orbs (not much) rolled 20 times and got nothing.

I'll just enjoy this game and hope for lucky free rolls. As you do, I don't feel like buying orbs for rolls again.

chrono01

Yeah. When I'm buying stones in PAD I know that in 5-10 rolls I'll get some gods. But here... I have bought some orbs (not much) rolled 20 times and got nothing.

I'll just enjoy this game and hope for lucky free rolls. As you do, I don't feel like buying orbs for rolls again.
Pretty much.

It is a bit surprising to see the rates so low for launch, as you said. It's not as though the monsters in the Gatcha are the best in the game [those would be the Descent drops], so it wouldn't exactly hurt them to up the rate a bit. If anything, it's just going to dissuade anyone coming into the game, since getting the monsters to run the higher Descents will prove too difficult and, since those monsters are needed, people won't get an opportunity to run the Descent in the first place.

Granted, I think those of us in GAF who re-rolled for a decent first/second roll don't really have anything to be worried about, but not everyone is as informed as us.

Svafnir

Wonder if this game will get as popular as Puzzle and Dragons. I find the gameplay mechanic much more for fun for sure. Also... I can't wait till the day 30 Divine Sharl. I need it!

Shouta

They really need to get this game up to date with the JP version and make sure there are QOL improvements like not making the gatcha so damn bad, lol.

I'm lucky to have gotten Marge on my first 10-pull so I'm sitting on orbs now but it shouldn't be this teeth pulling for other folks.

Also, they need Morling dungeons. I have so much gold because of that initial launch phase and not enough morlings to use them on. I really need a dungeon where a ton drop.

Rahk

Think I pulled 3x 10 rolls during this event as well as a bunch of single rolls and didn't get a single 5 star in that. They expect people to pay money for this? I mean, I guess people do judging by how successful it is. Seems like a bad way to go about it though.

So yeah. Gatcha is terrible and if it wasn't for co-op being fun I would have probably quit.

john tv

They really need to get this game up to date with the JP version and make sure there are QOL improvements like not making the gatcha so damn bad, lol.

I'm lucky to have gotten Marge on my first 10-pull so I'm sitting on orbs now but it shouldn't be this teeth pulling for other folks.

Also, they need Morling dungeons. I have so much gold because of that initial launch phase and not enough morlings to use them on. I really need a dungeon where a ton drop.
Morlings drop a lot on the later Normal Mode stages. Especially the last five missing ones, which will be out very soon...

Morlings drop a lot on the later Normal Mode stages. Especially the last five missing ones, which will be out very soon...

Later normal mode stages (even just the ones we actually have) + double drop rate = I can't hold all these morlings.

I think i got like 6k+ atk in morlings after fuses from when the fire dungeons were double drop earlier this week.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
PSA, just downloaded an update and we got new single player Dungeons.

Top Bottom