• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Strike |OT| Lucy in the Sky with Divine Sharls

Dreavus

Is it possible to boot players from your party when recruiting a team? A 4-star or non-maxed 5 star isn't going to help on Savage difficulty in most cases (I've run with it a few times, and subsequently gotten destroyed), but I sometimes get those players joining again and again. The only thing I can do is cancel the whole party.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Dont think its possible, otherwise we would use it if necessary. They expect you to share the link only with the persons you wanna play, but that would be a helpful option.

If you spend some time in the Line chat you will figure out quick that playing savage/extreme events with Non maxed isnt the best idea.

Draxal

Is it possible to boot players from your party when recruiting a team? A 4-star or non-maxed 5 star isn't going to help on Savage difficulty in most cases (I've run with it a few times, and subsequently gotten destroyed), but I sometimes get those players joining again and again. The only thing I can do is cancel the whole party.

Are you doing coop via line or local area? I do coop in line groups only for savage and harder.

This is why you annotate your invites

john tv

In JP, people cancel the party as soon as someone who is no good joins, to try and signal that they're the prob. Usually after 2 or 3 cancels, people get the hint.

You're in an area that has enough ppl playing to be able to recruit for local matches? I'm impressed!

cw_sasuke

So any gaffer attended the launch party and got a Code for Alice? She looks really cool stats wise, hope some of you had the chance to obtain a code. I would have gone as well, but traveling to another continent for Alice would be a bit too much, even for me.... lol

chrono01

So any gaffer attended the launch party and got a Code for Alice? She looks really cool stats wise, hope some of you had the chance to obtain a code. I would have gone as well, but traveling to another continent for Alice would be a bit too much, even for me.... lol
Yeah, I would have loved to attend, but living in Canada, it would have made things more difficult than I would have preferred.

If someone doesn't want theirs, or received an extra, I'd gladly PayPal you $10-$15 for it.

/continues to hope

Dreavus

In JP, people cancel the party as soon as someone who is no good joins, to try and signal that they're the prob. Usually after 2 or 3 cancels, people get the hint.

You're in an area that has enough ppl playing to be able to recruit for local matches? I'm impressed!

That's what I've been doing, but sometimes they're persistent (probably because I'm the only one showing up at the moment). Sometimes I'll give up and switch to something easier/single player. I haven't joined the line group yet.

It varies from time to time, but yeah, the in-game "recruit -> search for players" has actually been decent for public games. Joining someone else's is hit or miss but I usually get someone joining mine pretty quickly.

I'll check out joining the line group for the harder missions.

Svafnir

Did a couple changes to the monster strike database. I add up the maximum and bonus stats for you now, saves you the trouble of doing it yourself.

http://www.strikehub.com/monsters/striker-jr/information/

I also use these combined totals on the statistic ranking pages. This changed the order a bit and Dark Usurper Zeus is now #2 in terms of total HP of all 923 monsters in the English and Japanese versions while Dark Tini is the fastest monster in the game.

http://www.strikehub.com/monsters/sorting/speed/

Edit: I have also updated monster names, I now have English names for 700 of the monsters. Lots of those monsters are not even available yet, obviously. The names are datamined from the app.

Edit: #2 Forgot to mention I added basic rank information to every monster page. So you know how it fairs compared to all other monsters in terms of attack, health and speed. I will also be ranking all monsters in terms of bump combo, usefulness of ability and what not. But that will come later. I personally find that Tier lists don't really tell you too much. So instead I want you be able to quickly see how a monster fairs in every category.

Looking over the original tier list, why is Merlin a keepable? Looking over her stats at maxed which she is at for me doesn't seem to impressive, and I'm not a fan of her has to hit three time strike shot. Unless I'm doing something wrong?

Alucrid

Banned
nNaMAVYl.jpg

this game makes me feel uncomfortable

cw_sasuke

@Svafnir

You Sir are amazing, thanks for all the work !!

Looking over the original tier list, why is Merlin a keepable? Looking over her stats at maxed which she is at for me doesn't seem to impressive, and I'm not a fan of her has to hit three time strike shot. Unless I'm doing something wrong?

Talking about the evolved version ? She reveals further weakspots like Margarite so that the following attacks can do mayor damage. And they just announced a Ascension for Merlin in Japan - so she probably will get better in the future.

chrono01

Many thanks, Svafnir!

Now that the Normal Stages [and the Events] are starting to toss Mines and other obstacles our way [such as Void], I'm finding myself switching from running Zeus to Tini. I'm glad I pulled him. I think I'm finally starting to see the deeper complexity to this game, and I very much approve.

Svafnir

I know you just got through with replacing them but could you keep the Japanese names for monsters/skills? Helps for cross-referencing content.

It's an English database, right now I don't want to support double names for monsters. It would get confusing. You can search by monster # if you don't know the English name, and I hope that works well enough.

J0dy77

It's there any point to keeping the fodder mobs that drop in dungeons. They don't give experience and seem to just clog up space. Do I just sell them?

Also is there any reason I would want two hunter king? Or should I feed the one to the other?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Alice... up?
It's there any point to keeping the fodder mobs that drop in dungeons. They don't give experience and seem to just clog up space. Do I just sell them?

Also is there any reason I would want two hunter king? Or should I feed the one to the other?
Double uber lasers from ascend

forgrim

i just wish these ascend dungeons were longer than 2 hours. man, having to go nuts on emerald dragon for only these two hours sucks

ZeroAKA

Whoever Vecks@GAF is, you were close enough to my location that we just played a local co-op game together. Those other two were my housemates lol.

chrono01

I'd like to roll on the Hero Gatcha [for Alice], but after buying 60 Orbs just a few days ago and not getting a single 5* [out of two 10-pull], I'm hesitant. I guess I'll just save up whatever free Orbs and I can, and do a 10-pull when I reach 50 [so every few months].

Until they fix the Gatcha rate, or at least guarantee one 5* with a ten-pull during events [similar to Love Live and them guaranteeing you an SR when you do a ten draw], the odds of yourself getting nothing with spent money is too high for me to risk it.

I've actually been watching a few videos of Japanese players pulling during Gatcha events. That can be heart-breaking to watch. >_<

Vecks

Whoever Vecks@GAF is, you were close enough to my location that we just played a local co-op game together. Those other two were my housemates lol.

Ah, no wonder it was a full game. I can usually find randoms in local coop , but getting a full group is usually next to impossible.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Would be nice if the new mine quests had the daily bonus drop/stam. Don't seem to.
Margarite get. Is there any consensus on evo vs ascension?
6/4 split on JP site for EVO/ASC

I think positioning is easier on one of them by just going side to side, not sure which.

cw_sasuke

Would be nice if the new mine quests had the daily bonus drop/stam. Don't seem to.

6/4 split on JP site for EVO/ASC

I think positioning is easier on one of them by just going side to side, not sure which.

Probably the EVO version since max speed is lower.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Probably the EVO version since max speed is lower.
I don't think it's faster or slower but the fact that one of the values after +egg basically puts you in the same spot if you go left to right or something like that.

Might be mistaken here. IIRC Arthur side to side is ~3 hitboxes?

cw_sasuke

I don't think it's faster or slower but the fact that one of the values after +egg basically puts you in the same spot if you go left to right or something like that.

Hmm interesting, haven't looked to deep into the mechanism yet.

Rahk

That's about right for Arthur in my experience. Like a bit less than half the screen.

It doesn't really seem useful for me to land in the same spot though. I'd rather go up and down if I'm under an enemy to get some hits in, or go side to side to move into a better position. That's how I play with Arthur anyway.

Shouta

Since speed may make it harder to aim Marg, would it be best to not add any extra speed?

No, because more speed means you can get more bounces with her allowing her to get more damage on her own turns. Just gotta figure out how to bounce it to end where you want, really.

So I've really taken a liking to this game. Me and my girlfriend play the co-op a lot together and it's pretty fun. That being said, I have some questions about some things I don't understand.

I have Margarite, Mundus and Bountiful Kazane(sp). Is this a reasonable team for rank 27? I didn't use any re-rolls. Am I going to be able to do high end content or should I restart?

Should I rank Mundus up with evolve? I see that his ascend version is good, but is the evolve one?

Margarite just seems awful. Shes so slow and does so little damage. I find even 4 stars are better than her. What's the catch?

Margarite is a top tier support monster. Her evolved form's Strike Shot reveals all weak points on a monster.

Mundus only really gets good after ascension, but you can freely switch between evolution and ascension as long as you meet the requirements.

Keep the account.

john tv

So I've really taken a liking to this game. Me and my girlfriend play the co-op a lot together and it's pretty fun. That being said, I have some questions about some things I don't understand.

I have Margarite, Mundus and Bountiful Kazane(sp). Is this a reasonable team for rank 27? I didn't use any re-rolls. Am I going to be able to do high end content or should I restart?

Should I rank Mundus up with evolve? I see that his ascend version is good, but is the evolve one?

Margarite just seems awful. Shes so slow and does so little damage. I find even 4 stars are better than her. What's the catch?
Margarite is one of the best Hatcher monsters in the entire game. Morling her up and her Speed is fine; that much Attack + that Bump Combo = super devastating attacker. She's ideal for parking at the bottom and letting her Bump Combo tear shit up. :)

Draxal

Margarite is the best monster in the game, she's the best monster for taking out the 60 energy dungeons.

I think I'm fading on this game.

Did a 10 pull on the new gacha and got nothing - literally. All 4 star monsters of no real use.

I feel like I've seen pretty much everything -- at least, I can't really change the experience each time without spending money and hoping to luck out with a new monster to raise.

To grind out another 50 orbs will take weeks and then I might get another set of 10 useless rewards for my trouble.

I'm struggling to see the point of building another, different, team of 3, especially without any 6* possibles to raise.

Shouta

Dang, I could've used Nonno instead of Marge, since she's kinda the same type but Fire instead of Water. No more Orbs for me though ;_;

chrono01

Dang, I could've used Nonno instead of Marge, since she's kinda the same type but Fire instead of Water. No more Orbs for me though ;_;
At least Margarite will be perfect for Izanami.

On the subject of backing up your data, does anyone know if simply saving the data10.bin file to your PC is enough to save your file if anything bad happens to it? I know there's a Google+ backup option in-game now, but I don't have a Google account and, while I could easily make one, I'd rather not have to remember another email address if I don't need to. :/

Kitoro

I too am tiring of this game. I just spent 100 orbs and have nothing but trash to show for it. I've got another 50 left for the next batch, but I won't be holding my breath. (These were all free orbs; I haven't spent a dime on the game.)

Not to mention, the character designs for most of the characters in this game are so attrocious. I feel like I'm looking at the work of a high school graphic design artist for most of the 4 stars. I feel as though they let better designers create the 5 star units, even if a lot of those are just Akira Toriyama imitators.

I've had my level 100 Arthur with maxed stats since launch week, and don't care enough about my 40+ gatcha summoned garbage characters to bother working on beefing them up.

The quest structure needs work, too. An overworld map, maybe? I feel like I'm going nowhere without an end in sight by just continually clicking the top banner for the latest mind-numbing levels.

Terra Battle does a much better job with its sense of progression, and it actually requires the player to think at least a little bit.

At least this game's actually got online co-op already going for it, though, which is its saving grace.

Top Bottom