• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Strike |OT| Lucy in the Sky with Divine Sharls

marrec

Banned
Accidentally pulled a single on this machine (didn't want to cause I think these guys suck) but I got a Kali so I guess it wasn't a complete loss. Best accidental pull I've done.

marrec

Banned
Decisions decisions... apparently there is a Devil Series hatcher releasing on the 27th, but I have these Orbs burning a hole in my pocket and the Legends Series is pretty decent. The problem is that I already have Odin, Arthur, and Harley.

But I really want Zeus :(

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Decisions decisions... apparently there is a Devil Series hatcher releasing on the 27th, but I have these Orbs burning a hole in my pocket and the Legends Series is pretty decent. The problem is that I already have Odin, Arthur, and Harley.

But I really want Zeus :(

I wouldnt pull just for Zeus at this point because there are more important units when it comes to Impossible Quests. But if you really want him, thats probably the best Gacha to get him...maybe a couple pulls.

Shouta

The Devil series should have Belphagor and Satan two really strong 5 stars.

Belaphagor is the Green version of Nonno and Margarite. She has a 24000 damage one-way laser in her Evolved form but with NDW instead of NGB. her Ascension is decent too with super homing and Water Slayer (or whatever it's called). She just lacks NDW or NGB as her Null ability is Warp, lol.

Satan's Evolution has 8 shots of Super homing that do 11000 damage each. His Gauge Shot is NGB as well so he can be used in a variety of quests. His Ascension has better stats and two killer types but no NGB, NDW, or NW and the materials are somewhat difficult to get.

The other units have minor uses but are mostly jank, lol

I might do a 10 shot in this for those though I'm gonna check and see what other hatchers are left.

marrec

Banned
I wouldnt pull just for Zeus at this point because there are more important units when it comes to Impossible Quests. But if you really want him, thats probably the best Gacha to get him...maybe a couple pulls.

I did a couple pulls and got a Valkyrie and some other 4star chump.

I blame you entirely for my misfortune!

Shouta

Anything 9.0 or above in their individual ranking is ones you want really. 9.5 and 10s usually have a little more but 8.5s or 9.0s are nothing to scoff at. Additionally, rankings are still a little subjective so you get some some undervaluation or overvaluation.

For example. Margarite is considered a 10 but ultimately, she lacks instant damage becase her speed and Strike Shot don't rack up the hits without a super good Match Shot landing. So even the 10s have certain problems.

Venfayth

Clearly the Monster Striker localizers haven't kept up with how the Megaten games name the Fallen Angel Overlord.

I thought about that, but you really can't get to the point where SATAN shows up in a SMT game without putting a ton of hours into it.

Theoretically someone could install Monster Strike, beat the intro, and then see a big banner advertising SATAN

Not saying I necessarily agree with the name change, just been thinking about it.

I thought about that, but you really can't get to the point where SATAN shows up in a SMT game without putting a ton of hours into it.

Theoretically someone could install Monster Strike, beat the intro, and then see a big banner advertising SATAN

Not saying I necessarily agree with the name change, just been thinking about it.

But is a banner advertising Lucifer really much better? It may not be used as often as satan or the devil in church environments, but it's still a pretty well known term used for the same being in common language.

So what the hell, I'm doing the Wrought Iron event and the boss of it is quite...lewd. Spread legs with a shirt skirt..you know I don't mind some lewdness but when I'm launching my balls towards the boss at high speed it's quite...silly..

I kinda wish the daily login bonus replaced the 400 coins with 100 more friend points for the friend hatcher. I know the friend hatcher isn't nearly as useful as the golden hatcher, but at least you can grab some free More-monsters or exp/gold turtles, or even Striker Jr. if you're into raising him (like I am). 400 coins never really helped anyone after the first couple days.

I wonder...

Which one is better, Hunter King or Valkyrie? Valkyrie is about a 7.5 rating and Hunter King 9.0, but Valkyries base stats are higher and the evolutions stats are waaaaay higher than Hunter Kings stats. Is it really just the strike shot that makes it a 9.0?

cw_sasuke

I wonder...

Which one is better, Hunter King or Valkyrie? Valkyrie is about a 7.5 rating and Hunter King 9.0, but Valkyries base stats are higher and the evolutions stats are waaaaay higher than Hunter Kings stats. Is it really just the strike shot that makes it a 9.0?

Hunter King has a strong upward laser as bump combo thats why he is the better unit. Valk is good if you need a ndw unit, but her dmg output is quite low ( even the SS).

Every unit has situations where it outshine another, but in general you should invest in HK - since he can also be used on an upcoming Impossible quest (Yamato Takeru).

I did a couple pulls and got a Valkyrie and some other 4star chump.

I blame you entirely for my misfortune!

:)

Hunter King has a strong upward laser as bump combo thats why he is the better unit. Valk is good if you need a ndw unit, but her dmg output is quite low ( even the SS).

Every unit has situations where it outshine another, but in general you should invest in HK - since he can also be used on an upcoming Impossible quest (Yamato Takeru).

:)
You mean to tell me my Hunter King I pulled is not a crappy unit??? I thought it was so I never bothered raising it and just kept it there.

cw_sasuke

You mean to tell me my Hunter King I pulled is not a crappy unit??? I thought it was so I never bothered raising it and just kept it there.
To be fair he is kinda crappy if he isn't ascended....but yeah great pull.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I wonder...

Valk is trash. HK is good

cw_sasuke

Nah, HK Asc has a quite nice Artwork as well... Both look good. But the quality jump from evo to asc is way bigger with HK.

Right now ill probably go with evo HK..how hard is it to get the aascended materials? And Ive managed to get 2 divine sharls the past 2 days, what luck!

john tv

Lucifer just sounds better. We considered changing it after the Japan Lucifer got released (the original was decided months before that one even existed), but ultimately, she probably wouldn't be called Lucifer in English anyway, so we decided to leave it.

The names are never going to match 1:1. Some mixi asks us to change, some are changed for style, and some have to be changed because there are multiple JP monsters that have the same names with different Japanese readings. Hopefully the overall effort we put in outweighs the occasional confusion when comparing to the JP version! :)

Lucifer just sounds better. We considered changing it after the Japan Lucifer got released (the original was decided months before that one even existed), but ultimately, she probably wouldn't be called Lucifer in English anyway, so we decided to leave it.

The names are never going to match 1:1. Some mixi asks us to change, some are changed for style, and some have to be changed because there are multiple JP monsters that have the same names with different Japanese readings. Hopefully the overall effort we put in outweighs the occasional confusion when comparing to the JP version! :)
Lucifer (JP) is a woman. Why I am surprised by this.

Lucifer (JP) is a woman. Why I am surprised by this.

Hey man if I was going to Hell, a woman would make the process much easier for me to accept.

Edit-It seem starting tomorrow tomorrow there's going to be a divine sharl x5 boost since the previous boost didn't work as planned. Free orbs for everyone too.

Devilish Defenders Gacha is out! Doing a 10 pull! Oh god I really shouldn't spend money!

1.Shiva
2.Leviathan
3.Kazane
4.Lucifer!
5.Galahad
6.Leviathan
7.Belphegor!
8.Kuroda
9.Shiva
10.Asmodeus

Good pull.Happy I got Lucifer!

(Sorry for doublepost, this thread moves slow <_>)

fek

Devilish Defenders Gacha is out! Doing a 10 pull! Oh god I really shouldn't spend money!

1.Shiva
2.Leviathan
3.Kazane
4.Lucifer!
5.Galahad
6.Leviathan
7.Belphegor!
8.Kuroda
9.Shiva
10.Asmodeus

Nice
I want Belphegor but gonna resist pulling

Nice
I want Belphegor but gonna resist pulling

Yeah, I think she's going to replace my legendary Ninja Sandayu.

I think as far as spending money for pulls, this will be my last in a while. I mean, I've gotten $40 worth of enjoyment from it(I've brought 30 orbs twice) so it's uh...fair.

D E V I L I S H
E
V
I
L
I
S
H

That aside, I still need to get more 5 stars. I've been pulling pretty slowly and relying on a couple 5 star leaders to help in normal quests, but even they are getting pretty tough with my team, especially with the lack of null damage wall for the castle quests I've been doing.

On the other hand, I recently upgraded my Jupiter to her Mechanized form. I remember complaining in the Line room about getting her for her weakish stats, but the fact that she's a Piercing Shield Breaker has really been a big help, so I've learned to keep Mechanized Jupiter close by.

blackflag

1.Shiva
2.Leviathan
3.Kazane
4.Lucifer!
5.Galahad
6.Leviathan
7.Belphegor!
8.Kuroda
9.Shiva
10.Asmodeus

Damn, nice, I did 13 pulls and my only 5 star was a Merlin. I'm not sure if it is but it looks pretty good.

marrec

Banned
Damn, nice, I did 13 pulls and my only 5 star was a Merlin. I'm not sure if it is but it looks pretty good.

Merlin is decent support, but not amazing. One of the worse 5*s if you ask me. I've had her since my first 10 pull and haven't even bothered to max her out yet.

Got another Divine (thanks x5 drop rate). Last one I got I used on my Kali which turned her into Mother Kali which is amazing with someone like Odin. But now I have the choice between using this Divine on Zeus or Harley. I know I want Dark Zeus eventually, but is Evolved Zeus worth it in the meantime or should I just use it on Harley?

I suppose I could also max Valk and use it on her but that seems like a less favorable option.

Did two pulls in the new hatcher.

Got a Leviathan and then a Lucifer.

Completely content with this hatcher now. Must made up all the bad luck from previous hatchers.

Shouta

1.Shiva
2.Leviathan
3.Kazane
4.Lucifer!
5.Galahad
6.Leviathan
7.Belphegor!
8.Kuroda
9.Shiva
10.Asmodeus

You win. Belph and Lucifer are the winners in this batch and their Evos are good.

I did 14 pulls, got 5 Asmodeus. Fuck him >=|

Got shit in my ten pull. Idon'tknowwhatIexpected.gif

:( That sucks femme.

You win. Belph and Lucifer are the winners in this batch and their Evos are good.

I did 14 pulls, got 5 Asmodeus. Fuck him >=|

Belph was a nice surprise. I was gunning for Sat-I mean Lucifer, he's definitely in my main squad, and Belph will have a place as well. I feel I got lucky, considering the amount of Shivas I got.

And Asmodeus...no offense to any monsters out there but he ugly.

Got shit in my ten pull. Idon'tknowwhatIexpected.gif
D:

I got enough for a 10 pull but not feeling to lucky. Might try on my alt account and see what I get as I do need some mons there.

Seriously!!! Nothing but 4* monsters in a 10 pull ;_;
I'm just glad I didn't pull on my main account.

Top Bottom