• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Strike |OT| Lucy in the Sky with Divine Sharls

Shouta

Oh goddamn Ven. Levi destroying your 10-shot. D=

Now I feel bad for getting Belphegor on a single pull this morning >_>

On that note, I got Bel!

Also, I mysteriously got a bunch of orbs from new missions where you have to achieve X Rank. That gave me like 39 orbs and then I got another 20 for 100 days logged in. 54 Orbs ready for the next hatcher now. Too bad I'll probably get the shitty 4 star from it again. =|

On that note, I got Bel!

Also, I mysteriously got a bunch of orbs from new missions where you have to achieve X Rank. That gave me like 39 orbs and then I got another 20 for 100 days logged in. 54 Orbs ready for the next hatcher now. Too bad I'll probably get the shitty 4 star from it again. =|

Congrats. Yeah, like I said before, the new bonuses are awesome. I'm up 100+ orbs now

On that note, I got Bel!

IT'S YOUR LUCKY DAY, YOU STOLE VENS LUCK

how does it feel to be overencumbered with orbs and a Bel 8D

marrec

Banned
It's only fair after my first set of orbs resulted in me getting a 35 luck Asmodeus. >=(

"Asmodeus, do something useful for once and pull that lever you piece of shit"

*35 luck activates, nets you a Belphagor*

"YOU CAN STAY FOR NOW ASMODEUS"

I have around 80 orbs saved up. Is there a time that's better for me to blow it?

Depends if you really want something from this hatcher, Lucy or Bel.

Otherwise, we might get the Samurais Hatcher or at least have them featured in another Heroes Hatcher next and those have great units to aim for (Ryoma, Oryo).

Shouta

You could wait until we get another big mixed hatcher with rate ups for the really good units if you aren't hard-pressed for Wood or Dark. Lucy/sat and Bel are good but getting Asmo and Levi hurt. >=(

Zero_IYAD

Man, the Hatcher/REM in this game is cruel compared to PAD's!
I'm this early in the game & already got 4 of the same monster!

tumblr_nj0m8jjqx11srgzyyo1_540.jpg

Any point in keeping all 4? Should I feed 3 to 1?
Oh, & is there a point on working on Striker, Jr. or is he useless to evolve?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
smh Ven I told you not to roll
Man, the Hatcher/REM in this game is cruel compared to PAD's!
I'm this early in the game & already got 4 of the same monster!

tumblr_nj0m8jjqx11srgzyyo1_540.jpg

Any point in keeping all 4? Should I feed 3 to 1?
Oh, & is there a point on working on Striker, Jr. or is he useless to evolve?
If you are rooted and dont mind restarting i can just give you an account with like four 5*'s on it and a couple million expies.

Shouta

If you're not sure of the units when you roll them make sure to post in the LINE group or here and we'll let you know if it's a keeper or not.

Chromax

You could wait until we get another big mixed hatcher with rate ups for the really good units if you aren't hard-pressed for Wood or Dark. Lucy/sat and Bel are good but getting Asmo and Levi hurt. >=(

I did it :(

and that's mostly exactly what I got. The Asmo and Levi part. Tons of them.

Good thing I still have some left over, time to save up for that mixed hatcher.

Zero_IYAD

If you're not sure of the units when you roll them make sure to post in the LINE group or here and we'll let you know if it's a keeper or not.
That's what I'm trying to do : )

I'll put my questions here, hoping to get a response:
- Do we have a friend sheet for this game so I add some GAFers?
My ID: 375,876,946,670
- Who should I work on as my blue color member, Leviathan or Vanguard?
- Is Asmodeus any good? Same question regarding Striker, Jr.?
- Best place to hunt for Sharls of all colors/Divine Sharls at my current rank -19-?

Faiz

That's what I'm trying to do : )

I'll put my questions here, hoping to get a response:
- Do we have a friend sheet for this game so I add some GAFers?
My ID: 375,876,946,670
- Who should I work on as my blue color member, Leviathan or Vanguard?
- Is Asmodeus any good? Same question regarding Striker, Jr.?
- Best place to hunt for Sharls of all colors/Divine Sharls at my current rank -19-?

There's no sheet, and if there were it would probably include a lot of inactive players at this point. Best option is to play co-OP and add players from add player button at the end of co-op games. Friend points are whatever, but friend affinity bonuses from playing co-op with friends are where it's at.

Leviathan vs Vanguard... *shrug* both are pretty crappy. Vanguard has more attack, Leviathan gets a NGB gauge shot on evo. Neither are particular good. Probably Vanguard, I guess, you won't be taking Leviathan into any games where gravity barrier makes a significant difference anyway.

Asmodeus isn't very good, and Striker Jr can be good with a lot of time investment but I don't know anyone with a usefully raised Striker Jr yet.

You are better off farming a 90 luck drake from Mt Hotfoot than worrying overly much about raising units like Asmo/Levi/Vanguard. High luck units are absolutely invaluable when it comes to farming sharls and exp. Best to do on Tuesdays IIRC as Mt Hotfoot is double drops.

Best hunting for sharls are the dailies. There's not really a reasonable alternative.

For now just keep raising your rank and playing co-op for the affinity bonuses to get orbs so you can pull more from the gacha and hopefully get more 5 stars than can be EVO/ascended.

Zero_IYAD

There's no sheet, and if there were it would probably include a lot of inactive players at this point. Best option is to play co-OP and add players from add player button at the end of co-op games. Friend points are whatever, but friend affinity bonuses from playing co-op with friends are where it's at.

Leviathan vs Vanguard... *shrug* both are pretty crappy. Vanguard has more attack, Leviathan gets a NGB gauge shot on evo. Neither are particular good. Probably Vanguard, I guess, you won't be taking Leviathan into any games where gravity barrier makes a significant difference anyway.

Asmodeus isn't very good, and Striker Jr can be good with a lot of time investment but I don't know anyone with a usefully raised Striker Jr yet.

You are better off farming a 90 luck drake from Mt Hotfoot than worrying overly much about raising units like Asmo/Levi/Vanguard. High luck units are absolutely invaluable when it comes to farming sharls and exp. Best to do on Tuesdays IIRC as Mt Hotfoot is double drops.

Best hunting for sharls are the dailies. There's not really a reasonable alternative.

For now just keep raising your rank and playing co-op for the affinity bonuses to get orbs so you can pull more from the gacha and hopefully get more 5 stars than can be EVO/ascended.
Hmmm, seem like the Line group is a must..
Whats 'Friend Affinity Bonus'?
Could you please explain to me what's the '90 luck drake'? IIRS is?

I'll go with your advice..
Here's my Line account: Zero_IYAD
I won't be active much tho for the reasons I explained in my previous post.

I'll also stop pulling THIS event since I already got Bel, I'll wait for a better event?

Thanks for responding : )

Faiz

Hmmm, seem like the Line group is a must..
Whats 'Friend Affinity Bonus'?
Could you please explain to me what's the '90 luck drake'? IIRS is?

Honestly the game is really geared towards playing co-op, so yeah Line group is a must.

At the end of a co-op game, you gain affinity with all of the people on your group that you are friends with. A little bar fills incrementally, and when it fills completely, you get a bonus item. First reward is an orb, second is a maxpie, third is two orbs. From there on out it alternates between a maxpie and 2 orbs. The affinity meter will reset the day after you fill it.

Regarding Luck: At the end of a co-op match each person in the group has a chance to gain an extra reward for the entire group based on the luck of their lead monster they are using in that game. 5 star units cap out at 90 luck, which means you have a 90% chance of getting an extra reward. Luck is increased by fusing together units in the same evolution chain. Red smydras can be farmed from Mt Hotfoot and continually fused together and evolved to eventually get the 5 star Wrathful Jabbanero, which caps at 90 luck. This is what you will commonly see referred to as a luck drake. The same can be done with other smydras, but the stages where you would farm them come later, so most people have Red drakes.

you'll sometimes see people with 6 star units that have "Max Luck" (this means 99 luck). These units guarantee two extra reward chests at the end of a game.

IIRC - http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=iirc&utm_source=search-action

Zero_IYAD

^
Oh, Red smydra is the Red starter!
So what I get is: farming one of the 3 starters over & over & feeding them to 1 -despite it's evo stage- will keep increasing it's luck till it caps at 90%.. That should increase lucky drops which include Sharls.

Now do I have to lead with it or as long as it's a team member of the 3 I'll get the bonus anyway?

Hope someone adds me to the Line group.. Zero_IYAD is my user ID.

Faiz

^
Oh, Red smydra is the Red starter!
So what I get is: farming one of the 3 starters over & over & feeding them to 1 -despite it's evo stage- will keep increasing it's luck till it caps at 90%.. That should increase lucky drops which include Sharls.

Now do I have to lead with it or as long as it's a team member of the 3 I'll get the bonus anyway?

Hope someone adds me to the Line group.. Zero_IYAD is my user ID.

You have to lead with it. Only the luck of your lead monster counts. In co-OP the lead monster of each player counts.

No one needs to add you to the line group, you just join it using the link in the OP.

Zero_IYAD

^
Thanks for all the info : )
Just joined the group & went on my 1st Co-op game, & it was great fun!

Co-op doesn't subtract stamina?!

tief_blau

Neo Member
Do old monsters ever get tweaked (excluding changes made by ascensions)? New/different stats, abilities, adding an ascension when the monster didn't have one, etc.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Do old monsters ever get tweaked (excluding changes made by ascensions)? New/different stats, abilities, adding an ascension when the monster didn't have one, etc.
Yeah, there are a bunch of units that didn't had Ascensions when the game launched and got them later through game updates.

Whoo I got astaroth! That leaves 2 more monsters for ascended Lucifer.

Although...hrm, which one is better? Ascended Luci has raw power, but the trade off of speed makes him almost equal to Evolved Luci, I feel.

Faiz

All those Izanami runs coming and not a single one in the 2-4pm slot. I can sometimes make the 8-10's, never the 10-12 or 12-2... But I can almost always make the 2-4s :(.

forgrim

Did 5 ten pulls in the first event got zero samurais.

On my 3rd ten pull this hatcher, I pull two oryos. #worth.

I also pulled the light monstriker so my first minesweeper. Still have one more ten pull worth of orbs but wondering if worth to try for ryoma still or wait for marg napo hatcher again

Cels

Hey, Strikers!

A lot of you may already know the answer, but hey, help out the players who don't!

75 correct answers and all Strikers will receive 1 Maxpie and 2 Expie Vouchers. 100 correct answers and we'll give another Maxpie and 2 more Vouchers, for a total of 2 Maxpies and 4 Expie Vouchers!

Upper left: Expie
Lower left: Deluxpie
Upper right: Nexpie
Lower right: Maxpie

Bonus question: How much experience does each Expie give? Wow us with your knowledge!

Answers will be tallied at the end of Feb. 5th (EST)!

https://www.facebook.com/monsterstr...9523463814259/593334407433164/?type=1&theater

Venfayth

Buying orbs to pop for stamina actually feels quite a bit more impactful when you're doing it to farm like this, as opposed to spending them to pull 10 John Manjiro's out of the hatcher.

Congrats! Wish I could have devoted more time to it. I only ended up with 26 but it's a good start.

Grats! I'm up to 49 myself. Not bad, hope they do another one soon -- was only able to go for like 2 hours in total.

Shouta

What the heck did you max Ven? lol

Half-Stamina on the Tread Lightly dungeons in Single-player for the next week or so. Those drop a lot of Morlings and even the X versions so if you're having a hard time maxing your attack on your 6-stars, now is the time to do it. You get like 9-10 mors per run usually though sometimes less.

I peeked into the JP version and they're doing a TMNT collaboration event right now. Too bad we won't get that. =(

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
pfft everyone has tons of maxed monsters with hp now

BACK IN MY DAY WE USED WHAT WE HAD

Haha true...yesterday was funny when every party had Godstriker and Co. making Dark Wyrm a joke. I remember the first weeks where i had to struggle to get the couple units to Asc Zeus lol. Fire Wyrm was even worse...thank god i only need 1-2 units for Odin.

Shouta

Deathscoil is a pretty good support unit. Great attack, OK-ish speed,, NGB and an Explosion bump combo. He's good when mixed with other units that are built for specific maps. He's not the best of the best but for a free unit and one that can be farmed for max luck, he's pretty damn good.

Top Bottom