• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Strike |OT| Lucy in the Sky with Divine Sharls

Well, at least Kushinada, Gigamantis and Tengu can clear any current blue quest
I want a good null damage wall fire drop monster. Hydra stats are too low

We'll probably get Tokugawa Yoshimune at New Years lol

Or maybe Gargoyle will come out by then

That's why I really wanted Cherry Winger, maybe will try again next time she's featured

I've got a Devil Winger with a Sidekick Fruit. 26000 damage Up Laser is dabes, lol

I have a Devil Winger, she is awesome as fuck. Like a fire version of Belphegor. I also got her an S rank Bias Kinstrength, meaning that my team of Belph(Or Kenshin) and Lucifer get 1000 extra attack. So good.

M0876

Neo Member
Just started playing a few days ago and so far it seems I'll be playing this game for a while.
Is there some setting I need to set in order to join line groups? The ones I click on by link all seem to give a message saying it does not allow invites via links or QR codes.

forgrim

Sorry we had to lock invites cuz of troll clowns who mass kicked ppl in the room. Hopefully someone can invite u and get u in

M0876

Neo Member
Sorry we had to lock invites cuz of troll clowns who mass kicked ppl in the room. Hopefully someone can invite u and get u in

That's understandable, from what I've gathered many links that get posted on forums and reddit, even the ones only a few hours old seem to no longer exist or become locked.

An invite would be awesome, I mainly lurk on these forums so I don't have much post history but I can provide IDs for Puzzle and Dragons and this game.

PAD ID (MW@PF): 329764233
MStrike ID (MW): 461265767299
Line ID: mwwid

fek

Asc Harley looks really cool
96dpkts.png

fek

If anyone was saving friend points, this is probably the best time to use it. Olde Deluxpie Jr. gives +50 hp, +50 atk and +1.70 spd and hypermaxes at 2510 for hp, 2850 for atk, and 50.66 for spd, meaning you can fuse them around like morlings for mega fusions and then fuse it to a monster of your choice for an easy hypermax.
I'm getting about 3 of these guys for every 1000 friend points

wilflare

I see this game on TV here in Taiwan (here for a holiday)

is the game going up on the Singapore Play Store and App Store any time soon?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Izanagi is tough...but fun
3AQmK.gif

Lets see if i can clear the stage the next time.

PS: Here the Promo Code for the Keybearer Deluxepie ---> 734538594733304

Is the Ancient Smydra any good? Like, any good to spend 2 divine sharls on?

Also, I'm at 99 orbs. I wanna save them. But that space is ramping up~ All dem turtles.

CommonWriter

UncommonlyGoodListener
Just in case anybody didn't know, since some peeps in the Line group didn't know. The turtles you can get from the friend hatcher used for the Smydra event (Ye Olde Deluxpie, Jr.) also act like morlings, so spending some friend points to stock up for the next megafuse is actually a good idea. These turtles max at 2.3HP, 2.7Attack, and 55~ speed.

Okay I finally remembered to update the OP while not on mobile, now there's just a link to some tier list I pulled off of Google for rerolling plus I took out the LINE QR code stuff

The Symldra isn't super good but it can be useful for certain quests like Izanami or so apparently.

Gotcha.

New hatcher just has repeated monsters. i've also been doing alot of uh, catalyst dungeons for that divine sharl chance.

Edit:2 found so far! Haha! Take that Jesus!

tief_blau

Neo Member
For anyone that knows anything about jp ms, can regular origa can be used to increase luck on santa origa? Might try to get some of her if this is the case.

fek

For anyone that knows anything about jp ms, can regular origa can be used to increase luck on santa origa? Might try to get some of her if this is the case.
Not possible, Santa Oruga is Origa's sister and considered a different monster completely, unlike X versions monsters

Strain

So, Japan got Queen Buterflight RD and Deathscoil RD as far as I can tell they're just different sprites, can anyone point out what I'm missing?

So, Japan got Queen Buterflight RD and Deathscoil RD as far as I can tell they're just different sprites, can anyone point out what I'm missing?

From what I saw on Gamewith, they come evolved so you don't need to use up divines for them.

Their stats are also slightly different too. A few hundred points difference but that's about it.

Shouta

They're basically versions of the units aimed at new players because they come out as 6 Stars and don't require Divines or Mats to upgrade. They also combine with the normal Queen Butterfly for Luck and you can get a bunch of RDs in the Dream Hatcher making them ideal luck monsters.

scottnak

The RD versions are the art used for the "Real Disk" game. A bunch of characters got re-designs for that game so, it's just a way to pick and choose which art-style you like better... since as Shouta said the luck will transfer over.

cw_sasuke

Playing MS again its really great to see how mixi keeps improving the game - it feels so much better than a couple of months ago.

- seems like they are running more events and promotions
- way more "useful" units than before with old classics getting new Ascenions and/or Ableberry support. Units like Merlin or Eclipse who used to be more or less useless are now the optimal choice for a bunch of quests.
- Official site improved quite a bit as well http://us.monster-strike.com/
way more information with hands-on videos, redesigned schedule, Hazards etc.

The core gameplay is as good as ever and its nice to see that there are a bunch of core players sticking around....so you are not lost if you take a break and decide to come back.

I havent rolled in a while so i cant say if the 5* rate is as bad as it used to be - i know that for many people - myself included - this was one of the worst parts of the game. It might still be the case, but at the same time the farmable units are getting better as well....their SS shots might not always be "gamechangers" like the ones you have on Napoleon or Ryoma, but there are always a couple of farm able alternatives.

So yeah, dont know how well the game has been doing lately - but it seems like the core fanbase is still satisfied with the game....now they have to find more ways to spread the love
wtzgU.gif

An EU version as well as the upcoming 3DS/Anime adaptation might help in the future.

PS. I wanna try Yamato later....hope some of you guys will be around to assist
3AQmK.gif

cw_sasuke

Gave Yamato my first shot today and solo cleared it in my 2nd attempt. Was looking for Gaffers to carry me in coop first but there wasn't much going on in the chat so I started alone.

Failed on stage 2 the first time because failed to kill those blue Devils in time. On my 2md attempt I cruised through the whole Dungeon and got the drop.

quickmemo_2015-05-31-r7rww.png

My team:
Hunter King Asc, Kushi, Mustang and Friend Oryo.

Everyone of them was useful, Hunter King and his laser are very strong if you can position yourself below Yamato. Same goes for Oryo Ss in combination with Kushi.

Let's hope for Izanagi now....

Nice job! I lack the green units to take on Yamato, but I hope to get him one day. Supposedly his dungeon is harder than Izanagi, but I wouldn't know, haha.

Gave Yamato my first shot today and solo cleared it in my 2nd attempt. Was looking for Gaffers to carry me in coop first but there wasn't much going on in the chat so I started alone.

Failed on stage 2 the first time because failed to kill those blue Devils in time. On my 2md attempt I cruised through the whole Dungeon and got the drop.

quickmemo_2015-05-31-r7rww.png

My team:
Hunter King Asc, Kushi, Mustang and Friend Oryo.

Everyone of them was useful, Hunter King and his laser are very strong if you can position yourself below Yamato. Same goes for Oryo Ss in combination with Kushi.

Let's hope for Izanagi now....

Grats! I should max out my HKs attack..

Also alot more events-
http://us.monster-strike.com/news/striker_tribune_61_614.html

Also Gold Hatchers coming in!

cw_sasuke

Nice job! I lack the green units to take on Yamato, but I hope to get him one day. Supposedly his dungeon is harder than Izanagi, but I wouldn't know, haha.

Heh....you could still try out coop with the other guys providing the useful gacha units - do you have Kushi ? Just have to set up a time for everyone to play, which can be difficult sometimes like ion my case.

Grats! I should max out my HKs attack..

Also alot more events-
http://us.monster-strike.com/news/striker_tribune_61_614.html

Also Gold Hatchers coming in!

Thanks and sweet finally something to do with out Gold. Looking forward to spending some cash for Mormite Kings...hope they arent too rare.

chrono01

Heh....you could still try out coop with the other guys providing the useful gacha units - do you have Kushi ? Just have to set up a time for everyone to play, which can be difficult sometimes like ion my case.
Yeah, that's what I found too. If these events were available the entire day it wouldn't be so bad, but for me it was usually at a time that wasn't convenient for me [to run with others] so I stopped playing as much as I did in the past. I picked it back up around a week ago and am playing more, now that a lot of the earlier monsters have received evolutions. I'm trying to build up my teams as best as I can now. It helps that I'm sitting on 200+ Magic Orbs, but I doubt the gatcha rate has improved since my absence. :(

I used all of my FP to pull numerous Ye Olde Deluxpie Jr. I'm sitting on 25 that are fully hyper-max'd, so I think I'm good on stat-boosting materials for a while [considering each one gives +2510 to ATK, +2850 to HP, and +50.66 to SPD].

This Smydra event, though. I'm trying to get a Golden Pickaxe Deluxpie, but the event isn't being kind. I'm not even getting Silver Pickaxe Deluxpie at a good rate. I'm only up to 57 luck and, considering the event ends today and I need 75 to evolve the Smydra, I doubt I'll make it [especially considering the dungeon costs 25 stamina]. I really hope it returns again later on, otherwise all of the farming I've done would have been for nothing...

Have you been getting the login rewards? If I recall correctly they've been giving out 3-Luck and 5-Luck Silver Pickaxes everyday.

Yeah I have Kushinada. I was kicked out of the LINE group because of inactivity (which was fair), and my friends don't play the game anymore, so I don't really do Co-Op. I was only able to get Kushinada because I begged them to play it with me one more time, haha.

chrono01

Have you been getting the login rewards? If I recall correctly they've been giving out 3-Luck and 5-Luck Silver Pickaxes everyday.
Yeah, that's why he's at around 57 luck. If it weren't for that...sad times. :(

And I think it's one three-luck and an Orb each day. At least, if my memory is correct.

cw_sasuke

Well...first pull after hiatus xD

quickmemo_2015-06-01-haul3.png

Also after being able to spend Friendpoints we now have use for Gold as well - got a couple of these as well.

quickmemo_2015-06-01-x0uxb.png

Yeah, that's what I found too. If these events were available the entire day it wouldn't be so bad, but for me it was usually at a time that wasn't convenient for me [to run with others] so I stopped playing as much as I did in the past. I picked it back up around a week ago and am playing more, now that a lot of the earlier monsters have received evolutions. I'm trying to build up my teams as best as I can now. It helps that I'm sitting on 200+ Magic Orbs, but I doubt the gatcha rate has improved since my absence. :(

I used all of my FP to pull numerous Ye Olde Deluxpie Jr. I'm sitting on 25 that are fully hyper-max'd, so I think I'm good on stat-boosting materials for a while [considering each one gives +2510 to ATK, +2850 to HP, and +50.66 to SPD].

This Smydra event, though. I'm trying to get a Golden Pickaxe Deluxpie, but the event isn't being kind. I'm not even getting Silver Pickaxe Deluxpie at a good rate. I'm only up to 57 luck and, considering the event ends today and I need 75 to evolve the Smydra, I doubt I'll make it [especially considering the dungeon costs 25 stamina]. I really hope it returns again later on, otherwise all of the farming I've done would have been for nothing...

Great to hear that you are getting back on the playing field xD
Timing was/is also an issue that limit my coop playtime a bit because of different time zones when most Gaffers from the US. But i try to focus on the important stuff and get the good farmable from now on....will have to try again for Izanagi soon. How far along are you with the "Impossible" bosses ? I know that you got Izanami back then...

PS. I hope the Smydra event comes back, i got enough to evolve her/him but it would suck for other people who barely missed the deadline.
Yeah I have Kushinada. I was kicked out of the LINE group because of inactivity (which was fair), and my friends don't play the game anymore, so I don't really do Co-Op. I was only able to get Kushinada because I begged them to play it with me one more time, haha.

You need to come back bro - i think the times were people get kicked because of inactivity are longer over xD Enough people looking for coop partners from time to time and the GAF community is one of the few consistent groups. I was gone for weeks and jumped right back in.

forgrim

We had one culling a couple months ago, the most recent kickings were due to a troll getting into our group and kicking everyone. Therefore why the channel is locked but rejoin and get an invite for sure. Ppl make this game fun haha

chrono01

Great to hear that you are getting back on the playing field xD
Timing was/is also an issue that limit my coop playtime a bit because of different time zones when most Gaffers from the US. But i try to focus on the important stuff and get the good farmable from now on....will have to try again for Izanagi soon. How far along are you with the "Impossible" bosses ? I know that you got Izanami back then...
Yeah, I hope the Smydra event returns too. I'm so close! I'll keep the evolution materials in my Monster Box just in-case...

As for Impossible bosses, Izanami is the only one. I know I'm behind in a lot of aspects, but I'll catch up eventually! I'm just waiting for a "MUST HAVE" gatcha to come along so I can spend some of these Orbs. :/

We had one culling a couple months ago, the most recent kickings were due to a troll getting into our group and kicking everyone. Therefore why the channel is locked but rejoin and get an invite for sure. Ppl make this game fun haha
It depresses me how someone would go out of their way to inconvenience so many others.

But more security is never a bad thing! I assume we have a super-secret handshake too?

The update thingy says that they are planning to bring back the Smydra event and are also trying to plan how to make it so that people can max luck it too so yeah, saving those materials might be a good idea

Top Bottom