• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Montana US House Special Election Thread [GOP Hold]

The Adder

Banned
Y'all are paying attention to the wrong numbers. You should be looking at Trump's margins vs Hillary compared to Wannabe Goldberg's margins vs Quist.

SURGEdude

Not a good start. At least in my mind I can hold some hope that if the absentee voting wasn't so huge maybe things would have gone a different way.

If he pulls this off the Republicans are gonna trumpet it as a show of support for Trump and them, and if the media swallows it even a little then Georgia could likely end up another loss.

Nobody ever lost a bet betting against an informed American electorate in Republican dominated states.

royalan

The problem is that the Quist favorable precincts are the ones reporting in. Quist is barely ahead and all the rural areas still have yet to report.

If Quist loses by double digits, then democrats need to stop trying to appeal to rural voters ever.

Tide.

I know how hard it was for you to type this.

Y'all are paying attention to the wrong numbers. You should be looking at Trump's margins vs Hillary compared to Wannabe Goldberg's margins vs Quist.

This is the worst part about being a democrat it's always optics, % of loss and being blue balled every election hoping for a win next time. Meanwhile the Rs just win.

The Adder

Banned
This is the worst part about being a democrat it's always optics and % being blue balled every election and always hoping it's next time. Meanwhile the Rs just win.

Couldn't roll my eyes harder.

This is like being a Republican and complaining about always losing in a solid blue district.

This is a state that went hard for Trump. If they go soft for The Next WWE Champion, that means a lot.

ezrarh

What? Are you saying they are exaggerating that Republicans are going to lose or win?

I just meant that the assault on a reporter won't be enough to change Republican voters' mind. There's too large of a GOP advantage in Montana. I don't think it's just Trump, any Republican can probably shoot someone and they'll retain their core supporters. Maybe you'll get independents to not come out or vote Dem but the core base is rotten and won't change.

Pretty much what I expected, Georgia's special election and 2018 will be the same.

We don't even have the margins yet

If this is a 5 point loss for the Democrat, Georgia we will win and 2018 will be amazing years for Democrats. Ossoff is also a better candidate than cowboy hat dude.

This is a heavy R seat Democrats had no real chance of winning. By the very fact that we're actually paying attention to this race and there's a chance it'll be close is good news. This seat isn't supposed to even be a toss up at all.

I bet you thought the traitor would be President too, I mean, all the numbers said so.

The 2016 numbers were accurate! In fact, more correct than they were in 2012!

Edit: Wait, are you calling Clinton the traitor?

CrazyDude

It's weird your cynicism can time travel. Almost like it isn't based on reason.

People on here have been saying the same thing since the 2016 election, and yet you guys are always wrong. "Demographics have changed, no way that Trump wins the election." It sounds like same arguments.

Tide.

I know how hard it was for you to type this.

I'm gonna wait for the results, but I mean it if Quist loses by double digits. Just focus on turning the suburban areas into urban voters.

Yeah we should stop trying to convince the white rural voters, we clearly don't need them right guys? /s

If Quist loses by double digits, then yes, WE DONT need rural white voters if we can turn suburban areas into democratic voters.

SURGEdude

Yeah we should stop trying to convince the white rural voters, we clearly don't need them right guys? /s

I think it's a matter of resources. You can spend less by just bringing out the base and depressing turnout by the opposition through proper framing with a good candidate then trying to unbrainwash the average Fox viewer. If that's even possible at this point.

You target the middle, focus on base turnout, and demotivate the opposition.

Couldn't roll my eyes harder.

This is like being a Republican and complaining about always losing in a solid blue district.

This is a state that went hard for Trump. If they go soft for The Next WWE Champion, that means a lot.

I know I'm being ridiculous ok. I just want the good guys to win.

No. I wouldn't vote for the other guy either. Guys like that shouldn't be in office, regardless of what side of the aisle they're on.

That's a nice moral stand, but ultimately counter-productive to your own interests.

Can't blame you for thinking that way, but I'll go ahead and put myself out there and say it's the wrong decision.

Conservatives in Montana probably feel the same way I do about this Republican candidate.

Well if they're not going to vote against the guy who committed assault with multiple witnesses in the room...

To be fair, many of those votes were placed before any of this happened (as in something like half or more of the ballots in this election were submitted early).

Blader

People on here have been saying the same thing since the 2016 election, and yet you guys are always wrong. "Demographics have changed, no way that Trump wins the election." It sounds like same arguments.

That was one election cycle, six months ago. Seems like a flimsy standard for "always wrong."

I don't think anyone is using demographics to argue chances of unseating Republicans in special elections, either.

The Adder

Banned
That's a nice moral stand, but ultimately counter-productive to your own interests.

Can't blame you for thinking that way, but I'll go ahead and put myself out there and say it's the wrong decision.

Conservatives in Montana probably feel the same way I do about this Republican candidate.

So it's a lost cause pursuing their votes? Glad you agree!

Top Bottom