• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mr. Robot |OT| Byte Club - a new hacker thriller - Wednesdays on USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

UrbanRats

Ok, i'm caught up with ep.8.
Can't say the final revelation was too mind blowing, but i wasn't expecting the sister thing, so there's that.

More importantly, i sort of find interesting where they've gone with the Tyrell Wellick character.
They introduced him as the other side of the coin (just as good hacker, but still fish out of water in society, even though in different ways) compared to Elliot, so i thought he was going to be some sort of main antagonist, but instead he is basically his own thing, and his own worst enemy.
He barely interacted with Elliot after the bathroom scene, save for that moment talking with Mr Robot in the car.

I liked how very little control he actually has over pretty much anything in his life.

Braaahs, I just watched episode 6....
MVrKohO.png

Nibel

Watched episode 1 two days ago, was shocked by its quality and binge-watched the rest today. Excellent show.

Don't look unless you've seen all eight episodes

http://imgur.com/a/xpLNw

This was my theory as well; just as I watched episode 2 I thought Mr.Robot is either Elliot or doesn't exist since in a ton of scenes people pay him 0 attention for someone who's supposed to be the leader.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Just realized that the ballet scene should have seemed really weird, but for some reason I just accepted that they were friends somehow. Makes a whole lot more sense now.

Just realized that the ballet scene should have seemed really weird, but for some reason I just accepted that they were friends somehow. Makes a whole lot more sense now.
Yeah watching it I was like "wtf?" When did this friendship happen. But it all makes sense now

Link

The Autumn Wind
Something the #TeamReal side needs to acknowledge:

Why did Darlene say "we did it" instead of "we did it! you, me, and dad".

What I mean is, she would have mentioned or given credit to her Dad.
I believe he's really dead and there's a Fight Club situation going on, but that's not a great argument. Elliot would know Darlene is including everyone involved when she says "we." Is she supposed to name off all the other members of fsociety too?

Link

The Autumn Wind
Wait? So did Elliot
really get pushed off that bridge earlier?
Just because Mr. Robot was a real person doesn't change the fact that he's still in Elliot's head. He's just being manifested as someone subconsciously familiar.

chefbags

Tomorrow is going to be some fantastic stuff. Can't wait. I've rewatched all 8 episodes again just to prepare for the madness.

This is my new breaking bad.

liezryou

I thought this was a decent series and now i just finished episode 8.

Holy shit a show has not had me in WTF mode so hard since the red wedding.

I can't believe it hasn't picked up popularity yet.

Obviously to induce labor.

I would have just faked it and poured some water on the floor.

Then they rush you to the hospital and see that your water is still intact...now the police are even more suspicious. Tyrell's wife did the only move that would get them out of their current situation.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Then they rush you to the hospital and see that your water is still intact...now the police are even more suspicious. Tyrell's wife did the only move that would get them out of their current situation.

Gotta bank on the doctors no noticing she stabbed herself.

Chances are the cops will just say catch you later, they're not gonna follow the ambulance, question the admitting attendants, watch the birth, etc. It was the evening and they're on the clock and they figure they have tabs on Tyrell anyway. There's nothing to suggest they view Tyrell as a serious suspect anyway.

Film as well.

War Games and Sneakers were pretty clever

Gotta bank on the doctors no noticing she stabbed herself.

Chances are the cops will just say catch you later, they're not gonna follow the ambulance, question the admitting attendants, watch the birth, etc. It was the evening and they're on the clock and they figure they have tabs on Tyrell anyway. There's nothing to suggest they view Tyrell as a serious suspect anyway.

Other than him dodging the police when they came around the first time, which is why they were at his house so late :p

I don't know how far they'll go with medical accuracy, but you can usually tell if labor was induced artificially by rupturing the membranes.

And the police will most likely never be privy to that information.

Where as throwing water on the ground only to find out the wife won't deliver for another like week/month is recipe for disaster.

I usually don't watch shows on USA, so was surprised how high quality it was. A few episodes in I was astonished. Love this show so far

I usually don't watch shows on USA, so was surprised how high quality it was. A few episodes in I was astonished. Love this show so far

Said everyone I know. I mean I've NEVER watched a show on USA. Ever. But this and Colony are making me think we may have another AMC on our hands.

I'm sure there's good show on USA, and would like to try them. Just haven't had the same amount of recommendations I've had for this show, or the same hype.

Sorry for the thread derailment

USA over the last 13 has had at least one scripted TV series I've watched and I could go back further as there were others over the years but I'm just counting on a consistent basis there were several in the 90s as well, most of them were either comedy or Sci-Fi though and not anything like Mr.Robot.

Siegcram

And the police will most likely never be privy to that information.

Whereas throwing water on the ground only to find out the wife won't deliver for another like week/month is recipe for disaster.
Wouldn't be the first time the principle of confidentiality falters in the face of some stern-looking cops.

But Joanna certainly did make the best play she could in that situation. It's just also a very risky one. I'm still very much intrigued to see where this Wellick trainwreck is heading.

-griffy-

Banned
USA over the last 13 has had at least one scripted TV series I've watched and I could go back further as there were others over the years but I'm just counting on a consistent basis there were several in the 90s as well, most of them were either comedy or Sci-Fi though and not anything like Mr.Robot.

USA has, for awhile now, pretty consistently had some decent to pretty good shows. Stuff I would describe as completely pleasant and inoffensive, generally entertaining. Stuff like Monk, Burn Notice, Psych, White Collar, Royal Pains, etc. They are shows that are often times very fun, where the execution is often somewhat average but they feature good casts playing fun characters doing fun things. They are comfort shows. They don't reach beyond that. I've enjoyed watching many of them.

Mr. Robot is definitely something different for the network. It is simply conceived and executed on a different level than any other show I can think of on USA, and frankly most shows on any other channel as well.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Holy shit. That Mr. Robot reveal. I didn't see that coming.

Said everyone I know. I mean I've NEVER watched a show on USA. Ever. But this and Colony are making me think we may have another AMC on our hands.

Monk.
Psych.
Burn Notice.
Suits.
White Collar.

All decent television if you're looking to be entertained.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom