• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mr. Robot |OT| Byte Club - a new hacker thriller - Wednesdays on USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindlog

Damn, Malek.
XxTzOBP.gif

Show is still very fun.

Mindlog

Turning the audience into a character was the perfect way to handle this plot line. It was an obvious possibility handled about as well as we could have hoped. Very happy with how it went down.

-griffy-

Banned
The reason this works so damn well is because the twist/reveal to the audience that Mr. Robot is dead isn't the big deal, it's Elliot's realization and reaction that is. And Malek's performance sells it hard.

Mindlog

This music is hilarious. Perfect choice.
The next chapter begins.

I never thought I could refer to a show as being so far up its own ass as a compliment.

No one else caught the Marcellus line/call back?

It was the final nail in it for me. Quoting Pulp Fiction without even really realizing it. More than the manifestation of it we've seen throughout the series, it was a tangible vision of how his father is always with him. (Also, holy shit, remember when those big ads actually had theaters and times in them???)

Truly artfully constructed and executed. You could almost see the echo of the two of them in the theater at the moment of that line in the movie. Totally perfect.

TripOpt55

Another excellent episode of television. The way they handled Elliot reaching this revelation was superb. I wondered early on if the big twist with Mr. Robot being so obvious would make its reveal come across flat, but it doesn't. Not only because it focuses on Elliot figuring it out and not us, but they managed to pull off the great twist with Darlene a week ago in such a perfect fashion. I'm really excited to see where this show goes next.

Future

For a second I thought they were going to pull a team real.

My guess is mr robot comes back to help him out of a scrape next ep.

Seesaw15

Did anyone else not buy the Angela character this episode? I don't know if she had a relevant degree that we weren't told about or if it was just white privilege but why did she look surprised that she didn't get a job at that law firm? I could understand asking for an internship but an actual job. Gurl please.

Stoze

The writers did a great job with the reveal imo. They could've spent a long ass scene juicing us up for the reveal with just him and Mr. Robot and then flashed back to all the times Elliot was Mr.Robot and shown him in his place, but they decided to actually give the viewer the benefit of the doubt and know that we have a brain. The two lines that went something like "I guess you probably knew it all along. I'm Mr. Robot" was all that was needed.

Great touch with the Pixies tribute as well.

I'm guessing that Tyrell will use Elliot to hack himself back into a higher position at Ecorp or another company, and maybe even frame the CTO or something.

Duesy

The writers did a great job with the reveal imo. They could've spent a long ass scene juicing us up for the reveal with just him and Mr. Robot and then flashed back to all the times Elliot was Mr.Robot and shown him in his place, but they decided to actually give the viewer the benefit of the doubt and know that we have a brain. The two lines that went something like "I guess you probably knew it all along. I'm Mr. Robot" was all that was needed.

Great touch with the Pixies tribute as well.

I'm guessing that Tyrell will use Elliot to hack himself back into a higher position at Ecorp or another company, and maybe even frame the CTO or something.

I'm expecting that Tyrell will definitely want to see the fall of E-corp after all they have done to wrong him; however, I do agree that it may lead to him either assuming head of the company or another through the downfall.

Perhaps him gathering information on Elliot's operation is just a way for him to save his job and the company but the previews for the next episode make me think the hack will still happen.

Avinexus

Yeah, people were worried the whole time about it just being Fight Club. I loved that they used Where Is My Mind for the ending song, just going full homage status.

Also, is there still a gun in that popcorn machine?

Tamanon

Banned
So damn good. Malek was killing' it this episode. Interesting that he still protected whoever is in FSociety. Tyrell's wife is cold-blooded, definitely pushing him way over the edge.

rexor0717

Man, this show is amazing. Really great stuff. I know some people don't really get the point of Tyrell, and neither do I yet, but I still find him very entertaining. When he's first introduced, you think he's Mr.Got-Shit-On-Lock but it turns out he is anything but calm and collected. Seeing his facade crumble week to week has been great. I'd actually like for his character to just be there for a while, even if we don't get firm rooting in the season finale.

Excellent. Assuming the finale sticks the landing, and I have no reason to think it won't, this will easily make my top 10 of 2015.

I know we've all said it a million times, but I still can't believe this is on USA.

Tyrell's wife gives no fucks about dude lol.

Neither did I tbh until things no longer went his way, his downward spiral made his scenes more tolerable imo. Prior to that he was just dollar store american psycho

Another good episode, I wonder where christian slater will fit in with the rest of the series tho. Now that it's all out will they lose him or what? Would be sad to see him go tbh, but the curtains being raised kind of takes away from the mystique of him too.

I didn't love it but I can't really be mad at the show for going where I expected when it did it so artfully. I'm glad to see so many people commenting on the piano cover of "Where is my Mind," too. Great artists steal.

I ordered an fsociety t-shirt this afternoon which I will wear proudly, assuming it arrives on time, next Wednesday. Long live Mr. Robot. I can't wait to see how much more human than human the pairing of Tyrell and Elliot is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom