• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mr. Robot |OT| Byte Club - a new hacker thriller - Wednesdays on USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
This last episode freaked me out a bit because I thought it was obvious Elliot was delusional after the last episode, but they kept going with Mr. Robot is real for an entire episode and I thought they were going to make me eat crow at the end.

But nah, they're just making sure people understand he's not real.

I'm confused. I missed bits here and there. So Christian Slater isn't real again?

I'm confused. I missed bits here and there. So Christian Slater isn't real again?

If he is not real, how is Slater's character in solo scenes with other characters who are not elliot alone in a room. Is that Elliot itself just playing his alter ego?

There is a scene where Slater's character is interacting alone in a room with Romero who is growing weed in a room. Who is Romero then talking to?

Didn't a number of people interact with him though? When Elliot wasn't around?

I feel I missed something. I need to rewatch the episode.

If he is not real, how is Slater's character in solo scenes with other characters who are not elliot alone in a room. Is that Elliot itself just playing his alter ego?

There is a scene where Slater's character is interacting alone in a room with Romero who is growing weed in a room. Who is Romero then talking to?

Guys, guys.

The viewer (us) see Mr. Robot (Slater), the people within the world see Elliot. They've only ever been talking to Elliot. Mr. Robot (Christian Slater) was never real at any point, he's just Elliot's secondary personality who's mannerisms were that of his father. Elliot's father died 20 years ago.

When Romero was talking to Mr. Robot from our perspective, he only ever saw Elliot.
When we saw Mr. Robot was addressing the room at Fsociety, everyone else simply saw Elliot.
When we saw Mr. Robot and Elliot at the bar getting Appletinis, the bartender only saw Elliot.

msv

Maybe only Darlene is real. because she is the only one who other characters talk to while Elliot himself is in the room.
He? They all talk to each other all the time don't they? When they steal the car, when elliot is going cold turkey. Darlene with the girl going out and everything.

Didn't a number of people interact with him though? When Elliot wasn't around?

I feel I missed something. I need to rewatch the episode.

Have you guys never watched Fight Club?

That was all Elliot. That's why he can't remember starting fsociety I assume, since he was being Mr. Robot.

Guys, guys.

The viewer (us) see Mr. Robot (Slater), the people within the world see Elliot. They've only ever been talking to Elliot. Mr. Robot (Christian Slater) was never real at any point, he's just Elliot's secondary personality who's mannerisms were that of his father. Elliot's father died 20 years ago.

When Romero was talking to Mr. Robot from our perspective, he only ever saw Elliot.
When we saw Mr. Robot was addressing the room at Fsociety, everyone else simply saw Elliot.
When we saw Mr. Robot and Elliot at the bar getting Appletinis, the bartender only saw Elliot.

The question is if those people are also imaginary. Other scenario is that the very real characters were interacting with Elliot all along.

Okay. It makes sense now. It's basically Fight Club redux.

Have you guys never watched Fight Club?

Yeah, I didn't really expect the to show to pull a Fight Club though and thought there might be more behind the revelation.

A teensy bit disappointing if I'm honest, but very well handled and revealed.

Ruruja

My God, that piano cover of Where Is My Mind is perfect. How did I not know of it's existence
4TfeeGW.png

It seems every episode I get a new awesome song I haven't heard before. Soundtrack2gud.

--

Also "You knew all along didn't you?" was a great line at the audience.

Frog-fu

Banned
OK, so Mr Robot ain't real.

Who was that interacting with Tyrell in the car then - or am I misremembering that?

Also, what about that time Mr Robot went over to intimidate that other dude from fsociety?

Siegcram

OK, so Mr Robot ain't real.

Who was that interacting with Tyrell in the car then - or am I misremembering that?

Also, what about that time Mr Robot went over to intimidate that other dude from fsociety?
Elliot with his MR persona in the driver's seat.

Gila

Just watched the first episode, man that was a strong pilot. Getting a lot of modern-tech dexter vibes. Really looking forward to the rest of the season

Elliot literally says, talking to the audience, "Are you going to make me say it? I am Mr. Robot."

He also gained the cut on his forehead that was previously on Mr. Robot. I think it's pretty clear now that in all the previous scenes in which Mr. Robot was interacting with someone else it was actually Elliot.

Nothus

My god, just when I thought the soundtrack couldn't get any better, they go and use a haunting piano version of one of my fav Pixies songs. Outstanding.

Oh my gerd. I'm so pumped for next week.

I was horrified with Tyrell acting that nuts towards the end of the episode. He makes a really convincing psychopath.

aku:jiki

I'm kinda blown away by that ending... I can't decide if that was a fucking genius way to signify the ending of the "Fight Club phase" of the plot, or a really cheesy homage.

Also, lol at the scene of Mr Alderson tearing the label off of his 50th AOL disk in a row. I know that sigh all too well. "These disks are only 512k and the stupid label never comes off right, but damn it, they're free disks..."

Maybe only Darlene is real. because she is the only one who other characters talk to while Elliot himself is in the room.

Not true. Romero and Elliott had a confrontation, remember the gun.

He also gained the cut on his forehead that was previously on Mr. Robot. I think it's pretty clear now that in all the previous scenes in which Mr. Robot was interacting with someone else it was actually Elliot.

He also got his limp if you look again.

aku:jiki

Edit: That reminds me, I wonder if they're going to address the fact that "Tyrell Wellick" is an extremely un-swedish name or if it's a mistake... His wife's name, Johanna, was more accurate.

I just...

What the heck does Elliot get out of Tyrell joining him? Dude's got nothing to his name asides from being a burgeoning serial killer.
I was grinning during the firing scene, when I realized that his plot was finally making sense and that he's joining Elliot. This is a team I want to see.

Tyrell's been shown to be a master hacker too, if you're genuinely asking.

Zoe

I think he has some mad skillz. Maybe.

I'm skeptical. Last week's episode showed him with the lowest kpm of any hacker known to man.

Edit: That reminds me, I wonder if they're going to address the fact that "Tyrell Wellick" is an extremely un-swedish name or if it's a mistake... His wife's name, Johanna, was more accurate.

Wouldn't surprise me if he changed it to make it easier to climb the ladder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom