• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mr. Robot |OT| Byte Club - a new hacker thriller - Wednesdays on USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished episode 106.

Besides the unbelievably amazing eggroll scene, MY GOD. That ending. Rami. Fuck. What a fucking fantastic episode of television but good god Rami Malek is a fucking phenomenal actor.

Yeah, the show is legit great. Such a surprise and second only to Rectify out of shows I've watched this summer.

Gastone

So me and my wife watched the first episode last night, after a co-worker mentioned the show for me.

Please GAF, tell me the rest of the show is as great, or even better, than the first episode. I absolutely loved it. The acting, the atmosphere, the music...f'in brilliant! Even the wife loved it. Can't wait to continue watching.

Christian Slater will always seem a bit "off" to me, but i'll handle it in this show.Rami Malek's character, Elliot, is someone i can relate to a little bit on some levels. Does an amazing job here. Very impressive.

So me and my wife watched the first episode last night, after a co-worker mentioned the show for me.

Please GAF, tell me the rest of the show is as great, or even better, than the first episode. I absolutely loved it. The acting, the atmosphere, the music...f'in brilliant! Even the wife loved it. Can't wait to continue watching.

Christian Slater will always seem a bit "off" to me, but i'll handle it in this show.Rami Malek's character, Elliot, is someone i can relate to a little bit on some levels. Does an amazing job here. Very impressive.

Gets even better, then keeps getting better.

So good.

The end of episode 7. Shit. Fuck. Wow.

G6zfcso.gif

You are not ready, brah

ivysaur12

Banned
why does every review for this show on the AVClub start with a mildly related yet totally not related quote like my papers my sophomore year of high school.

Sober

why does every review for this show on the AVClub start with a mildly related yet totally not related quote like my papers my sophomore year of high school.
And here I thought I was the only person who did that!

It's the easiest way to fake being super smart I guess!

Hari Seldon

I watched the first two episodes on demand and I'm totally hooked. This show is fantastic and the main actor is absolutely amazing.

Sh1ner

I wonder why that lady told Angela that she couldn't work in the office.

she can taint the case, she has an inherent gain if their side wins. She needs to stay the hell away. I do like Angela but damn she should have known better.

Edit: Loving the responses to Ivy's responses. Haha

ivysaur12

Banned
Yeah, that was one of those HOLY SHIT/THIS MAKES PERFECT SENSE reveals that are almost impossible to pull off.

Yeah, instead of sleeping, I went back and watched a few earlier episodes. She's not necessarily bitchy (though she can be), but she just has that cadence with her brother that every sibling has.

It IS sort of weird he wouldn't have her number in his phone?

Sinfamy

It's interesting watching this season a second time, you'll notice that no other character notices or talks to Mr. Robot.

Siegcram

Don't know if I posted this here already, but here is a tunefind list of all the songs so far.
Some links are broken, but names of tracks and artists are correct, so you can go from there.

I'm sure there's a spotify list too, but I'm not using that.

Nothing stops this train of greatness. Enjoy the ride.

Yeah, instead of sleeping, I went back and watched a few earlier episodes. She's not necessarily bitchy (though she can be), but she just has that cadence with her brother that every sibling has.

It IS sort of weird he wouldn't have her number in his phone?

Have you watched episode 9 yet?

I finally got caught up on this last night. I had been sitting on ~5 episodes for a while, and Twitter blowing up after Ep 8 was intriguing enough for me to burn through them. Very impressive freshman season from the show. It consistently surprises and delights with the way they've crafted it. Beyond the clever writing that has gone into it (the Darlene reveal, the effective voiceover), the lead is great, and I love the look of the show. A lot of the scenes are simply gorgeous with how they're framed. Good stuff, and bring on the finale.

ivysaur12

Banned
Honestly, I had sort of been falling out of love with the hour long drama as of late, which would be super unfortunate for me. There just hadn't been any new dramas that had excited me, and a lot of my favorites were either finished or had seasons that fell flat, and nothing excited me to watch it every week. But with UnReal and Mr. Robot (along with Rectify), my god. I've remembered why I love TV so much.

I'll have to re-watch it, but I feel like they touch on some topics that the character wouldn't talk to elliot about, hmmm

Do you mean the scene where Elliot is in Steel Mountain and Mr, Robot and 2 others are in the car guiding him? If so, Mr. Robot does talk a lot in that scene including shouting advice to Elliot but on second viewing it's cleverly done in that it's actually Elliot either thinking out loud or talking to the other 2 that are listening to him via their earpieces.

ivysaur12

Banned
lmao nobody else mentioned it but the scene kinda stuck out to me too. They could've castes someone much better (and less generic).

He's been in two scenes so far and he's been fucking awful in both, especially compared to how wonderful almost everyone else is, even the guest actors.

And yeah, we all saw the "twist" in 109 coming, but it was still a beautiful episode of television. My god.

Me after episode is like

kPKItlz.gif

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Man, Randy Harrison is a shitty actor.
I had to Google who he was and what his character is :|

I'm very pumped for this Wednesday, so far the only episode that didn't click with me was the 6th because I predicted the ending right at the start and some decisions didn't make sense just as some of the hacking.

CloudWolf

Its also the song in the final scene of fightclub (where they blow up the building that holds the records of credit card companies)

I'm pretty damn sure that this song was picked specifically as a reference to that movie. Anyway, this show has been incredibly on-point with it's licensed music, I'm loving it.

There's one scene where MR. Robot is in a car talking to someone, and I have no idea how that scene works (maybe it wasn't real?)

The scene with Tyrell and Mr. Robot in the car is bugging me. Because it worked in the context of the stoy until they had Tyrell entering Elliot's apartement last episode and proclaiming that he knows that Elliot was behind it all. Why would he remind Elliot of that? He talked to him in the car two days earlier and it's not like Tyrell has any reason to know that Elliot forgets stuff.

ivysaur12

Banned
I think he's suppose to be that stereotypical "trophy wife" who's oblivious to everything and loves to say "We'll be fine, love prevails".

I'm sure there are plenty of other people who could've done that! It's not the character. It's actor. He's baaaaad. It was so awkwardly mismatched in terms of talent.

He's been in two scenes so far and he's been fucking awful in both, especially compared to how wonderful almost everyone else is, even the guest actors.

And yeah, we all saw the "twist" in 109 coming, but it was still a beautiful episode of television. My god.

Me after episode is like

kPKItlz.gif

Love your reactions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom