• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mr. Robot |OT| Byte Club - a new hacker thriller - Wednesdays on USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was an amazing episode.

A couple of things:

Did we get a good glimpse at who was at the door? I looked at my phone and missed that part.

What was that shindig in the post credits scene? Is Wong actually an employee at Evil Corp?

Edit: Oh, secret society? I could see that.

What did Mr. Robot say that was bleeped out when Elliot was standing against that LED American flag? Something like, "It's not a fucking beef patty on..." but it was bleeped for some reason?

Zoe

What did Mr. Robot say that was bleeped out when Elliot was standing against that LED American flag? Something like, "It's not a fucking beef patty on..." but it was bleeped for some reason?

Probably "shit". It's more vulgar when it actually refers to poop or something like that. Just like the FCC considers "fuck" to be more vulgar when it refers to sex.

Phenomenal season. Was happy to finally watch it live and contribute to viewership.

entire cast is good as fuck. Mac Quayle is a god. and I'm so so happy we get to see more of BD Wong.

ezekial45

Banned
I'm so glad to see Christian Slater on top again. He's an incredible actor, but it seemed like he never had much luck or just picked really poor shows and movies to contribute to.

He fucking killed that last scene.

CRS

So this ssociety (sorry, not sorry) let the hack go through. Now to figure out how they benefit from the situation and there's still the mystery of Tyrell.

It's going to a looooooooooooong year.

Duesy

I must be ignorant in current events but why did this episode get delayed again?

People are saying this is similar to Bud Dwyer or whatever, which seeing the video of that, it is. BUT, that happened YEARS ago, what event happened recently?

Zoe

It seemed way too long to be just "shit" though.

Supposedly the encore has less censoring, just watch it again :lol

I must be ignorant in current events but why did this episode get delayed again?

People are saying this is similar to Bud Dwyer or whatever, which seeing the video of that, it is. BUT, that happened YEARS ago, what event happened recently?

The Virginia newscast murders

ezekial45

Banned
So this ssociety (sorry, not sorry) let the hack go through. Now to figure out how they benefit from the situation and there's still the mystery of Tyrell.

It's going to a looooooooooooong year.
Did they? From the conversation White Rose had with the Evil Corp exec, they knew who was behind the hack, and not that they could stop it.

Unless I missed a line of dialog there.

Trey

so we have two murdering psychopaths who have a reason to kill Elliot running around out there. fun times.

Also, I agree with Greenwald: Mr. Robot as a show would do well to not get so wrapped up in its own mystery. The unreliable narrator is the hook, but you will need to push the characters and sub plot more in order to build up the world. Double down on the trippy, hazy energy that is the show's charm, but keep it tight. I also hope they nail the nigh-dystopic feeling of a global financial meltdown of this magnitude for the second season.

RPS37

All I've got to say right now is my DVR done did me dirty. (It didn't record the finale because it thought last week was the finale) Also, like four episodes behind right now anyway. Everyone enjoy the finale!

CRS

All I've got to say right now is my DVR done did me dirty. (It didn't record the finale because it thought last week was the finale) Also, like four episodes behind right now anyway. Everyone enjoy the finale!

USA is showing 4 times in a row. You should be able to record the finale again in about 25 minutes from this post.

Did they? From the conversation White Rose had with the Evil Corp exec, they knew who was behind the hack, and not that they could stop it.

Unless I missed a line of dialog there.

But White Rose is in control of the Dark Army and without their contribution, the plan wouldn't have gone through. So if Rose wanted to, he could have put an end to it but didn't.

awp69

I don't think Elliot is Tyrrell. But I'm dying to know what went down with him during those three days.

This episode almost felt like an epilogue. Don't get me wrong, it was great. But with all the big reveals in the past, it was like a bookend for this season and setting up things for Season 2.

Tbe only real "cliffhanger" is Terrell's story. There's still lots of questions, of course.

So who does everyone think was at Elliot's door? Tyrrell?

Wouldn't it be awesome if it was Vera? Not that he has much reason to come to Elliott. Still hope we see Vera again in S2.

TripOpt55

Great finale. I love the way they jumped ahead and had us as viewers playing a little catch up along with Elliot. And I wasn't sure if they'd pull off the plan and am so glad they did. So many amazing scenes this week. Like us getting a glimpse of what others see when we are seeing Mr. Robot. Just fantastic. Can't wait to see where this heads next. It still left some mysteries in the air with Tyrell and his wife. It had a nice final tease to setup the next season.

Also I could certainly see why they delayed it. Once that guy asked for his bag, I figured that was where that scene was heading.

So overall, this has been my favorite show of 2015 so far. It just seems to do everything right. The subject matter is really fun and interesting. It has deep characters and great acting (Elliot is seriously such a fascinating character and Malek has delivered the performance of the year). The score is wonderful and I think the licensed music choices are just as good. The visual style is both beautiful and unique. The show can be thrilling as evidenced by the hacking stuff in eps 5 and 6. It has also been the most fun show to talk about this year and that is part of the fun of TV for me. And I'm still impressed with that Darlene twist.

I try to tell everyone I can to watch this. Unlike some other shows I love like say a Jane the Virgin or something like that which wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea, I feel this would appeal to anyone.

Anyway, I love this show so much. I can't wait to see where it heads next season!

Zoe

Some parts of the Times Square scene looked like greenscreen, but apparently they were able to clear it out the night before July 4th...

JDHarbs

I might be in the minority here, but this episode really didn't feel like a finale to me. It seemed more focused on setting up season 2.

Still, it was an amazing season. I can't wait for it to return.

Tamanon

Banned
What was the first scene? I hit start over on my DVR as it didn't record dammit. Started with the team talking about a shooting. I hope it legit starts over at 1230!

Nevermind, it's started!

Omzz

Yeah not gonna agree with those Elliot being Tyrell theories, doesn't make sense. I'm thinking Tyrell is dead

Also wonder what are White Rose's motivations for doing this since he had control of dark army. Season 2 will be a long ass wait...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom