• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Murder Miners |OT| Halo + Minecraft = Profit?

wwm0nkey

The trailer makes it seem very fun
Too bad I have no xbox :(
Would love to hear some impressions

The developers are actually competent and made the game feel and play good while taking ideas from Halo and Minecraft and molded them into something awesome. It might not be the most original idea but it is a lot of fun.

So I take it that's a big 'no' on bots. Too bad. Maybe they'll put them in an update someday although it could be programming AI on user created levels would be too difficult, especially for an indie. Haven't seen anything like that since Timesplitters 3.

TCKaos

Sure, on default settings, but im pretty sure on those settings everyone started with a Plasma Pistol? It was right above the Base on superior settings. :p

Game is great, I hope it makes lots of money.

Banshee was PC exclusive in multiplayer.

And speaking of Blood Gulch, I'm working on a much smaller variation of it that should function well in 4v4 or 5v5 settings. Won't be perfect, but it should be close enough.

Really it's more or less inspired by Blood Gulch (bases, boxed canyon) but otherwise completely different.

Or something like that.

wwm0nkey

I kind of wonder if vehicles would be possible in the future because if so BG, Relic, Terminal and Containment all need to be remade!

Also they should add a BR lol

wwm0nkey

Just a tip, when you are in building mode press LB+A+B while holding back and you SHOULD fly, I don't know exactly what causes you to fly but that has worked for me.

JFizzle

Neo Member
So I take it that's a big 'no' on bots. Too bad. Maybe they'll put them in an update someday although it could be programming AI on user created levels would be too difficult, especially for an indie. Haven't seen anything like that since Timesplitters 3.
Maybe to bots. At the very least you'll be able to turn zombie bots on whenever you want, no matter the game mode.

Just a tip, when you are in building mode press LB+A+B while holding back and you SHOULD fly, I don't know exactly what causes you to fly but that has worked for me.

It's LB while holding A. Read the 'game manual' under options.

mebizzle

Maybe to bots. At the very least you'll be able to turn zombie bots on whenever you want, no matter the game mode.

It's LB while holding A. Read the 'game manual' under options.

It would be so awesome if you could get some bots in it in the future, but I have to say this is an insane game, never expected this kind of quality from XBLIG.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Within five minutes of turning on my Xbox, I have six messages from people telling me to buy this game, haha. DLing now.

Here's a video of the additional controls mentioned in the manual: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k15GoXD6Bdg

Yep, I also got facility.

Congrats on the phenomenal game man, really. I'm trying to spread it to as many people as possible! lol

Is there going to be any way you can look up maps or is it just leeching off people you meet? Also, once the full game comes out will it just be a free update for us and people who don't have it will have to pay more?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm, like, the only person who doesn't like this game. :lol It felt like I had to fight the game to make my shots connect. I'll give it a few more tries.

Congrats on the phenomenal game man, really. I'm trying to spread it to as many people as possible! lol

Is there going to be any way you can look up maps or is it just leeching off people you meet? Also, once the full game comes out will it just be a free update for us and people who don't have it will have to pay more?

Xbox Indie Games can't store maps on a server or anything, so it has to be peer to peer trading.

The updates will be added to the existing game through patches.

PNut

Banned
I'm, like, the only person who doesn't like this game. :lol It felt like I had to fight the game to make my shots connect. I'll give it a few more tries.

I only got to play a few games in Over's party earlier and did terrible, but he had it figured out. Just takes some time.

Why don't you? :D

Work :( I might try to do so later but barely have the time till the weekends, I hope this game lasts a while and isn't just a quick trend.
Monkey, any chance I can grab some of the other remake maps you have off you sometime?

Unicorn the gunplay is initially jarring, but seems like once you get used to it very similar to Halo 1, it's probably worth tryin the trial! I hear the sensitivity is something they are working on but at the moment default is way too low!

wwm0nkey

Fuck this is sounding like a dream shooter.

How good is the actual gunplay/gameplay?

I'm super tempted.

The gameplay is very solid, aim acceleration is a bit weird but they are apparently working on that.

Also I am going to host a map sharing lobby really soon guys so if you want some maps join my lobby!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I only got to play a few games in Over's party earlier and did terrible, but he had it figured out. Just takes some time.
Cool, I'll definitely see if I can adjust to it.

Overdoziz

Banned
By the way guys, I've got versions of the Halo maps that have non-destructible blocks. If you want them you can join me some time and save them. The maps are called "My <map> L". You can make unbreakable maps yourself by going into design mode on a map, press start, map options and turn "lock all blocks" on. Personally I'm not a big fan of being able to build and destroy blocks during matches because it can make some maps unplayable so it's nice to have this option.

I should be on later today to play some matches.

Fracas

#fuckonami
By the way guys, I've got versions of the Halo maps that have non-destructible blocks. If you want them you can join me some time and save them. The maps are called "My <map> L". You can make unbreakable maps yourself by going into design mode on a map, press start, map options and turn "lock all blocks" on. Personally I'm not a big fan of being able to build and destroy blocks during matches because it can make some maps unplayable so it's nice to have this option.

I should be on later today to play some matches.
Nice! I've been wanting to get some Halo maps. If I'm on when you are later, I'll join.
I'm getting this when I get home from work tonight, hopefully people will be on
I have some stuff I have to do first, but I'll be on tonight. Should be able to get a group going.

This game can be a lot of fun, but yeah, it has some issues. Still, a steal at 240 MS points. Plus, I got to play with Ninja last night, so that's awesome.

Top Bottom