• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia S2 |OT| This is Going to Stain my Hero Record. No Manga Spoilers!!!

Is it supposed to be funny that Urakara's (idk her name) teacher has a crush on her? Idk. Seems creepy as fuck.

Might be wrong but didn't see that myself. The teacher comes off more childish cute which is odd looking at his image. I'm hoping some of the female characters show up more. Other than Tsu and Urakara they've all been background noise. Expected girl I think called momo with creation power to be a bigger support to the main team.

caliph95

Might be wrong but didn't see that myself. The teacher comes off more childish cute which is odd looking at his image. I'm hoping some of the female characters show up more. Other than Tsu and Urakara they've all been background noise. Expected girl I think called momo with creation power to be a bigger support to the main team.
It's pretty much the entire joke

Hypron

Yeah I really didn't get the impression he had a crush on Uraraka.

rackham

Banned

OH I forgot. Because it's anime it's not supposed to be creepy. It's just supposed to be cutesy and funny. Super shitty of you guys to be condoning humor like that.

Like, if her teacher is still a teenager it's not a big deal but the fact that some of you seem outraged that I'm asking an honest question about a creepy ass dude says a lot about some of you. :/ gross

Also, yes I find parts of the show funny but then you throw in really childish shit like this and Mineatta being a sexual molesting pervert- it's just not funny anymore.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Since this probably won't be explained in the anime and the only way to find out is to have someone that already knows or has read the manga up to this point in the anime.

The winged Noumo that grabs Deku and Stain goes after is one of Bakugou's fellow bully friends that would Bully Deku. It is mentioned in an in between chapters page with his picture and a note. Apparently the reason he went after Deku was some remnant of the kid in their that recognized Deku.

You would have seen him in the first episode or 1st chapter of the manga.

9JEY3AZ.jpg

Jintor

Is it supposed to be funny that Urakara's (idk her name) teacher has a crush on her? Idk. Seems creepy as fuck.

that's not the joke, the joke is that he looks like a tough bruiser and speaks/acts like a teenage girl

he's just teasing her

trojita it's not confirmed yet

OH I forgot. Because it's anime it's not supposed to be creepy. It's just supposed to be cutesy and funny. Super shitty of you guys to be condoning humor like that.

Like, if her teacher is still a teenager it's not a big deal but the fact that some of you seem outraged that I'm asking an honest question about a creepy ass dude says a lot about some of you. :/ gross

yeah nah

rackham

Banned
that's not the joke, the joke is that he looks like a tough bruiser and speaks/acts like a teenage girl

he's just teasing her

trojita it's not confirmed yet

yeah nah

He speaks in a lighter tone than his physique and clothes would indicate but that's different than seeming down that a teenage girl has a boyfriend.

Maybe I saw the scene differently and he wasn't hitting on her but it really really seemed that way.

caliph95

jvoAwEL4DEjtV4sO5OMnQDe6aDLWcBOylU-ymWALACwlLpAEY79I2tTEZ1nxpWNFESG0sQ37YuUG58vuATap67727T6d0n7DH8s=w400-h300-nc

Are you talking about the board hates the shit out of mineta

caliph95

He speaks in a lighter tone than his physique and clothes would indicate but that's different than seeming down that a teenage girl has a boyfriend.

Maybe I saw the scene differently and he wasn't hitting on her but it really really seemed that way.
Uraraka pretty much spells out the joke

Jintor

It's pretty fucking specific lol

yeah but it's not confirmed

also i demand you end all your sentences in -wan

there's absolutely zero indication he's skeeving on her. during your adolescence did you seriously never have adults say to you, when you were speaking to someone of the opposite sex in any capacity, "oh are you speaking to your giiiiiiirlfrieeeeeend?" in that dumb way you do to get a rise out of kids

jett

D-Member
I don't like how they're just literally gonna sweep under the rug the actual heroics of this arc. It's like a near-immediate retcon. :p "Oh that thing that just happened, it didn't really happen, fuggedaboutit."

weshes195

Like, if her teacher is still a teenager it's not a big deal but the fact that some of you seem outragedi that I'm asking an honest question about a creepy ass dude says a lot about some of you. :/ gross

Also, yes I find parts of the show funny but then you throw in really childish shit like this and Mineatta being a sexual molesting pervert- it's just not funny anymore.

What are you talking about? Lol All of that is your imagination dude. How did that even get across like that?

Grexeno

I don't like how they're just literally gonna sweep under the rug the actual heroics of this arc. It's like a near-immediate retcon. :p "Oh that thing that just happened, it didn't really happen, fuggedaboutit."
It's because the actual heroics were also illegal, so it was either "be recognized and punished or receive no recognition or punishment"

Puruzi

Banned

Jfc

LotusHD

Banned
there's absolutely zero indication he's skeeving on her. during your adolescence did you seriously never have adults say to you, when you were speaking to someone of the opposite sex in any capacity, "oh are you speaking to your giiiiiiirlfrieeeeeend?" in that dumb way you do to get a rise out of kids

Oh, that scene? Lmao, I thought it was something completely different. Yea, I've had a bunch of occasions growing up where adults would tease me over talking to a girl. Very weird that he took it a completely different way...

Like even if you wanna say it's different because the genders are swapped, there still wasn't anything skeevy about it.

jett

D-Member
It's because the actual heroics were also illegal, so it was either "be recognized and punished or receive no recognition or punishment"

It feels more like the author doesn't want to deal with his main characters being famous already, but wanted them to take on a badass villain anyway, so he wrote in this bullshit loophole for himself.

That is exactly what it was.

I don't think I've ever seen someone miss a joke as badly as this.

Jintor

he's also playing dream daddy which i think is hilarious

anyway a bit of stuff came out in a mag about the filler ep. the villain is a octopus looking thing called innsmouth, the hero froppy is interning under i think is called Selkie (seal-looking dude, apparently another hero who looks different to how he acts), and I think the fellow student is called... I don't know how to romanise it. Series? Tsuriusu? No idea.

What in the world are you talking about? Gunhead's entire joke is that he's tough looking but talks like a teenage girl. Like. I don't even understand how you got to your assumption.

Meffer

He wasn't hitting on her. I don't even know how you got that idea.

literally this

people going 'i cant believe u condone this humor' are hilarious

dickroach

next week looks like a filler episode I can totally get behind. it feels like it's been months since we've gotten anything more than a few seconds of the other students. like, seeing Bakugou pissed that he was stuck with a bunch of jeans-wearing weirdos was the best part of this last episode.

Neoxon

next week looks like a filler episode I can totally get behind. it feels like it's been months since we've gotten anything more than a few seconds of the other students. like, seeing Bakugou pissed that he was stuck with a bunch of jeans-wearing weirdos was the best part of this last episode.
I thought it would just be Froppy, but I'm glad that it's gonna cover the other internships. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Froppy, but the others had just as interesting scenarios.

Anime saved
Top 10 (24/7-30/7)
1 Sazae-san - 12.3%
2 Chibi Maruko-chan - 7.2%
3 Doraemon - 7.2%
4 Case Closed - 7.1%
5 One Piece - 6.1%
6 Dragon Ball Super - 5.0%
7 My Hero Academia - 4.5%
8 Pokemon Sun & Moon - 3.8%
9 Kirakira PreCure a la Mode - 3.6%
10 The Snack World - 3.1%
10 Curious George - 3.1%

Is it back to not doing well?

Grazzt

Decent episode, we've got more Froppy time!
That seal is kawaii. But 3 muscular men, 1 beefy seal and 1 cute girl is a strange crew.

I really liked that episode. It was cool to see a situation like that play out in full from a different perspective.

I hope Selkie and his crew are featured again.

NSESN

The episode was well animated, and the characters were enjoyable so it's better than I expected. I guess Bones really like Froppy.

Top Bottom