• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia S2 |OT| This is Going to Stain my Hero Record. No Manga Spoilers!!!

Endeavor is a dick of a dad and person, but he can still redeem himself

In order to redeem yourself you first have to admit and regret the wrong things you did. Endeavor fundamentally breaks that concept because he sees Todoroki rising up and overcoming his trauma as validation of his actions.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
In order to redeem yourself you first have to admit and regret the wrong things you did. Endeavor fundamentally breaks that concept because he sees Todoroki rising up and overcoming his trauma as validation of his actions.
He's so excited Shoto wanted to intern with him lol

caliph95

He has a long way to go before reaching Griffith meme status
It helps he isn't charismatic (intentionally) and unpleasant plus hasn't so far shown to be likeable at least Bakugo can he funny or get put into situations that we laugh at him (besides the focus he gets) regardless of some cool action scenes

We can all be honest enough to admit that as No.2, Endeavor is a legit beast, but as a person, he's pretty garbage.

Right?

Like, he sees his son as a means to an end, a vicarious way of defeating All Might. Everything he's done has been for that purpose. Marriage, pro-creation, all for the sake of overthrowing a rival.

I decided to stay away from the manga, so I don't know if Todoroki jr's changes also begin to change Elder Todoroki, but dude is objectively not a good person.

The difference between him and All Might is that he worships the image of a Hero (Ultimate Power, Status, Respect, etc) while All Might seems to be more about the substance of a Hero.

Neoxon

I'm actually curious as to who in Deku's circle of friends is gonna figure his quirk out first (Uravity, Tenya, Todoroki, or Bakugo), if at all. I think it may be Bakugo since he's known Deku for longer, but Uravity & Tenya hang out with Deku more.

ShadyK54

I'm actually curious as to who in Deku's circle of friends is gonna figure his quirk out first (Uravity, Tenya, Todoroki, or Bakugo), if at all. I think it may be Bakugo since he's known Deku for longer, but Uravity & Tenya hang out with Deku more.

I always wonder if Deku will reveal to anyone where he got it from. I don't even think he told his mom lol.

It's also interesting to me to think about how everyone would react, and how much (more) of a target he would become.

Maximo

Endeavor is a dick of a dad and person, but he can still redeem himself

Honestly I hope he doesn't not everyone rises up to redeem themselves and not everyone should doesn't make for a interesting story, I can see himself taking a massive hit or sacrificing himself for Shouto for the one and only reason he will tell him with his dying breath. *Become Number 1* for nothing but selfish reasons to further legitimise his legacy in raising a son that *could* be the greatest Hero ever.

Bad writing if Endeavour somehow dies or sacrifices himself. I think he's already/is already softenining towards Shoto, and I would hope this path continues to make him an actual good "old man" as Shoto says.

Neoxon

I always wonder if Deku will reveal to anyone where he got it from. I don't even think he told his mom lol.

It's also interesting to me to think about how everyone would react, and how much (more) of a target he would become.
If only Deku's close friends &/or mom figure it out, it won't be much of an issue. Todoroki & Bakugo may be pushed harder to beat Deku since they'd see him as All Might Jr. (Todoroki already does to an extent), but that's it.

Tace

Caught this ep the day it came out, but I've been way too busy to post. Just like I hoped, they were able to stick the landing. I do still think Stain's malice walk was just a tad bit better in the manga, but that because of Horikoshi's god tier art. Aside from that, the anime did it way better. Very excited for, well, EVERYTHING to come now that Deku isn't going to break his arm every time he throws a punch.

BHK3

Banned
Has Stains pure rage and
blood
lust mean he unlocked the 'awakened' portion of his power, like Doflamingo in One Piece?

Pejo

Man, I don't know what it is about that track that sounds like tubas, but it gets me so pumped up every time I hear it. Latest ep was really good, though I'm confused about the ending. Did Stain's rib puncturing his heart thing kill him, or just make him unconscious?

ShadyK54

Man, I don't know what it is about that track that sounds like tubas, but it gets me so pumped up every time I hear it. Latest ep was really good, though I'm confused about the ending. Did Stain's rib puncturing his heart thing kill him, or just make him unconscious?

I think the belief was that when he fell to the ground he was unconscious, but then they found out about his rib & he ended up dying.

He's definitely not dead, but I don't think that the rib punctured his heart? Thought it was a lung.

NSESN

I can't remember any shounen hero like Deku and the only one that gives somewhat the same vibe is Mob. The only thing he has common with other heroes is the underdog story.

Unless someone has only read one or two manga, then there is no way Midoriya ISNT the usual boys action lead with the same number 1 -insert occupation- fight for my friends through hardwork dedication teamwork and friendship mentality that we can name hundreds of other characters for.

MKIL65

Midoriya is pretty much like most shounen main characters.

He has certain traits that makes him more endearing, but that's really it.

LotusHD

Banned
Ironically the reason so many people seem to call Deku bland or boring is because he is not the stereotypical shounen hero. At the very least, he's clearly very different compared to the most popular ones. Maybe he's more similar to the ones no one cares about, but who knows, I don't care about em lmao

Deku's considerably more analytical, and a lot more failure-prone, than most shonen protags. He's also a much better team player, as exemplified in the Stain fight. For the most part, shonen protag contributions to team fights is more "stack your super attacks, y'all!" than what we got there.

He's also a lot less... inward-focused, I guess? He wants to be a hero, but it's not really about him, except in some interesting residual issues he has with having been quirkless.

NSESN

Anime saved
Top 10 (24/7-30/7)
1 Sazae-san - 12.3%
2 Chibi Maruko-chan - 7.2%
3 Doraemon - 7.2%
4 Case Closed - 7.1%
5 One Piece - 6.1%
6 Dragon Ball Super - 5.0%
7 My Hero Academia - 4.5%
8 Pokemon Sun & Moon - 3.8%
9 Kirakira PreCure a la Mode - 3.6%
10 The Snack World - 3.1%
10 Curious George - 3.1%

NSESN

Seems pretty impressive considering everything else on there is a big franchise with an established base already

It is also a lot more than Shoto vs Deku that was the other hype episode this season.
I can already taste the 3rd season.

My Hero Academia is airing on the pre-Conan timeslot; even Ultimate Otaku Teacher was able to get relatively good ratings there.

It was doing a lot worse before this weak, I think 3% was the maximum I saw.

balgajo

My Hero Academia is airing on the pre-Conan timeslot; even Ultimate Otaku Teacher was able to get relatively good ratings there.

The problem is that BNHA was not doing that well before. I think that's the best rating of the show until now. Hope that it indicates the possibilty of a new season.

Neoxon

My little brother claimed that he stopped watching the show, yet he's re-watching the dub for the sports festival (caught him when he saw Deku rocket to 1st in the race). So again I post...

kqFhCk0.png

Meffer

My little brother claimed that he stopped watching the show, yet he's re-watching the dub for the sports festival (caught him when he saw Deku rocket to 1st in the race). So again I post...

kqFhCk0.png

Gift him the manga volumes. I think he'll like those.

SalvaPot

Anime saved
Top 10 (24/7-30/7)
1 Sazae-san - 12.3%
3 Doraemon - 7.2%
4 Case Closed - 7.1%
5 One Piece - 6.1%
10 Curious George - 3.1%

Happy to see Snack World slowly going up.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Anime saved
Top 10 (24/7-30/7)
1 Sazae-san - 12.3%
3 Doraemon - 7.2%
4 Case Closed - 7.1%
5 One Piece - 6.1%
10 Curious George - 3.1%

I like how the top 3 are old ass shows.

NSESN

Bakugou is more smart in battles than Deku tho. While deku still is battle smart, his forte is pre battle strategy.

Top Bottom