• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Here's a nice picture of Jirou

dyDloze.jpg

cntr

Banned
Just imagine someone lifting their foot backwards while leaning forward. Her foot is hidden by Jirou and Uraraka's legs.

Cerium

Theoretical question: If Eraserhead used his quirk against All For One, would it negate one quirk or all of them?

Then again it wouldn't affect the body modification quirks. But it could weaken him considerably as long as he kept his eyes open.

WarRock

Theoretical question: If Eraserhead used his quirk against All For One, would it negate one quirk or all of them?

Then again it wouldn't affect the body modification quirks. But it could weaken him considerably as long as he kept his eyes open.
If he negates the AfO quirk, wouldn't all quirks be disabled?

Cerium

If he negates the AfO quirk, wouldn't all quirks be disabled?

You can have quirks stolen by AfO without having AfO itself. So I wouldn't think so. The question would be more whether Erasure affects the user himself, or just the user's quirk.

Qvoth

Just read the new spin off manga, vigilante
Pretty good

Quite surprising to see a spin off so early though, I mean the main series is still going on after all

WarRock

You can have quirks stolen by AfO without having AfO itself. So I wouldn't think so. The question would be more whether Erasure affects the user himself, or just the user's quirk.
Oh yeah, that's true. Well, I guess it depends on how AfO works then. If it literally rewrites the DNA to copy the quirks or if it does something else.

cntr

Banned
Well, given that All for ONe is One for All's sister quirk...

You probably eat the target's DNA. I'm assuming All for One isn't into weird stuff, so he'd just eat hair too.

Well, given that All for ONe is One for All's sister quirk...

You probably eat the target's DNA. I'm assuming All for One isn't into weird stuff, so he'd just eat hair too.

It's not really a sister quirk, though. It's just a quirk that AfO pawned off on his brother, that combined with the dormant quirk he already had to become something bigger.

The strength part isn't, but the transference part is.

Hmm, giving a quirk vs. taking a quirk... yeah, I guess I can see it. It clearly doesn't function exactly the same, though; he got that Pussycat's quirk in much less time than it's taking Deku to unlock One for All.

cntr

Banned
my impression is that Deku got all of One for All as soon as the quirk activated in him, he just can't control it, and doesn't know its full strength or what's up with the avatar-thing

Puruzi

Banned
Deku doesn't have to unlock any of One for All. He just can't use it at max power because he'd just straight up die. Rip limbs

Ascheroth

Daaaaamn.
That Bakugou moment. All that character development and quirk teamwork.
Suddenly I like Aoyama beyond being a joke character. Damn you Horikoshi!
And fucking Chuunibirds naming sense, lmao.

I've read the Vigilante spin-off as well, and ehhhhh. It's like a version of MHA that lacks what makes MHA good. It has a couple interesting ideas and made me chuckle a few times, but I don't think it's particularly good.

cntr

Banned
Hagakure having a lightbender quirk was expected, but it's fun to have it confirmed. Wonder if she can team up with Aoyama for laser control?

Iida learning from his mistakes and being a bro is great, but Aoyama finally graduating from the joke character tier is pure hype.

and that dove panel was some good art, damn

phaze

Didn't Deku tell him forever ago though? I think this is the first time he really turned it into a jab.

Only that Midoriya got the quirk from someone else I think. Now it seems to me Bakugou understood from who Deku "borrowed" power. Given a number of panels that hint at his increasing suspicion that's the way I took his "with that power it's about to be expected"

Cerium

Holy crap what a dense chapter. So much going on.

Bakugou KNOWS.

And finally we get a hint of what Hagakure is actually capable of offensively. I've always wondered, and said so here several times, how she could have passed the entrance exam if her quirk only makes her invisible. Light refraction makes all kinds of sense, but there must be more to it than that, right? I'm legit excited that, at last, we got to see more of her powers.

More Kaminari and Jirou banter. She's going to be so crushed when he betrays them.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I'm SO SO happy Iida got away from his craven stage and now that has spread to Navel Laser. This chapter man holy shit.

Also invisible girl's quirk is so on the nose lol.

I actually took what Bakugou said as kind of a complement not a jab. You made the "borrowed" power yours sounded like a complement and that he expected him to pass.

108: Ah man that was goooooood! Bakugou with the highlight "oh shit" moment, but gotta hand it to Aoyama and Iida for actually providing an emotional hook, and the "class A teamup" fight was spectacular.

Y'know, people are going to freak out over "Bakugou knows," but honestly, the bigger deal to me is that he's finally coming to terms with the fact that Deku's on his tier. Character development!

cntr

Banned
People are complaining about the entire class passing, but if we got Iida and Aoyama character development out of it, 's all good

but Aoyama finally graduating from the joke character tier is pure hype.

What?! You still thought of him as a joke character when he knocked Bakugou and Tokoyami out of that magician's mouth during the boot camp arc?

If anything, he's a coward and decided to sacrifice himself to save Iida. But it backfired :V

Ascheroth

People are complaining about the entire class passing, but if we got Iida and Aoyama character development out of it, 's all good

Honestly, in the context of things I really like them all passing the first test. It's basically "Hey, maybe we have some individually 'weaker' members, but if we work together no one can stop us!".

Invisigirl's power could be super good if it's light refraction.

What if her invisibilty is actually an active use of her power instead of a permanent state.

TheFlow

Banned
yea them working together is the only valid reason I will except for them passing. which was the smart idea to begin with.

Honestly I am going to cry if someone doesn't make the cut :/. been reading this since day one so it the feels.

Y'know, people are going to freak out over "Bakugou knows," but honestly, the bigger deal to me is that he's finally coming to terms with the fact that Deku's on his tier. Character development!

Yeah, my takeaway from it is this was a direct callback to the "Heroes vs Villains exercise" and Bakugou, in his usual round about-assholish way, telling Deku not to downplay his victories.

TheFlow

Banned
Honestly, in the context of things I really like them all passing the first test. It's basically "Hey, maybe we have some individually 'weaker' members, but if we work together no one can stop us!".

What if her invisibilty is actually an active use of her power instead of a permanent state.
That would be the biggest revelation next to the traitor reveal

Top Bottom