• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

caliph95

It's a way to out there quirk for this universe even Nighteyes quirk imo was pushing it.

Anyway dragon lady can turn into a dragon:
tumblr_m8444mKChe1qbzg93o1_250.gif

It'd be cool to have that kind of quirk, but it'd have to be an entire arc about the concept to work. Not dropped in suddenly out of nowhere.
I mean, as presented in the fake spoilers, it'd BE an entire arc. Rinse and repeat the attack until they manage to shut the guy down.

I mean yeah, but you need a lot more build up to have an arc literally about time loops.
Why? Serious question. It'd be a shocking reveal, but the concept is built such that it doesn't feel too much like a bait and switch (since the reveal happens one chapter in) or Diabolus Ex Machina because there's plenty of time to live with the concept after it happens.

So we have 15 prominent and/or named heroes (including sidekicks) and, seemingly, 11 Cleansers, including Overhaul.

We should have a good look at some fights and quirks, if this goes anything like the Training Retreat Arc.

caliph95

We do have an idea of the Black guy's name something to do with Lock(ha translators shouldn't complain)

We also see a scarecrow looking dude as one of the "elites"

some on 4chan is probably going crazy since of them looks like Traitor

cntr

Banned
Why? Serious question. It'd be a shocking reveal, but the concept is built such that it doesn't feel too much like a bait and switch (since the reveal happens one chapter in) or Diabolus Ex Machina because there's plenty of time to live with the concept after it happens.
It's just doesn't fit the arc beyond a loose connection with Nighteye's quirk. It'd feel like a twist for the sake of a twist, not a natural thematic continuation of what came before.

Veelk

Banned
I'm really glad for this chapter, btw.

The last few just haven't been doing much for me. I suspect it's because Horikoshi has been sick and perhaps also because they were just really info-dumpy in a bland white room with a bunch of superheroes talking.

This, however, was good stuff. They've initiated the infiltration and we're already getting to see unique powers and set ups. I love how each goon mask is something unique and different, but all carrying a bird beak theme. And from the few things we've seen, they should have some unique powers.

But seriously, the dragon lady. I cannot get over how cool she is. She might actually surpass Tsukuyomi's quirk of absolute coolness.

Edit: She's not even a generic looking dragon. She reminds me of the Blue Eyes White Dragon from Yugioh, which I always liked.

Bowl0l

I'm really glad for this chapter, btw.

The last few just haven't been doing much for me. I suspect it's because Horikoshi has been sick and perhaps also because they were just really info-dumpy in a bland white room with a bunch of superheroes talking.

This, however, was good stuff. They've initiated the infiltration and we're already getting to see unique powers and set ups. I love how each goon mask is something unique and different, but all carrying a bird beak theme. And from the few things we've seen, they should have some unique powers.

But seriously, the dragon lady. I cannot get over how cool she is. She might actually surpass Tsukuyomi's quirk of absolute coolness.

Edit: She's not even a generic looking dragon. She reminds me of the Blue Eyes White Dragon from Yugioh, which I always liked.
Do you think she will have a sidekick, notKaiba?

There's definitely room for improvement in the volume release. Hopefully by then, Horikoshi is fully rested and we can get a pleasant surprise.

Bowl0l

I've read through some chapters and I still can't tell the ninja's gender.

Gran Torino will probably surprise us. Hopefully it's a good twist, not a sudden death match like Jiraiya from Shippudden..

cntr

Banned
There's definitely room for improvement in the volume release. Hopefully by then, Horikoshi is fully rested and we can get a pleasant surprise.
Jump has a ~3 week delay on chapters so probably the last few chapters were made a few weeks ago, shortly after he got ill.

Hopefully he's better by now!

Bowl0l

I thought it's this person since you mentioned ninja. My mistake..
wsA2zUX.jpg

Jump has a ~3 week delay on chapters so probably the last few chapters were made a few weeks ago, shortly after he got ill.

Hopefully he's better by now!
I hope he gets plenty of rest. If it's anything that involves his wrist, I don't mind him taking a break. Better to have a short hiatus than seeing the author struggling to keep up with his own drawing.

caliph95

Kay i actually have a bine to pick with this. In this world of superheroes, do they really expect me to believe that Endevour could somehow beat this woman who can turn into a dragon in any way?
She's number 9 too so best Jeanist and Paper ninja are better than her.

Also ranked heroes are not power levels it's combination of effectiveness and popularity

Pretty sure it has been stated the he solved the most cases somewhere

TheFlow

Banned
Kay i actually have a bine to pick with this. In this world of superheroes, do they really expect me to believe that Endevour could somehow beat this woman who can turn into a dragon in any way?
Heroes don't fight other heroes. He was number two due to the highest number of solved cases and etc.

Veelk

Banned

She'd be all "Haven't you read game of thrones? Fire cannot kill a dragon." on him.

But seriously, I doubt there's any one single power that is above all others. Endeavor probably just uses his power to be the single most persistent and determined threat to villains, while Dragon Lady is more of a normal hero with just one of the most kick ass quirks in the business. Endeavor goes out of his way to be a top-tier hero, while most others just see it as a job.

cntr

Banned
Yeah, Endeavor's the kind of guy who'd be constantly out there beating up villains trying to surpass All Might. Ryukyu doesn't seem like that kind of crazy.

Twice also mentioned Endeavor has a lot of support from the aggressive young male crowd.

Bowl0l

She's number 9 too so best Jeanist and Paper ninja are better than her.

Also ranked heroes are not power levels it's combination of effectiveness and popularity
I will assume that No. 9 can only shape shift from human form to full dragon form like Mount Lady. It could limit her effectiveness like unable to chase villains in a narrow alley, etc.

Like others mentioned, Endeavor does try his best to catch up to All Might.

caliph95

I will assume that No. 9 can only shape shift from human form to full dragon form like Mount Lady. It could limit her effectiveness like unable to chase villains in a narrow alley, etc.

Like others mentioned, Endeavor does try his best to catch up to All Might.
Could be why her team were dealing with those giants, would make sense and limits her hough if she could do hybrids it would be freaking cool and would make her my fave of the ranked heroes.

All Might is number one because he delibrately work hard on his image of the symbol of peace so pretty much since he is the Superman everybody loves him plus imagine he saves the most people and beaten the strongest villains

Veelk

Banned
I swear, I thought that Tsukuyomi's quirk was the MHA superpower I wanted more than anything else, but now I'm not sure. It's possible Tsukuyomi's has more versitility, but being able to turn into a goddamn dragon? Man.

I don't care who you're dealing with, you turn into a dragon, that's the end of any argument.

cntr

Banned
You know all those guys out there who love the edge? When their MHA equivalents are asked to vote for their favorite hero, they're all going to vote for the edgiest hero around, one who even has the power to back it up, goddamn Tokoyami.

That's why he's going to be a Top 5 hero. Unless they abolish the ranking system or something, lol.

cntr

Banned
You know the current UA "big three" are Mirio, Amakiji, and Hadou? An expressive guy with blond hair, a quiet guy with black hair, and an outgoing excitable girl?

Bet the next big three's going to be Deku, Bakugou, and Ochako.

TheFlow

Banned
You know the current UA "big three" are Mirio, Amakiji, and Hadou? An expressive guy with blond hair, a quiet guy with black hair, and an outgoing excitable girl?

Bet the next big three's going to be Deku, Bakugou, and Ochako.

not shitting on your opinion but no way in hell. Some major shit would have to go down for this to happen.

also this chapter was amazing.

we about to get full on fights

Kyuur

I think they kind of wrote themselves into a hole with the whole "No 1 and No 2" hero thing. All Might as the top hero and icon of justice was fine but they should have just said that Endeavor was a powerful hero who wanted to surpass him.

caliph95

You know, doesn't that mean Tokoyami sleeps with the lights on?
He has to otherwise seeing how huge his shadow is he would probably destroy the building he is in unless it sleeps with him
not shitting on your opinion but no way in hell. Some major shit would have to go down for this to happen.

also this chapter was amazing.

we about to get full on fights
Plus we have the No. 2 running gag with Todoroki
I think they kind of wrote themselves into a hole with the whole "No 1 and No 2" hero thing. All Might as the top hero and icon of justice was fine but they should have just said that Endeavor was a powerful hero who wanted to surpass him.
Except they did plus the rankings are not ranked by how powerful the hero is it's a combination of how effective the hero is and his popularity, Endeavour solves the most cases out of all the heroes even All might and is big with young male adults

She could be the most powerful of all the heroes besides obviously All might maybe even and would still be falling behind

cntr

Banned
I'm pretty sure Horikoshi has big things planned for Ochako, and Todoroki seems like the kind of guy who'd end up falling behind. Just a hunch.

The ranking system's just a reputation and popularity ranking. It's not a power ranking, they're just roughly correlated.

That said it's not very useful since it pushes heroes to work solo and try and gain fame instead of being heroic; I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up abolishing it in-universe.

TheFlow

Banned
Todoroki is too strong to be left out of any "best of" convo.

the eight disciples seem strong as hell. I am getting some sasuke rescue arc vibes.

caliph95

A better translation is out on the other site and if accurate has some nice additional details

We got a name Lock Lock makes sense,

Also it seems the guy is Overhaul's ftaher

For obvious reasons i prefer The Expendables than cleaning salvo

now i guess it's time for official translation

caliph95

I was at least less confused than the other one

Lock Rock sounds better

i am so curious about his quirks i have obsessive nerdy geeky need to know everybody's power

cntr

Banned
Also it seems the guy is Overhaul's father
Judging from both translations, I'd bet Overhaul used the word "old man" there. That doesn't mean it's his dad (it's a bad translation), it might just be someone he knows really well.

...though yeah, it's probably his dad.

caliph95

It's likely but considering the whole mafia and yakuza thing we are going with this Overhaul more than likely inherited his role with the respect it's likely his dad
Code:
[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/753a3pQ.jpg[/IMG]
Suddenly went from sorta attractive boring heroine to best Girl and hero

TheFlow

Banned
Also yea Dragon ladies power is fucking awesome.

If she can fly/breath fire it would be my dream quirk.

but damn. mind is so blown

also yea her design is basically a modified blue eyes white dragon.

Top Bottom