• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
FoxSpirit said:
*Pandaman is our resident pervert. As is Cheezmo but he is banned for a homophobic comment.
I think you're quite mistaken. If anything, Cheezmo got banned for trolling a guy in the "is homosexuality a choice" thread with one-liners. He was in disagreement with a choice guy.

judhudson said:
Love this one. The background scene kills me. XD

And again, I'll do better with the pics next time and use better judgement. :) Sorry folks.

About the real photos with ponies?
Dont matter, I particulary dont like them very much, but they are not against the TOS so you are free to post them if you want, so dont worry. :)

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
:(

TbBcn.png

Narag

I haven't seen a cartoon memorial pic handle death with any sort of class since the "Speechless" image when Mel Blanc died.

FoxSpirit

Thnikkaman said:
I think you're quite mistaken. If anything, Cheezmo got banned for trolling a guy in the "is homosexuality a choice" thread with one-liners. He was in disagreement with a choice guy.
Oh man, I owe such a HUGE apology to Cheezmo then. Completely mistook sides.
Sorry Cheezmo man :-(

OMG Aero

Those real life photos are pretty good in terms of getting the lighting on the pony to match the real world location but when they go into a "Here is a day I spent with Twilight Sparkle" story then it starts getting into weird Chris Chan territory.
And I really hate to continue this discussion but I feel it needs bringing up.
These kind of posts need to stop:
Ookami-kun said:
Honestly, I'm more about hypocrisy really. I don't care what stuff is posted here but when the fans themselves exhibit the same hate while spouting "you don't understand! Please tolerate us!" it makes me go rage mode.

Really, it's the thing that almost made me want to leave this place and just watch the show, but then that'd be proving some hypocrites that here can get away with it.

PonyGAF sometimes need to be whipped.
Acerac said:
Oh G-Fex. Your opinions are as consistent as your avatar.

For reference, I find those pictures a bit silly as well, but can't we all tolerate what others enjoy? I won't bitch about human ponies and stories about people raising ponies as pets, and I hope people won't complain when people post stories about psychotic ponies like Pinkamena and depressing pony stories like Pinkie's friend who gets cancer.

Tolerance. I heard it kicks ass. Perhaps we should practice it?
People were just saying they didn't like the pictures or found them creepy, there is nothing wrong with this. No-one was bitching about the images, no-one was calling for a blanket ban. These types of overreactions are what keep derailing the thread. Are people not allowed to have opinions unless they like things? Are people going to post these "WHAT ABOUT LOVE AND TOLERANCE" posts every single time there isn't universal approval for an image?

OMG Aero said:
Those real life photos are pretty good in terms of getting the lighting on the pony to match the real world location but when they go into a "Here is a day I spent with Twilight Sparkle" story then it starts getting into weird Chris Chan territory.
And I really hate to continue this discussion but I feel it needs bringing up.
These kind of posts need to stop:

People were just saying they didn't like the pictures or found them creepy, there is nothing wrong with this. No-one was bitching about the images, no-one was calling for a blanket ban. These types of overreactions are what keep derailing the thread. Are people not allowed to have opinions unless they like things? Are people going to post these "WHAT ABOUT LOVE AND TOLERANCE" posts every single time there isn't universal approval for an image?

I think is more about the overreaction that created 2th pages back because he wanted to "ban" human ponies as he didnt like them and in his words, they can not be in a pony thread, adding insults to the users.
As you said, I dont think theres anything wrong about making an opinion about what is posted here (as ive said, I also found those photos creepy) but people are free to post these things if they dont go against the TOS. What i dont find normal is people insulting other users becuase of what they like, or acting as if they were mods and wanting to ban things just becuase they are not of their liking.
So yeah, you are right.

OMG Aero said:
This is completely accurate. It's great to share something you like, and it's fine if not everyone likes it. That doesn't mean you need to change your habits or apologize for posting it. Just say your opinion of the piece and move on. There's no need to get into meta discussions of what is an appropriate response to a picture after every single picture post.

And to make sure this isn't just another one of those posts, here's a Luna drawing by kicksatanout.
luna_by_kicksatanout-d48hrwh.png

FoxSpirit said:
Awwww, that's really touching and heartbreaking. ;_;
Also, welcome to the herd.
Points of notice:
*Jenga is resident troll and we love him. We even made him a Pony. But be doesn't use it :'(
*Pandaman is our resident pervert. As is Cheezmo but he is banned for a homophobic comment.
*Uchip is our purist preacher. But he preached on another matter to a mod so he is also currently banned.
*G-Fex is also a pervert but has occasional fits and then can't remember if he even likes Ponies at all.
You'll find people of all shades here. One thing to learn: don't think you know people. Random fanart of various make can suddenly evoke fits from god-who-knows.
Me? I call myself the open mind, I like everything thrown my way as long as it is well made :-D
Well, except for gore stuff. Ugh.
Have fun and enjoy the stay :)

Don't forget your resident lawyer/defense attorney.

blamite

SpacePirate Ridley said:
Amazin amazing Rhythm Heaven/Paradise MLP parodies.

Twilight goes to DJ school:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-IxfCCII_E&feature=player_embedded

My favourite, Peckish Pony 2 (Munchy Monk 2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsS-ZH38nTU&feature=player_embedded
Twilight in the background is just amazing.

These are well done and perfectly executed too. I hope Hasbro is taking notes because I'd be down for a Rhythm Heaven type of MLP game. I'd take some DDR action too.

I do leave this though
http://youtu.be/KjaGYkRmD_I
Derpy+ Chacarron
Couldn't think of a better combo if I tried.

Acerac

Banned
OMG Aero said:
I'm not saying there needs to be universal approval, but whining about how much you dislike images and find them creepy seems pretty similar to bitching. Maybe your definition of bitching is different than mine. Once you factor in the fact that the person who posted them immediately apologized and said they'd not post such images again, I really think it seems pretty damn sad considering the attitudes of others to our general fandom.

I don't sit here and whine about the people posting human ponies despite the fact that they seem creepy as hell to me, I simply move on with my day. I would hope that others in this thread would also have the decency not to make other fans feel bad about what they enjoy. Apparently this is asking too much.

Narag

Opinions should be welcomed and considered, crusades not so much. No one is going to be completely happy with the thread and yes, sometimes folk should grin and bear it but they shouldn't feel the need to outright censor themselves entirely if they desire to express their opinion on various subjects that may or may not be creepy such as rl pony shops, human ponies, or Applejack in general.

In retrospect, I should've just posted spike-dudethstscreepy.

Acerac

Banned
Narag said:
Opinions should be welcomed and considered, crusades not so much. No one is going to be completely happy with the thread and yes, sometimes folk should grin and bear it but they shouldn't feel the need to outright censor themselves entirely if they desire to express their opinion on various subjects that may or may not be creepy such as rl pony shops, human ponies, or Applejack in general.
I would have thought it'd be easier if we didn't shit up the thread with whining. Just because I think people who enjoy humanized ponies represent the worst part of the fanbase doesn't mean I have to go out of my way to make them feel horrible for posting it. I accept that I don't share opinions with everyone else and let them enjoy the pictures. If somebody wants to post pics of a slutty looking human Applejack (why is it always Applejack?) then so be it.

It's not like the poster was spamming images. Hell, I'd not even bother bringing the topic up if people didn't suddenly pile on him for those rather innocent pictures. I just think it's fucked up that he had to say he'd be more careful in the future when he was just trying to share some images that he enjoyed.

PBalfredo

The thing I like most about Pinkie is she's the one the animators just let loose with the most.

One of my favorite random Pinkie moments is in Party of One when she starts flailing her hooves during her little rant. So much so that she goes airborn and upside down when emphasizing her words
53040%20-%20animated%20hooves_flailing%20pinkamena_diane_pie%20pinkie_pie.gif

64434%20-%20animated%20applejack%20fluttershy%20party%20pinkamena_diane_pie%20pinkie_pie%20rarity%20twilight_sparkle.gif

"because you're been LYING to me and AVOIDING ME ALL DAY. THAT'S, WHY."

Oh Pinkie. So random.

Also

66209%20-%20animated%20finger%20gif%20human%20laughing%20pinkie_pie%20poke%20some_dude%27s_hand%20tagme%20tickle.gif

fuenf

May i join the party? "Hi, my name is fuenf, i'm german, i'm black and i am a brony." ;)
Just dropped by to say how much i like the show and how amazing the stuff is you guys are doing here with all these pictures and gifs!!! :D

Orcastar

Buf's avatar is indeed awesome. I'm surpised nobody else on GAF has used the idea, at least not that I've noticed.

The end of that last page was pretty good, But I reckon we can do better. Therefore this page is now about Pinkie Pie.

fuenf said:
May i join the party? "Hi, my name is fuenf, i'm german, i'm black and i am a brony." ;)
Just dropped by to say how much i like the show and how amazing the stuff is you guys are doing here with all these pictures and gifs!!! :D

I3JUG.jpg

Bakphoon

fuenf said:

Hte5k.jpg

Btw I'm German, too :)

OMG Aero

Hopefully we can correct the mistakes of the past page on this new one.
After all, only one pony can be the true:

But don't be sad Pinkie fans, there is no shame in being second best:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom