• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Link Man said:
derpy_hooves_rollin___by_icebreak23-d48plqs.gif

KTuvo.gif

Orcastar

But Dr. Whooves, Derpy Hooves, it all makes sense now!

Which got me thinking about how pony names and marriage work. We know that ponies can change their name when they get married (Mr. and Mrs. Cake), but does the wife take the husband's last name or vice versa? You could assume that pony society is matriarchal so that the husband takes the wife's name. So if, just for the sake or argument, Big Mackintosh were to marry Twilight Sparkle, would his name become Big Sparkle? Or if it's the other way around, would Twilight become Twilight Macintosh? What about ponies that only have one name, like Fluttershy?

These are very important questions, dammit!

Well back home from vacation. Now I have a TON of Pony stuff to catch up on. My mom had one of those annoying limited bandwidth ISPs which kinda made watching lots of internet videos a problem. I checked the threads and ED when I could, but when the new episode aired I went on complete blackout.

Just watched Sisterhooves Social. I liked it a lot. There was no over the top crazy. Just a down to earth dawww episode. I know some of us were saying last season how great it would be if we got some solo CMC focus and I'm really happy to see it. Now we just need Scootaloo. I agree with the above that this certainly isn't a good episode to show people how "crazy different" the new MLP is.

Speaking of new people. Little brother's totally hooked now, but my mom just wasn't seeing anything special about it. I think the problem was I showed her a bunch of Phineas and Ferb first, which she really liked, and she went into Ponies expecting the same kind of humor and silliness. Now I'm really hoping for either some kind of new, awesome griffon character, or a redeemed Gilda, since I think that's the one thing to hook her in (SHe's a sucker for Griffons and was quite saddened to see the only one in the series so far turned out to just a bully)

As for Season 3. I'm not worried. I mean for starters, G4 will end someday, you know, "All good things..." and all. It does make me sad thinking about this whole fandom dying down to a cherished memory of what was. But hey, you can say that about life too, so I just look forward and enjoy what we have now. I still think this, in turn, can lead to an enjoyable G5 now that Lauren's opened the door to making such an enjoyable show. We'll just have to wait and see.

And plus, like Faust leaving, I'm sure Rob Renzetti, just couldn't keep up with the "commute" and long distance collaborating like Lauren

Myke Greywolf said:
100% head canon. 100% adorable. I don't have anything against this - I only hold something against the people who take it too seriously. By itself, I love it.

Totally agreed on all counts. I kinda like how people are making up for this. Does the new pony have a name yet?

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Professor Beef said:
To be fair, children's laughter is pretty damn annoying.
I was stuck on a bus for 45 minutes this morning sat 2 seats behind some annoying little girl who wouldn't shut the fuck up.

>:|

Myke Greywolf said:
100% head canon. 100% adorable. I don't have anything against this - I only hold something against the people who take it too seriously. By itself, I love it.
This is my feelings on it as well. I thought it was a really cute comic and a funny way to incorporate the newest details from ep 5 together with the frequent pairings of her and the doc in fanart. Some people just take this kinda stuff too seriously, whereas I am easily able to enjoy the fandom stuff like this and not let it interfere with my enjoyment of the actual show or vice versa.

Link Man said:
Why are they in diap.... you know what, on second thought I don't want to know.

Sciz

DrForester said:
Soarin is pretty awesome.

*gala wonderbolts*
I was wondering if anyone else had ever picked up on that. There are two or three more Wonderbolt models that didn't show up at the gala, so it always struck me as a bit odd that the wide shot there did such a good job of not repeating them except for Soarin'. I'm running with the explanation that they're brothers.

Orcastar said:
Which got me thinking about how pony names and marriage work. We know that ponies can change their name when they get married (Mr. and Mrs. Cake), but does the wife take the husband's last name or vice versa? You could assume that pony society is matriarchal so that the husband takes the wife's name. So if, just for the sake or argument, Big Mackintosh were to marry Twilight Sparkle, would his name become Big Sparkle? Or if it's the other way around, would Twilight become Twilight Macintosh? What about ponies that only have one name, like Fluttershy?

These are very important questions, dammit!
The Cakes are named Carrot Cake and Cup Cake, and given their cutie marks, those were their names long before they were married. In general I would assume that ponies don't change their names at all.

There have been people who pretended to Hub / Hasbro before to get vids removed from Youtube so it could be that again. However, if the DVD releases turn out to be true I can understand them finally cracking down on getting the vids taken off Youtube.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
I called out Prince Blueblood on a typo and he responded: "DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO TYPE WITH HOOVES?!"

I require a witty retort, any ideas?

Sciz

Thnikkaman said:
I called out Prince Blueblood on a typo and he responded: "DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO TYPE WITH HOOVES?!"

I require a witty retort, any ideas?
That Strong Bad guy always got on fine with boxing gloves. No excuse.

kyubajin said:
Did you guys hear about FROM making Gundam Unicorn? :D Any Pony crossover already?
I went into the thread for that and was sorely disappointed at the lack of references.

I mean, there were plenty of pony shoutouts in the Sex With Animals Linked to Penile Cancer thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom