• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
CHEEZMO™ said:
This more your taste?

sBGdR.jpg

Saved

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
uaAFP.png

quality of the lineart has probably downgraded a bit from yesterday, but hey its day 3. the arms probably aren't the right size for their distance from each other, but i am happy with the head, which is a shape that has vexed me so.

criticize me now ponygaf.

Oh Cheezmo you card, I can't help but find this turn of events hilarious.

And i'd be careful Pandaman, there is a hint of human body posing in your picture which will continue to tear this thread asunder! I can't actually offer much serious criticism because I don't know the details of drawing ponies nor can I make good use of colour at all, just keep on going and your skills will improve.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Pandaman said:
uaAFP.png

quality of the lineart has probably downgraded a bit from yesterday, but hey its day 3. the arms probably aren't the right size for their distance from each other, but i am happy with the head, which is a shape that has vexed me so.

criticize me now ponygaf.
I liked your previous one better, because you weren't going for a human-like pose. Upright ponies are very tricky: they don't really have shoulders. Did you use a reference?

CHEEZMO™ said:

wOkSm.png

I'm OK with this.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Myke Greywolf said:
I liked your previous one better, because you weren't going for a human-like pose. Upright ponies are very tricky; Did you use a reference?
im a rebel without a cause myke, i draw my ponies every which way!

and no, i couldnt find anything sitting at the angle i wanted so i just winged it.

Calpain

In an effort to get the thread back to as normal as it can be, looks like Moe has made another awesome picture for our perusal:

Also, have a cute pic of Derpy by Noel:

Void Insanity said:
Fuck off zealous. This shit needs to be purged from the net.
Someone who used to frequent this thread derailed things on an anti-Furry rant that spanned pages, yet he voluntarily participated in a crudely drawn comic with a plot about fighting Panda for the romantic attention of Belle Eve.

Do you have something you want to come out and talk about? We don't judge.

Pandaman said:
im a rebel without a cause myke, i draw my ponies every which way!

and no, i couldnt find anything sitting at the angle i wanted so i just winged it.

Hmmm, what about Lyra on the bench or Twilight / Pinkie Pie sitting at a table? I'm sure there are a few sources you could use from the show as reference.

Uchip

Banned
there is nothing perverted about my avatar or its source

yours on the other hand!
look at that grin, that can only mean trouble

Narag

Uchip said:
there is nothing perverted about my avatar or its source

yours on the other hand!
look at that grin, that can only mean trouble

His is admiring his fine post. Yours is
still
looking at me.

Over 1700 posts in 8 days... I got a strong feeling we are gonna need another thread before Season 2 starts.

On the subject of human pics:
These are 3 of my favorite MLP FiM related pics:

(Click for full size)
Yes, I like the CMCs.

I can't see how them being humans instead of ponies automatically means there is something intrinsically wrong with the pics, as some would try to argue. I suppose others must see things in pics that I just don't understand. All I see is unique artwork that showcases interesting interpretations of X character in Y setting.

This reminds me I still need to seek out and watch AT. Hmmm, I think I have a plan for this weekend ^__^.

OT: Speaking of the weekend, are we still having the synchtube at it's normal Sat timeslot? I remember there being doubt about it last weekend.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
AdawgDaFAB said:
Over 1700 posts in 8 days... I got a strong feeling we are gonna need another thread before Season 2 starts.

On the subject of human pics:
These are 3 of my favorite MLP FiM related pics:

(Click for full size)
Yes, I like the CMCs.

I can't see how them being humans instead of ponies automatically means there is something intrinsically wrong with the pics, as some would try to argue. I suppose others must see things in pics that I just don't understand. All I see is unique artwork that showcases interesting interpretations of X character in Y setting.

My problem isn't human ponies, but that 99.9% of them seem to sexualize them. Those ones are fine.

There was actually one I liked quite a bit of silhouette of Celestia on one side, and Luna, upside down, on the other side.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
DrForester said:
My problem isn't human ponies, but that 99.9% of them seem to sexualize them. Those ones are fine.
thats only because you personally are more comfortable seeing the ponies as sexual options in human form.

don't go projecting on everyone now.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
DrForester said:
Don't have Midnight Equestria as your sole source of human ponies, then.

DrForester said:

I think 99.9% is waaaay to exaggerated.

Plus, they don't have to be humanized to be r34/sexualized. There is just as large an amount of questionable art of them as ponies as there is questionable human art for the series. I think the problem with a lot of people may be that once they have seen any kind of questionable humanized pic, they automatically associate ALL of them with said pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom