• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_lxdgp5jGJ81r2yxu9o1_500.jpg

kunonabi

One of my local news channels was running a promo for a children's toy drive they were going to cover and they flashed through various toys really quickly but started off with a lengthy, lingering look at some My Little Pony toys.

MrWhitefolks

Neo Member

Good lord I wish I knew how to resize thumbnails and make shit not look horrific (I also wish this laptop supported AA in any form whatsoever so this image wasn't so damn jagged). Either way I hope someone get's a kick out of it. :|

Cheerilee

Good lord I wish I knew how to resize thumbnails and make shit not look horrific

Take advantage of Gaf's new image quote feature. Just post the full size image (you can embed a link to the original source if you're feeling nice) with [img] tags and then wrap [quote] tags around the whole thing.

If anyone right-clicks and says "view image" (or whatever it is in their browser) they can see the full pic. Especially useful if you view the pic in a new tab.

Like this. No thumbnail needed.

Link Man

Banned
Take advantage of Gaf's new image quote feature. Just post the full size image (you can embed a link to the original source if you're feeling nice) with [img] tags and then wrap [quote] tags around the whole thing.

If anyone right-clicks and says "view image" (or whatever it is in their browser) they can see the full pic. Especially useful if you view the pic in a new tab.

Like this. No thumbnail needed.
Yes, but the quoted image still has the same file size as the full-size image, so thumbnails are still useful to keep bandwidth down. You also can't quote an image that's already in quotes.

judhudson

Making fun of best CMC, and best princess... Some of you need help.

one day our mutual love for scootaloo will bring us together, forester.

But it is not this day.
FOR A NEW LUNAR FUTURE!

Hey hey, all jokes aside, Scootaloo is my favorite CMC. But I gotta say Luna is my favorite princess. Sorry, Forester ;)

Edit - finally settled on a decent avatar with two best ponies - thanks Forester for finding it.

2paAv.png

What is Neptune's Pride?

No, not that level in Bioshock. It's 4X distilled to its most basic. Like Civilization or Master of Orion, you'll find yourself establishing new colonies, acquiring territory, researching new technology, and making war on your neighbors. Unlike those behemoths, the game is as simple as could be, distilled into the essence of long-term vs. short-term benefit and military vs. economy. You've only got one kind of unit, your basic ship, upgraded by tech levels. Only 4 technologies to reserach, self explanatory of themselves- speed, range, weapons, scanners. And only 3 ways to build infrastructure on your worlds- economy, which increases your money to plow into other infrastructure, technology, which increases rate of research, and industry, which increases the amount of ships you build each period.

So far, very simple. The catch? The timeframe. The game is persistent, taking place over days and weeks instead of hours. Your factories will produce new ships once a day, technologies are researched in days instead of turns, and it can take 12 hours or more for your ships to reach a star system. In the meantime, you can conduct diplomacy with your other players, making research pacts, peace treaties, or anti-player alliances.

The end result is a game you check in on a few times a day, but which you're thinking about constantly. Where plots are hatched in IRC chat rooms and e-mail clients, and you contemplate your next back-stabbing move while taking a shower and brushing your teeth. It kinda reminds me of a geekier fantasy football.

I wanna experience it with people I like, and PonyGAF is awesome. So let's get a game together! Who wants to give it a try? A game should last a month to two months, and we'll need six players. Myke and I are already signed up (thanks for the banner, by the way!), and the map I'm aiming for requires 6 players. It's a smaller map with clustered starting positions, so the game should be over quicker than the standard one, and it'll cut down on micromanagement as well.

If you're curious but unsure of the game, check out this diary of one game that Rock Paper Shotgun published (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/01/02/neptunes-pride-the-complete-epic/). You can also read the introduction (http://np.ironhelmet.com/rules) and tutorial (http://np.ironhelmet.com/tutorial) on their main website

If you find that the game isn't for you, you can bow out and let an AI take over, but that's far from an optimal solution. If you sign up, please make sure you an at least make a good faith effort to stick with the game!

Anyone interested in signing up can post in this thread or PM me.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
http://i.imgur.com/2paAv.png[IMG]

What is Neptune's Pride?

No, not that level in Bioshock. [B]It's 4X distilled to its most basic.[/B] Like Civilization or Master of Orion, you'll find yourself establishing new colonies, acquiring territory, researching new technology, and making war on your neighbors. Unlike those behemoths, the game is as simple as could be, distilled into the essence of long-term vs. short-term benefit and military vs. economy. You've only got one kind of unit, your basic ship, upgraded by tech levels. Only 4 technologies to reserach, self explanatory of themselves- speed, range, weapons, scanners. And only 3 ways to build infrastructure on your worlds- economy, which increases your money to plow into other infrastructure, technology, which increases rate of research, and industry, which increases the amount of ships you build each period.

So far, very simple. The catch? The timeframe. [B]The game is persistent, taking place over days and weeks instead of hours.[/B] Your factories will produce new ships once a day, technologies are researched in days instead of turns, and it can take 12 hours or more for your ships to reach a star system. In the meantime, you can conduct diplomacy with your other players, making research pacts, peace treaties, or anti-player alliances.

The end result is a game you check in on a few times a day, but which you're thinking about constantly. Where plots are hatched in IRC chat rooms and e-mail clients, and you contemplate your next back-stabbing move while taking a shower and brushing your teeth. It kinda reminds me of a geekier fantasy football.

I wanna experience it with people I like, and PonyGAF is awesome. So let's get a game together! Who wants to give it a try? A game should last a month to two months, and we'll need six players. Myke and I are already signed up (thanks for the banner, by the way!), and the map I'm aiming for requires 6 players. It's a smaller map with clustered starting positions, so the game should be over quicker than the standard one, and it'll cut down on micromanagement as well.

If you're curious but unsure of the game, check out this diary of one game that Rock Paper Shotgun published ([url]http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/01/02/neptunes-pride-the-complete-epic/[/url]). You can also read the introduction ([url]http://np.ironhelmet.com/rules[/url]) and tutorial ([url]http://np.ironhelmet.com/tutorial[/url]) on their main website

If you find that the game isn't for you, you can bow out and let an AI take over, but that's far from an optimal solution. If you sign up, please make sure you an at least make a good faith effort to stick with the game!

Anyone interested in signing up can post in this thread or PM me.[/QUOTE]

oh god, its earth/ogame all over again.
i cant do that stuff no more man.
i cant take another fleet crash.
i cant wake up to another ICBM barrage
no moonless accounts man, never again man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom