• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool song.

20% performance increase

Niet. I lurked for 2 years, but only tried to register about 2 weeks ago. I've heard stories, though... stories of 8+ month validation cycles. So I feel fortunate.

Thanks to everyone for the hearty welcome. But if you don't mind Linkman, I'll stay with this avatar I got now. Gotta show some love. Oban represent!

Count yourself lucky, I believe my registration wasn't activated for a good 2 months or so.

And welcome!

judhudson

make your own!

Sadly I cannot work with a needle/sewing. I get frustrated way too easy when trying to sew and things get tangled up due to my poor eyesight. Tried a number of times. But I have commissioned out to have some made for me, it's just a matter of when that person is going to get around to doing them.

Wonderful, now the thread trolls are openly trying to get people to ignore them....

Oh Doctor, as a former Sonic fan, you kind of get used to mixing the good with the bad. Quite frankly, most of those images are not too bad, and even the raunchy stuff is nothing compared to the Sonic fandom....*ugh!*

Not sayin' its right, or wrong, but embrace the chaos! [/Discord]

This is the part where I show I'm not a troll by not reposting all the Sonic/MLP crossover art that's been brought up in the thread several times already.

Scirrocco

I had to wait a little under a year and a half before I got approved. :V

Yikes I thought the 5 months or so I had to wait was a bit on the long side.

Hey Ponygaf, new er... ponygaffer... here. Been lurking in the thread but finally got approved a day or two ago. Rarity is best pony, Rarity x Tom best ship. I do so love drama. Sadly i have nothing approaching artistic skill, so i won't be able to contribute on that front.

While i'm here does anyone remember an old drawing, of the man 6 as hamsters using the elements of harmony defeating hamster Discord? It was posted here a while back but i can't seem to find it since.

Psxphile

New people, yay! Welcome!

Now let's all set a good example...

Ooooh nononono no... I'm afraid that ship's sailed, my friend. Hence the "laughing... and pointing..." comment I made earlier. But I'm still here, so I guess it doesn't really bother me.

I've been keeping notes, though. Which reminds me...
*pulls out tape recorder*
Note to self: antagonistic behavior appears to be a trademark of the more... "fervent"... bronies. Something to consider.
*puts tape recorder away*

This is the part where I show I'm not a troll by not reposting all the Sonic/MLP crossover art that's been brought up in the thread several times already.
VERY well aware, thank you very much! (although some of them are ok artistically some just...ehh)

Anyway, I feel I should contribute. I shall link this, as it is rather WTF-inducing...I don't get the implication myself though.

Via EQD: Linky

Yeah, on one hand I could comment, on the other...nah..=p

OH! Welcome all juniors as well! I generally love to see the back and forth between the two camps of "Keep it Clean!" and "pushing it" parties, but it's all good! Cannot wait for a new episode soon and for more things to see and discuss!

Foxix Von

Huh so I was just out shopping and on a whim I checked out the toy section. Apparently they have started packing in mini DVDs with a single episode with the toys.

This is so annoying, I swear Hasbro is doing everything in their power to avoid a proper dvd/blu ray release. This is so frustrating. Stop rubbing salt in my wound Hasbro :( It isn't even packed in nicely. It's like they just shoved a dvd in the package.

Oh, what! Cool, new people! Hi everyone!

Cheerilee

Huh so I was just out shopping and on a whim I checked out the toy section. Apparently they have started packing in mini DVDs with a single episode with the toys.

This is so annoying, I swear Hasbro is doing everything in their power to avoid a proper dvd/blu ray release. This is so frustrating. Stop rubbing salt in my wound Hasbro :( It isn't even packed in nicely. It's like they just shoved a dvd in the package.

Oh, what! Cool, new people! Hi everyone!

The bonus DVDs have been around for quite a while. They're why people were bugging Hasbro for a complete set. But Hasbro doesn't really make/sell DVDs, so they sold the DVD rights (minus an occasional promo disc) to Shout Factory.

The problem is that Shout Factory knows niche markets, and they know that they'd need 50,000 paying bronies to make an S1 boxset a success, and they don't think we realistically have that many. But Shout Factory does know that if the retail stores allow to you put a $15 DVD in the kids section, ignorant mothers will buy it for their daughters, and it will be a financial success no matter what it's content is like. We gamers have a word for that. We call it shovelware. And being shovelware is more important than being good, which is why the episodes are mixed up.

And the reason why the episodes are available on iTunes in America and nowhere else is because TV rights block Internet streaming rights. Hasbro owns The Hub, and The Hub is cool with us, so The Hub allowed the show to be sold on iTunes. So the reason we can't legally buy the show in Canada is because YTV bought the show and sent it to die on Treehouse.

Basically the whole world just hates us.

Foxix Von

The bonus DVDs have been around for quite a while. They're why people were bugging Hasbro for a complete set. But Hasbro doesn't really make/sell DVDs, so they sold the DVD rights (minus an occasional promo disc) to Shout Factory.

The problem is that Shout Factory knows niche markets, and they know that they'd need 50,000 paying bronies to make an S1 boxset a success, and they don't think we realistically have that many. But Shout Factory does know that if the retail stores allow to you put a $15 DVD in the kids section, ignorant mothers will buy it for their daughters, and it will be a financial success no matter what it's content is like. We gamers have a word for that. We call it shovelware. And being shovelware is more important than being good, which is why the episodes are mixed up.

And the reason why the episodes are available on iTunes in America and nowhere else is because TV rights block Internet streaming rights. Hasbro owns The Hub, and The Hub is cool with us, so The Hub allowed the show to be sold on iTunes. So the reason we can't legally buy the show in Canada is because YTV bought the show and sent it to die on Treehouse.

Basically the whole world just hates us.

Ah I wasn't aware the rights being manipulated like that. Crap. Well thanks for the info. I've been way too out of the loop lately :( This is horrible because I legitimately WANT to pay these people money for a product they refuse to release.

guys

GUYS

SRSLY U GUISE

IDEEEEEEEA-(n1319010264482).jpg

What if we had an MLP shadowcast

with shout outs and stuff

It would be like Rocky Horror

We could like throw bananas at the screen when NMM gets attacked by the elements of harmony

how awesome is this idea y/n

akira28

CHEEZMO™;34448844 said:

from the urban dictionary:
shadow cast
A shadow cast is when there is screening of a movie and people will shadow the movie in costume. Most known for the Rocky Horror Picture Show having thousands of shadow casts in America. All of the time they will be held at night or in the morning so the theater won't loose any money showing it. Also the group performing needs to rent the movie from the company that realsed the film. Most of the time the shadow cast is of cult films.

and I'm guessing bananas because Luna likes bananas?

I like the idea.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Woah. That's an amazing and style-faithful adaptation.

Do we finally have a version of Pip worth discussing?

guys

GUYS

SRSLY U GUISE

What if we had an MLP shadowcast

with shout outs and stuff

It would be like Rocky Horror

We could like throw bananas at the screen when NMM gets attacked by the elements of harmony

how awesome is this idea y/n

Bring it to D.C. and I'll consider going.

Unless we're doing it online, which could prove equally if not more hilariously awkward.

Woah. That's an amazing and style-faithful adaptation.

Do we finally have a version of Pip worth discussing?

Bring it to D.C. and I'll consider going.

Unless we're doing it online, which could prove equally if not more hilariously awkward.

I was thinking it would be perfect for conventions. They often already have Rocky Horror shadowcasts anyway.

McNum

Oh, fair warning. If you do NOT want to be spoiled for the new episode yet, don't go to Equestria Daily right now.

The current first post has a spoilery headline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom