• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acerac

Banned
Posting as a quick check in from PonyGAFs first couple, Acerac and Firehead; we've been having tons of fun with his visit from Alabama to New York. Just wanted to give a quick thank you to the community that made this possible. You guys are amazing!

Scirrocco

Zzzzzz...

Kill all Equines... Kill all Equines....

Zzzzz

That Amy pony though looks almost exactly like the real Amy wong, save being a quadraped.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Posting as a quick check in from PonyGAFs first couple, Acerac and Firehead; we've been having tons of fun with his visit from Alabama to New York. Just wanted to give a quick thank you to the community that made this possible. You guys are amazing!

Bastards.

*crosses arms in a huff*

Y7Tpw.gif

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member

I posted this .gif earlier on this page, but I feel it's even more appropriate for ya'll:

ijhVgOkKMiyI4.gif

Wish you guys the best. Come home soon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRJnnrjuDao

Anyway, since Choppa beat me to Livingmachines's latest uploads, here's a different artist to provide us with scenes from My Little Waifus, our favorite anime about college aged human females

last_roundup_2_by_glancojusticar-d4nr068.jpg

You know, i was looking the other day to the piece he also did of The Last Roundup. Is really great what he did with both and the comic format. Also the characters feel alive and fast with all that well implemented cinematic lines and exagerated movement.
I was seeing other works he did before and they are not so great, but this ones are amazing and I love watching people getting better at drawing as time passes by.
I hope he does more of this for other episodes.

AztecSoul

All right people, I just got 1 invitation for Steam Mobile beta, and I only offering for you PonyGAF, the fist post who quotes me wins the invite

Look at Lyra in the back.

Is that pose from another episode? It looks familiar

Actually I noticed this throughout the WHOLE episode...she was high on something (maybe all those Bon Bons in one area...hmm). Especially during the actual competition, she was doing the same bounce and everything at least 3 or 4 times.

I don't mind, I would love a new character to seek out, and she still seems close to her friend in most other scenes too. Oh, and noticed a few odd cutie marks (the dolphin and dolphin swirl one and an anchor one I could not explain) for other background ponies.

Actually I noticed this throughout the WHOLE episode...she was high on something (maybe all those Bon Bons in one area...hmm). Especially during the actual competition, she was doing the same bounce and everything at least 3 or 4 times.

I don't mind, I would love a new character to seek out, and she still seems close to her friend in most other scenes too. Oh, and noticed a few odd cutie marks (the dolphin and dolphin swirl one and an anchor one I could not explain) for other background ponies.

Notice the Thor pony? There's a brown blonde pony near the end of the song with a hammer & lightning cutie mark.

Cheerilee

So Shout Factory basically hates us (as if we didn't know that already).

http://www.shoutfactory.com/community/5243/thread.aspx
http://twitter.com/#!/BWard028/status/162713590212739073

Basically, MLP:FIM's not getting dual DVD/Blu box sets like Transformers. We have to suffer through standard definition. And single discs. And rearranged episodes.

Someone started a thread on Shout's forum the other day asking why (although it's sort of been explained before but not well).

Brian Ward: Because children. Also, the single discs aren't testing the waters for a box set. MLP box sets are not happening.

Helpful user: Well, we could just legally buy all the single discs and rip them and rearrange the episodes and make custom box sets for ourselves, and then leave the homemade box next to the single discs on our shelves. It's still not HD, but it's something.

Brian Ward: No. Rearranging you own legally purchased episodes into a box is piracy. Suffer.

Someone asks if he's actually made or seen any sort of market research as to the size of the brony audience, because he thinks it's big and maybe it's worth it.

Brian Ward: Sarcastic comment.

Someone points out that his first DVD with rearranged episodes has the freaking Derpy episode on it.

Brian tweets that he hates things that were born on the internet.

At this point I'm seriously thinking I should just cancel my preorder of the first DVD.

brian577

Banned
I really don't see why it should matter if they're in box sets or not. One way or another parents are going to end up buying them for their screaming children.

Cheerilee

I really don't see why it should matter if they're in box sets or not. One way or another parents are going to end up buying them for their screaming children.

Brian said earlier that parents would rather buy one DVD for $15 than a four-DVD set for $30. When you put disc two on the shelves, the parents might buy disc two (and not care that they could've had twice the content for the same price), or it might be entirely different parents buying disc two not knowing or caring that there's a disc one.

Basically, shovelware.

What I don't get is why the episodes are scrambled. He referred to it as having "themed" episodes, but there's really no theme in the first disc, and ignorant parents wouldn't care anyways, and there's an entire second market that does care about the episodes being in proper order.

Orcastar

Oh wow. Earlier it seemed that there was some hope for full season box sets if the individual discs sold well, but now they're flat-out saying it will never happen. Not cool.

I'm sure Transformers has a bigger adult demographic than MLP, but reading Brian's comments, it seems he doesn't acknowledge that there's an adult demographic for MLP at all.

http://twitter.com/#!/BWard028/status/162713590212739073

Basically, MLP:FIM's not getting dual DVD/Blu box sets like Transformers. We have to suffer through standard definition. And single discs. And rearranged episodes.

Someone started a thread on Shout's forum the other day asking why (although it's sort of been explained before but not well).

Brian Ward: Because children. Also, the single discs aren't testing the waters for a box set. MLP box sets are not happening.

Helpful user: Well, we could just legally buy all the single discs and rip them and rearrange the episodes and make custom box sets for ourselves, and then leave the homemade box next to the single discs on our shelves. It's still not HD, but it's something.

Brian Ward: No. Rearranging you own legally purchased episodes into a box is piracy. Suffer.

Someone asks if he's actually made or seen any sort of market research as to the size of the brony audience, because he thinks it's big and maybe it's worth it.

Someone points out that his first DVD with rearranged episodes has the freaking Derpy episode on it.

At this point I'm seriously thinking I should just cancel my preorder of the first DVD.

And then they ask why megaupload existed and was so used in europe.
This guy is an idiot.
SMH.

Cheerilee

Might as well just download them in iTunes.

If you're not in the USA, buying region-locked content from the US store with an untraceable gift card makes you guilty of e-fraud.

And if I'm going to pick my crime, piracy is easier and gives me a superior product. Unless I commit some additional crimes to improve the product.

I dunno. I'm considering it.

Edit: I'd be content if Shout even just tossed us a rope, like if they said "We recognize the passionate online following this show has received, but we have concerns as to the actual size of the online fanbase, and well as how it may have been diluted by iTunes sales and piracy. We'll be keeping a close eye on sales from online retailers like Amazon.com and may change our marketing based on the results."

If they said that (a month ago) we'd have nothing to bitch about.

What I don't get is why the episodes are scrambled. He referred to it as having "themed" episodes, but there's really no theme in the first disc, and ignorant parents wouldn't care anyways, and there's an entire second market that does care about the episodes being in proper order.
Well, actually, barring the first two-parter which really doesn't fit into this "theme" whatsoever, the other three episodes share the connection of featuring trains. It's a really tenuous connection, but it's there.

As for iTunes, I have no idea who's in charge of uploading the episodes, but they're not doing a very good job. I mean, look at this mess. They'd uploaded "Hearth's Warming Eve" as 13 originally (as it is in production order), but then moved it to 11 (as it is in airdate order). Then, several weeks later, uploaded "Family Appreciation Day" and "Baby Cakes" as 11 and 12, respectively (again, as per production order) without moving "HWE" back to 13, meaning there are two episode 11s. They didn't fix it when they uploaded "The Last Roundup" to 14, either, but it gets better. Now that they've uploaded "The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000" to 15... "The Last Roundup" is completely missing.

Seriously, what on Earth's going on over there? I can consider the two 11s thing a minor problem, but dropping an episode you'd already uploaded - one whose position wasn't in a bit of a production-vs-airdate quagmire?

...sorry, I'm taking this way too seriously. Admittedly the promise of no boxset has me a little miffed, but, well, it's just a show, I should really just relax (for Mystery Science Theaateeer Three-thoooousaaaaand)...

EDIT: On a less ARRRRGH MUST RANT NOW note, Brain said the episodes on the DVD are 1.78:1 anamorphic. If that's true, then wouldn't that make them wider than normal releases? I'm hoping that'd mean horiz+ and not vert-, though, or else this DVD really would be the pits.

Notice the Thor pony? There's a brown blonde pony near the end of the song with a hammer & lightning cutie mark.

Sadly though many people noticed them. What I want to know is, WHAT DOES A DOLPHIN CUTIE MARK MEAN??? As far has been shown, we have not seen many sea creature (Steve Magnet excluded), so it's a mystery for now. The anchor one I am dubbing 'Jacque' after my sister...as my she is as lazy and useless as an anchor sometimes; yes, I am mean...=p

Of course it could all be so random...hehehe. I still never understood the point of a pony who pops balloons or things like that either.

RE: Shout Factory. [rant]

You know this does piss me off. I do have the ability to buy iTunes episodes and support the show (hell, I even bought a Pinkie Pie stuffed pillow recently...for my sister! I am a Fluttershy guy ;p), but I want alternatives! I like being able to have DVDs to rip into any random format, like PSP formats, to watch on the go. This SHOULD have been handled like the Adventure Time DVDs, sell some with episode orders to a theme, and then later on, make a comprehensive DVD set when ready.

Hell, I'll take a 'limited edition' online only run of this series...something ANYTHING! I hate that Hasbro and Shout Factory hate us. Then again I hated how they made an 'inferior' block system (Kreo) of Transformer sets. I know Lego and even Megabloks have there own overhead, but I like those companies, Kreo...ugh irks me. I bring this up, as if there is any chance of there being MLP:FiM sets, it'll probably be using that company. =/

[/rant over]

Theonik

http://twitter.com/#!/BWard028/statu...13590212739073

This whole exchange makes me so angry... It's not even the fact I'm bitter at not having Bluray releases, it's the whole condescending attitude that pisses me off. Then that piracy comment. Ugh...

judhudson

See, stuff like what Brian wrote pisses me off. If you bought the series on iTunes then you should have every right to backup your data and put them onto DVDs if you wish. That's how I made my Season 1 Boxset, and when they put up Season 2, I'll be making another purchase and do the same.

What I hate is that he won't even try to acknowledge the fanbase. How hard for him would it to be to create an interest/pre-order page? That way, he can see first hand how many people would want it, and if they got enough orders to fill (if I remember, he said it would have to be about 30,000 copies if they were planning on being sucessful) then they should be able to make it.

I know 30,000 fans is a lot, but it's just sad that he won't even consider attempting something like that. I'd put in an order for sure for a Bluray boxset.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
EqD and other pony sites need to mobilize and starting making that thread grow. It would either drive that Brian guy mad or make Shout Factory wake up, and both possibilities would be interesting, each in its own way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom