• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calpain said:
All righty:
http://i.imgur.com/CGJqK.jpg

Is a human acting Lyra close enough?;)
Fantastic yet again!

Void Insanity said:
Then I'll keep posting Companion Cube Ponies.
I don't think Fluttershy would mind!
1309401672698.png

If you think that cleavage is bad, I found one hell of an abomination of best pony while searching for a companion cube version.
Cheezmo do NOT fucking post it

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Firehead said:
Right, I'm giving away a copy of Secret of the Magic Crystals - from this video - to somepony.

Just PM me with your Steam profile to be entered (I'll be using a random number generator to choose the winner, so first PM would be number one, second person would be second, etc.)

The giveaway will be open until 9PM EST (about 2 hours).
Lol, why not. It even has Steam achievements for my freshly linked Facebook profile.

Firehead

OMG Aero said:
Is this really a giveaway or is it actually a punishment?
Heh, I actually enjoy it somewhat.

Firehead said:
Right, I'm giving away a copy of Secret of the Magic Crystals - from this video - to somepony.

Just PM me with your Steam profile to be entered (I'll be using a random number generator to choose the winner, so first PM would be number one, second person would be second, etc.)

About thirty minutes left~

Adelor Lyon said:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-j60a7T_kUOQ/Tg1Y60PNhuI/AAAAAAAAGxM/n7JUZrDweuU/s1600/lets_go_home_by_tsitra360-d3kkllf.jpg[IMG]
HHNNNNNGGGGGGG...!!!! *poof!*[/QUOTE]
Now why can't we have more of this?

Bakphoon

Adelor Lyon said:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-j60a7T_kUOQ/Tg1Y60PNhuI/AAAAAAAAGxM/n7JUZrDweuU/s1600/lets_go_home_by_tsitra360-d3kkllf.jpg[IMG]
HHNNNNNGGGGGGG...!!!! *poof!*[/QUOTE]

I like it, but her eyes look creepy :(

EDIT:

Original Lauren Faust Pinkie Pie Concept Art:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/OlJSG.jpg

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Adelor Lyon said:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-j60a7T_kUOQ/Tg1Y60PNhuI/AAAAAAAAGxM/n7JUZrDweuU/s1600/lets_go_home_by_tsitra360-d3kkllf.jpg

This picture is more disturbing than some of those human pony pics.

CHEEZMO™ said:
'Cause it's creepy as fuck.
Eyup!

I said this in PonyChat but Pinkie is better as an earth pony. The stuff she can do is even more impressive w/out having winged flight. The first time she bust out a flying machine to chase Dash I legit bust out laughing.

burningranger

Neo Member
I'll be the first to admit, the Rarity comic is a bit out of character for her imo. (outside of the last few frames) But I won't dog something that was really well done like that. Fandom, especially of something the size FiM has grown into, it always going to have it's different takes on characters and the world itself.

Firehead

Firehead said:

And the winner is...

The second PM, which is...

Zomba13!

Cheerilee

Myke Greywolf said:
I am sorry, but I will have to argue with you, in this case.
You won't ever need to apologize for that.

[brohoof]

It is true that Rarity needs no "enhancements" to be great. But I see absolutely no harm in fans imagining her to have this particular advantage, especially when it fits nicely with what we've seen of her, and particularly when combined with this particular application. It's a small thrill to see her portrayed as being a "closet badass", and we can imagine it as being her little secret, shared with us (as inconsequential as it may be).

It's fun. I will not let this particular thing carry the way I perceive the character, canon-wise. I'm OK with this.
At face value, I'd agree that there's nothing wrong with Rarity being a "gifted" telekinetic, but suggesting that she is gifted, while at the same time suggesting that Twilight and other Unicorns aren't similarly gifted, as a counterpoint to Twilight's massive power level, says to me that somebody has inadequacy issues.

Rarity has nothing to prove. There is no competition between her and Twilight. Twilight and Rainbow Dash are god-tier with magic and flying. Rarity and Fluttershy are god-tier without magic and flying.

Rarity using telekinesis in her job is comparable to someone having a job working with their hands. It means you're good with your hands, which is a fairly common thing. I'd expect "telekinetic manipulation of fine tools" to be the #1 career path for Unicorn Ponies, since the other two races are stuck with clumsy hooves. Rarity's gift (among Unicorns) isn't her ability to use a needle and thread, it's knowing how to make ordinary fabric beautiful using a needle and thread.

And just to restate, this doesn't conflict with the actual comic (which is pretty great). Just one of the background ideas.

I would think that Celestia's second cousin twice removed, the kind and handsome and charming one who can't seem to find the right girl, the one who was mysteriously sent off on an errand during the Gala while Celestia specifically invited his rude jerk of a brother... I think that he probably also enjoys archery, and it's a sport of few like-minded individuals, not the exclusive domain of gifted ponies (unless you count the Unicorn gift).

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
AdawgDaFAB said:
This might be old, not sure if it was posted here or not, but it's gotten some good laughs out of all the friends I showed it to:

Why does Applejack have fears though, since she has relatives from other fruits?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Regulus Tera said:
Isn't that the same artist who drew the Derpy handjob?
yep

Ookami-kun said:
Why does Applejack have fears though, since she has relatives from other fruits?
those were respectable tree farmers though, not some dirty knee shrub pickers.

NEO0MJ

Ookami-kun said:

She might be a bastard! After all every other member of the Ponyville Apple family has an apple related cutie mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom