• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bakphoon

Card Games on Ponies

hmHuj.jpg

Source

Orayn

Have any of you fine people heard of a fighting game in development called Mane6? It's been started by some of the intrepid pony fans, and what we've seen of it so far looks pretty good. They've got a YouTube channel with a gameplay video, a thread on Ponychan, and a Google docs FAQ.

We're supposed to have a release with the eponymous part of the cast by the end of the year, with a few dozen other characters to come in the following months. Apparently most of the team are veteran fighting game players, so this definitely isn't going to be some half-baked MUGEN mess. (They're using Fighter Maker 2002 and paying very close attention to balance and good mechanics.)

Nishastra

Banned
CHEEZMO™ said:
Cпасибо!
Добро пожаловать!

Orayn said:
Have any of you fine people heard of a fighting game in development called Mane6?
Of course we have, but it's named Fighting is Magic :p

I am looking forward to it greatly!

Calpain

Orayn said:
Have any of you fine people heard of a fighting game in development called Mane6? It's been started by some of the intrepid pony fans, and what we've seen of it so far looks pretty good. They've got a YouTube channel with a gameplay video, a thread on Ponychan, and a Google docs FAQ.

We're supposed to have a release with the eponymous part of the cast by the end of the year, with a few dozen other characters to come in the following months. Apparently most of the team are veteran fighting game players, so this definitely isn't going to be some half-baked MUGEN mess. (They're using Fighter Maker 2002 and paying very close attention to balance and good mechanics.)

Yep! And it is looking really good so far. Apparently they have also just launched a website which can be found here:
Mane Six Website

Orayn

This Summer I had planned on getting into fighting games and watching some MLP. Those are both happening, but I did not expect them to combine. It's totally happening now, though.
Also, I hope they go with a Light/Medium/Heavy + Launcher control scheme so I don't have to re-learn all the knowledge I've picked up from Mahvel. :p

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Orayn said:

Yea this was posted before but it definitely deserves more attention. They seem to be putting a great deal of love and care into making this a balanced and fun game instead of just another Pony tech demo, I can really appreciate that. IIRC, they also said they plan to add online play at one point. Pony-GAF tournament anyone?

(I wish these guys would take donations, I really want to support this endeavor.)

Orayn

Pankaks said:
Yea this was posted before but it definitely deserves more attention. They seem to be putting a great deal of love and care into making this a balanced and fun game instead of just another Pony tech demo, I can really appreciate that. IIRC, they also said they plan to add online play at one point. Pony-GAF tournament anyone?

(I wish these guys would take donations, I really want to support this endeavor.)
Yeah, Fighter Maker 2002 supports local and online multiplayer, which will one day allow me to show off all my insanely broken Fluttershy infinites on YouTube. :p
Also, they're using 99% original art and voice acting, which is spectacular when you consider just how easy it would be to make this sort of thing with content lifted from the show, albeit in a much less impressive form.

Orayn said:
Yeah, Fighter Maker 2002 supports local and online multiplayer, which will one day allow me to show off all my insanely broken Fluttershy infinites on YouTube. :p
Also, they're using 99% original art and voice acting, which is spectacular when you consider just how easy it would be to make this sort of thing with content lifted from the show, albeit in a much less impressive form.
Making their own art is a given if this were to be any good. I think I'd rather have the voices lifted from the show though. It's not like there should be a lot of talking in a fighter anyway. The things that should be said could easily be taken from the show. Oh well.

Narag

G-Fex said:
Go on Cheezmo, Top milks picture with more of your own humanized pony pics.

My bet is cheezmo has bdsm ponies

Everyone has a fetish. something something dark magician girl

Orcastar

Whoa, I am invisible no more. Hello PonyGAF!

Damn, I've been waiting for five months to post here but now that I finally can, I don't really know what to say. Guess I'll start the traditional way:

1. Pinkie Pie
2. Twilight
3. Rainbow Dash
4. Fluttershy
5. Rarity
6. Applejack

Also, human ponies are ok in my book, as long as they're tasteful.

Calpain

Orcastar said:

Damn, I've been waiting for five months to post here but now that I finally can, I don't really know what to say. Guess I'll start the traditional way:

1. Pinkie Pie
2. Twilight
3. Rainbow Dash
4. Fluttershy
5. Rarity
6. Applejack

Welcome to the thread, glad to see new faces around here!
Especially someone who likes Twilight.;)

As for human ponies, I'm all right with them as well as long as they're tasteful. I've seen some pretty cool interpretations while searching around the net for pics.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Regulus Tera said:
Is there a way we can convince them to put Belle Eve in the game?
Yes. But it's going to demand a huge effort by all of us to make Belle THE most popular OC in the fandom.

Orcastar said:

1. Pinkie Pie
2. Twilight
3. Rainbow Dash
4. Fluttershy
5. Rarity
6. Applejack

Whoa, this is awesome! Welcome, make yourself at home. :)

Myke Greywolf said:
Yes. But it's going to demand a huge effort by all of us to make Belle THE most popular OC in the fandom.

Whoa, this is awesome! Welcome, make yourself at home. :)
If they were Gaffers, they've probably already considered it and decided not to.

Since they're probably not Gaffers, there's no way Belle or any other OC is getting in.

I saw the final episode and now we all know that Fluttershy's friendship comes at a cost. Cross her and your furry little butt will belong to her forevermore.

holy crap
Ookami-kun said:
Holy shit when did Regulus Tera became a human Fluttershy?
I noticed it today and I think it is absolutely awesome.

Narag

Human trollestia gave an extra oomph to his posts.

SolarPowered said:
I saw the final episode and now we all know that Fluttershy's friendship comes at a cost. Cross her and your furry little butt will belong to her forevermore.

holy crap

Eagerly awaiting a chart associating each pony with a different mental illness a la the disney princess/fetish chart.

G-Fex

Ookami-kun said:
Curse you, human ponies! Cuuuuuuuuuuuuurse you!

*shakes fist like William Shatner*

No moe/hentai woman can resist your anthro doggy

Look out Tiff,Ultimoo,FTH and Uchip

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Master Milk said:
Wasn't he rocking that human Trollestia for the longest time though? This is an improvement.

I kinda like it more though.

But then again I'm biased.

G-Fex said:
No moe/hentai woman can resist your anthro doggy

Look out Tiff,Ultimoo,FTH and Uchip

lolwut (also technically how can he be anthro when he's an alien race that just happens to resemble earth's dogs)

Also technically the avy still is in wip

Calpain

Captain Fish said:
Thanks for sharing, Captain! I've been following Siansaar on the Discord stuff and was very impressed by it. I continue to be surprised by how much talent there is out there working on stuff based on the show.
I've never seen so much artwork, videos, music, ect created in such a short of time and of such high quality. Something about the fanbase, the show or both seems to highly motivate people.

G-Fex

Ookami-kun said:
I kinda like it more though.

But then again I'm biased.

lolwut (also technically how can he be anthro when he's an alien race that just happens to resemble earth's dogs)

Also technically the avy still is in wip

Oh yeah that's a far better explanation

I bet you say that to all the doujin girls.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I don't like doujin girls =/

So still no ETA on Season 2 first airing? I hope they're able to do so without Hub going kaput.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom