• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neki

brian577 said:
Our real Facebook surprise.
Capture.JPG
That means I'd have to reveal my identity. >_>

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Amibguous Cad said:
Equestria Daily competitor?

I doubt it. I'd imagine anonymity is important to alot of bronies.

Orcastar

brian577 said:
Capture.JPG
Whole thing seems kinda redundant, what with Ponychan and various pony threads on countless different forums already catering to bronies. I guess they could try to keep it as like a family friendly place for the primary demographic, but is Facebook really the place for that?

Pankaks said:
I doubt it. I'd imagine anonymity is important to alot of bronies.
Yeah, in this thread alone a bunch of people mentioned who their friends don't know they watch the show because they don't want to be ridiculed by them.

tiff

Banned
Orcastar said:
I guess they could try to keep it as like a family friendly place for the primary demographic, but is Facebook really the place for that?
I dunno, my 11 cousin has a Facebook. It's getting younger and younger.

TouchMyBox said:
Chrono Cross easily justifies a play-through for the music alone.
Also, is that not Tara Strong in that behind the scenes video? Doesn't sound/look like her.
Looks/sounds like a stand-in, possibly the voice director herself. Good VO sessions usually have a stand-in for someone to bounce dialogue off of, instead of just reacting to silence.

meltingparappa said:
Looks/sounds like a stand-in, possibly the voice director herself. Good VO sessions usually have a stand-in for someone to bounce dialogue off of, instead of just reacting to silence.

Yeah, just seems a little bit weird to feature stand-ins of your main character for promotional bts content.

Calpain

brian577 said:
Capture.JPG
Hmm, the forum thing seems hokey, but the good news is that it sounds like we might start seeing some cool updates in the near future. They got off to a good start by providing that behind the scenes video (even though it was found by fans hours before the Facebook page could post it) so I look forward to what they post next.

brian577 said:
Not when the VA lives about a thousand miles away.

I'm just imagining her going through all the lines of dialogue in a dark room all alone after the rest of the mane six have already partied :(

So I logged into a facebook account I had lying around in order to "Like" the MLP page and this happened.

8 minutes ago Kevin B
who the fuk is raceht

7 minutes ago Ratchet Lombax
I've saved a few galaxies... Sure you haven't heard of me?
Perhaps of my buddy Clank? He has his own TV show that plays across several sectors.

6 minutes ago Kevin B
ghey
defriend me
pussy

6 minutes ago Ratchet Lombax
Why did you friend me if you are not a fan?
Perhaps a minion of Doctor Nefarious?

6 minutes ago Kevin B
lol

5 minutes ago Ratchet Lombax
Wouldn't surprise me, the doctor is always up to his tricks.
You aren't his butler Lawrence, are you?

5 minutes ago Kevin B
ya so just defriend me please
idk how this happened
nvm figured out how
ur gey
bye

I see I haven't been missing much.

brian577

Banned
I am seriously reconsidering my plan to out myself as a Brony on Facebook. Then again, it might just tell me how many real friends I have.

If your friends hate you because you like Ponies, then you should kill them.
A good friend will just never let you live it down but still hang with you.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
AceBandage said:
A good friend will just never let you live it down but still hang with you.

This, a true friend would never abandon you over liking a TV show.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Don't make a big deal of it and just don't give a shit.

Trust me. If they rib you for it then they will stop I you don't get all worked up about it.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I'm actually rather surprised that the friend I told hasn't given me shit since.

Maybe he's become a closet brony too. :eek:

I've preached the book of twilight sparkle to all of my friends, and only had one threaten me with legal action over it! (that's a pretty good ratio, right?)

and three have watched all 26 eps so far

Pancakes

TouchMyBox said:
I've preached the book of twilight sparkle to all of my friends, and only had one threaten me with legal action over it! (that's a pretty good ratio, right?)

iNpOW.png

I have some friends who liked the show already, I got 5 of my friends to become fans of the show and then a few others to understand why it doesn't suck like they thought it would (even if they don't personally like it). Some who don't watch the show joke around with me about my liking it but it's all in fun, and never done in a mean way. Usually it makes me laugh anyways.

For anyone who would be afraid to tell their friends about a simple cartoon they like to watch - out of fear of harsh ridicule, I would say to them that those don't sound like true, caring friends.

Bakphoon

Myke Greywolf said:
So, how much time before the community manager goes insane and Hasbro pulls the plug?

And hey, one more PonyGAFfer pony!

http://i.imgur.com/hKhfg.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

IT IS....
BEAUTIFUL!!!! :3

I love it!

And good night, see you later.

Orcastar

I've told some of my friends that I like the show and tried to get them to watch, but I've had little success so far. I'm actually surprised how little grief they've given me for it. I still wouldn't be comfortable "announcing" my love for the show on Facebook, though I have thought about it.

Myke Greywolf said:
Wow, this is practically show accurate. Incredible job as always, Myke!

Zomba13

Myke Greywolf said:
So, how much time before the community manager goes insane and Hasbro pulls the plug?

Wow! That's awesome!

Quinnjaminn

Neo Member
Myke Greywolf said:

Fantastic job Myke!
[QUOTE=brian577]I am seriously reconsidering my plan to out myself as a Brony on Facebook. Then again, it might just tell me how many real friends I have.[/QUOTE]
Until a few weeks ago, I avoided letting anyone know about it except for a friend who had also liked Daniel Ingram's page. I "outed" myself on facebook pretty dramatically. I liked the My Little Pony page, DJ Pon3, and added Princess Trollestia to my inspirational people list. The only response was my father liking the Trollestia status change, and 2 messages from friends.

I already have a reputation as being a bit weird among my friends, so I don't think this surprised them that much. One friend gave me a little trouble about it for a few days, but he no longer cares at all. The other friend is pretty much a brony at this point. Obviously it depends on who you are and what kind of friends you have, but I never had a problem with it. I even uploaded pictures with Rainbow Dash cosplayers from Anime Expo to a facebook album. No one cared.

Negator

Pankaks said:
This, a true friend would never abandon you over liking a TV show.

My friend told me that he had lost respect for me for liking My Little Pony.

I told him that if he lost respect for me because of something so trivial, that his respect for me wasn't worth much to begin with.

I think I got my respect points back with that one.

So guys... if Ponyville was started by earth ponies, and Winter Wrap Up sticks to the tradition of ponies limiting themselves to the abilities of earth ponies to the point where unicorns shouldn't use magic, then why is it totally okay for pegasus ponies to fly?

I'm betting I'm the tenth person on GAF to question this.

So I just finished watching the first season, and I loved every minute! (well except the owl episode which I never finished)
And as a newby to GAF I'd love to throw myself into the ranks of PonyGAF if you'll have me! :D

Love everything I've seen in this thread so far, and cant wait for the new season!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
TouchMyBox said:
So guys... if Ponyville was started by earth ponies, and Winter Wrap Up sticks to the tradition of ponies limiting themselves to the abilities of earth ponies to the point where unicorns shouldn't use magic, then why is it totally okay for pegasus ponies to fly?

because pegasus have traditionally controlled the weather throughout equestria to the point where the self regulated everfree forest was considered unnatural

n8

Unconfirmed Member
TouchMyBox said:

Well, I guess there could be multiple ways to look at it.

I don't think it was ever mentioned that Ponyvile was an earth pony town. But if it wasn't, I guess Twilight was singing about doing things the earth pony way because she can't fly like a Pegasus so it's the only other alternative. Flying is a physical thing, unlike magic.

What I don't get is why the ponies need to control the weather and seasons. If there are gods that control the sun and moon, I don't see why there couldn't be weather gods.

Pandaman said:
because pegasus have traditionally controlled the weather throughout equestria to the point where the self regulated everfree forest was considered unnatural

Yeah, that's just how it works. They don't question pegasi causing rain anymore than we question the water cycle. That world is a lot like a zoo, or Phantasy Star 2, it's ecosystem is controlled by the people in charge.

Calpain

Apparently the person who does the Ask Apple Bloom tumblr has opened up a Ask Twilight tumblr as well: Ask Twilight
Edit: Actually, he has a bunch of them! Linked on the Twilight page are Ask Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Derpy, and Vinyl Scratch tumblrs.

ThreeSix said:
Uh Guys? GUYS!? My mind is freaking out so hard right now!
That was pretty awesome! Consider my mind freaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom