• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellis Kim

Banned
So what does Pinkie use instead of a ballpoint pen in her escape?

and which Pony's freshly skinned hide? The one with the mustache, or the other?

Bakphoon

So i drew this today:

(Disclaimer: drawn with mouse)

XRCqC.png

(He feels better :) )

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Owlowiscious said:
Ok. I'm PikaPuff everywhere else on the internet, but here I'm Owlowiscious.

Best Pony: Fluttershy
Best Filly: Scootaloo

Best Pet: Who?

Good man.

I was considering editing a picture to put manly nipples on Scootaloo to change Ookami's mind, but somehow I think that would get misinterpreted.

2th

Banned
Owlowiscious said:
Ok. I'm PikaPuff everywhere else on the internet, but here I'm Owlowiscious.

Best Pony: Rainbow Dash
Best Filly: Scootaloo
Best Pet: Who?

I fixed that for you. Oh and welcome!

Pandaman said:
sweetie belle is barely even a character.

if in season 2 we only ever saw her in the background, we'd probably think she had been fleshed out.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I always though Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo had about the same amount of background. They both look up to an older pony, and they both have clear talents. Scootaloo is the bad ass/tomboy, Sweetie Belle is the naïve kid. Scoot can't fly yet, Belle can't use telekinesis yet.

I think they both have a lot of room for character development, as fan stuff has shown. I just think the CMC gimmick doesn't promote individual character growth*. I think the Scoot stuff in the Owl episode was probably stronger than all of Call of The Cutie in developing that specific relationship.

*It does happen on occasion. For example I think SB mimicking Rarity in Stare Master captured a kid looking up to their older sibling quite well, in a way that's specific to her.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Captain Fish said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I always though Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo had about the same amount of background. They both look up to an older pony, and they both have clear talents. Scootaloo is the bad ass/tomboy, Sweetie Belle is the naïve kid. Scoot can't fly yet, Belle can't use telekinesis yet.

I think they both have a lot of room for character development, as fan stuff has shown. I just think the CMC gimmick doesn't promote individual character growth*. I think the Scoot stuff in the Owl episode was probably stronger than all of Call of The Cutie in developing that specific relationship.

*It does happen on occasion. For example I think SB mimicking Rarity in Stare Master captured a kid looking up to their older sibling quite well, in a way that's specific to her.
i think scootaloos roll as the driving force behind progression in the cutie mark chronicles gives her a few notches more than sweetie in characterization, scoots has motivation and drive that i dont see in sweetie. im not really sure what sweetie wants to do.

I've seen people say Sweetie comes off as slow sometimes with how she reacts to things, but besides that and idolizing her sister she never really did much. AB had her own good character moments before the CMC stuff began and Scoot basically comes off like the de facto leader of the group. SB just kinda is there. I don't dislike her or anything, but there isn't much to her character yet.

SirSwirl

Neo Member
I wouldn't mind seeing some more CMC episodes to expand on the characters more, but on the other hoof, CMC episodes in general I don't want to see a lot of.

So in season 2 we trust.

Edit: ^ So true. ^

Hmm, I guess I never really noticed the Scootaloo leadership stuff in CMChronicles. I totally see it now though. I wonder if it'll continue that way or if it was just in service of the plot/humour of that episode.

Narag

Captain Fish said:
Hmm, I guess I never really noticed the Scootaloo leadership stuff in CMChronicles. I totally see it now though. I wonder if it'll continue that way or if it was just in service of the plot/humour of that episode.

So long as she has the wheels, she'll call the shots!

SirSwirl said:
I wouldn't mind seeing some more CMC episodes to expand on the characters more, but on the other hoof, CMC episodes in general I don't want to see a lot of.

So in season 2 we trust.

Edit: ^ So true. ^

I want more of the CMC integrated with the rest of the cast, rather than having episodes to themselves. They were super cute with the mane 6 in Owl's Well That Ends Well, and Applebloom was great in Bridle Gossip. Just nothing more like the Show Stoppers, please.

Orcastar

Really liked that new commercial. Great shoutout to bronies again with the Equestria Daily app.

Amibguous Cad said:
I want more of the CMC integrated with the rest of the cast, rather than having episodes to themselves. They were super cute with the mane 6 in Owl's Well That Ends Well, and Applebloom was great in Bridle Gossip. Just nothing more like the Show Stoppers, please.
While I don't think Show Stoppers deserves all the hate it gets, I agree that the CMC would work better when playing off the mane 6. More Rainbow Dash idol worship from Scootaloo please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom