• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
That poster is awful.

Tiny Spike
Flying Scoot
The stock overused Celestia and RD vectors that have been used since before the show aired

The nerve to advertize using Derpy after editing the episode

Don't forget PINKIEQUEST Pinkie.

Seriously, just spend half an hour and make a new vector.

I'm more annoyed by the Celestia vector, mostly because it isn't even used in the show. On a fanart note, I'm annoyed by the Luna vector used in the promo shot of Luna Eclipsed

Cheerilee

Meghan McCarthy interview.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdHANCoOZA4

Q: What do you do for MLP:FIM?

A: The first two seasons I was a freelance writer, and then for the next season, season 3, I'm the head writer.

I love how they're giving just enough info to keep my crazy theory going ("head writer" not simply being "what she does now", but what she does specifically in season 3).

Tell us about season 4 already!

Design a Pony contest winner.

tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

Don't forget PINKIEQUEST Pinkie.

Seriously, just spend half an hour and make a new vector.

Or the fact the Pinkie Pie Statue is just a giant replica of her Blind Bag Figure. Which galls me a little. There are much better moulds out there for Pinkie, granted I'm thinking of the Christmas 2011 ornament and the McDonald's toys but still!

As for the vector issue, the UK comic and some of the merch shows SOME variety now, but it's few and far between really : (

It's actually a little sad to look inside the comic, the colouring stuff and stories is okay, but the comic part is always something of a hack-job, where they tried to replicate the style or really early drawings without attempting to even really understand the design or even how the limbs work (also Spike always looks like a zombie because they constantly reuse the same single vector for reference)

About the only saving grace is that the UK comic comes with some neat freebies. Including CELESTIA BANJO

*grumble*

Well, the "Hooves" development is interesting. I noticed WLF's new shirt still has a Tardis in the background as well as a Sonic Screwdriver and Allons-y, and the NAME is what they had to change? Weird.

Well, I guess I gotta go remake my Doctor Whooves Dr. Hooves logo.

brian577

Banned
What's with all the attention Nightmare Moon is getting? She's showing up everywhere. I thought Hasbro hated showcasing villains anyways. So a straight villain is OK now but a formally evil character isn't?

Oh and to make my allegiances clear so there are no doubts. Glory To The Solar Empire!

Orcastar

What's with all the attention Nightmare Moon is getting? She's showing up everywhere. I thought Hasbro hated showcasing villains anyways. So a straight villain is OK now but a formally evil character isn't?

Oh and to make my allegiances clear so there are no doubts. Glory To The Solar Empire!

I'm thinking that Nightmare Moon, Trixie and Vinyl Scratch are just there to promote the toys. Random white Wonderbolt (Surprise) is in the pic too since she's in one of the new toy packs. I doubt it means anything as far as the TV series is concerned.

brian577

Banned
I'm thinking that Nightmare Moon, Trixie and Vinyl Scratch are just there to promote the toys. Random white Wonderbolt (Surprise) is in the pic too since she's in one of the new toy packs. I doubt it means anything as far as the TV series is concerned.

Oh I don't think it will have any impact on the show. I'm was just wondering about the distinct lack of Luna compared to her alter ego.

Cheerilee

What plushie?

I was making a funny.

- "Derpy plushie" seen.

- LuffyZoro asks "How soft is it?"

- Brony convention organizer responds "Hard as a rock."

- I ask "Yeah, but what about the plushie?" I'm suggesting that the organizer was referring to something else.

blamite

I was making a funny.

- "Derpy plushie" seen.

- LuffyZoro asks "How soft is it?"

- Brony convention organizer responds "Hard as a rock."

- I ask "Yeah, but what about the plushie?" I'm suggesting that the organizer was referring to something else.
seriously, why is your avatar always perfect for everything

Zaptruder

Banned
I gave it a shot Brony-GAF. Watched the first two episodes.

I'm mystified. The show is a good show for young girls, like carebears was a good show for young children back in the 80s.

Has such a tremendous following grown around people just been obstinately against been told what they should like? Some kinda contrarian new sincerity movement?

It's like if Jem the 80s hair metal/barbie cartoon suddenly got popular (or was remade), and grown adult men started watching that enmasse, unironically discussing plot lines and hair styles and fashion of the characters.

What is it that sets this show apart from another amazeballs primarily for children show like Adventure Time? I like the hell out of that - pure cocaine addled imagination. How is the community of Brony fans more vocal than even the Avatar TLAB/TLoK community? What the hell is going on here??

Orcastar

I gave it a shot Brony-GAF. Watched the first two episodes.

I'm mystified. The show is a good show for young girls, like carebears was a good show for young children back in the 80s.

Has such a tremendous following grown around people just been obstinately against been told what they should like? Some kinda contrarian new sincerity movement?

It's like if Jem the 80s hair metal/barbie cartoon suddenly got popular (or was remade), and grown adult men started watching that enmasse, unironically discussing plot lines and hair styles and fashion of the characters.

What is it that sets this show apart from another amazeballs primarily for children show like Adventure Time? I like the hell out of that - pure cocaine addled imagination. How is the community of Brony fans more vocal than even the Avatar TLAB/TLoK community? What the hell is going on here??
The general consensus is that the first two episodes are not a very good indication of the quality of the show since they're much more adventurey than the rest of the series, which is more of a slice-of-life comedy. I'd say give it a few more episodes. If you still don't like it after that, then that's OK, it's not for everyone. At least you gave it a shot.

blamite

The general consensus is that the first two episodes are not a very good indication of the quality of the show since they're much more adventurey than the rest of the series, which is more of a slice-of-life comedy. I'd say give it a few more episodes. If you still don't like it after that, then that's OK, it's not for everyone. At least you gave it a shot.
I've said it before, but I'm not a huge fan of the first thurd of the first season in general. There are some good ones there, like Applebuck, Dragonshy, Swarm, but once you get to Bridle Gossip, you start a great run of episodes that sold me on the show.

So, I'd say if you want to see what people like about the show, skip to episode 9 of the first season.

Zaptruder

Banned
I've said it before, but I'm not a huge fan of the first thurd of the first season in general. There are some good ones there, like Applebuck, Dragonshy, Swarm, but once you get to Bridle Gossip, you start a great run of episodes that sold me on the show.

So, I'd say if you want to see what people like about the show, skip to episode 9 of the first season.

Aight. That's a reasonable starting point. Would really have put me off to have watched another 7 eps that was just bland.

Cheerilee

I don't think that's it, but most people can't really explain why this show has clicked with them.

All I know is that I genuinely enjoy watching this show, and it's been at the top of my list for two years. And that PonyGAF is probably my favorite place on the Internet.

Jem was awesome and does need a reboot. Synergy was a freaking 3D projection system from an old drive in theater. Now is totally the right time for Jem. Although for the remake they should definitely cut down on the number of new songs per-episode in favor of better quality songs. Three new songs per-episode was just too ambitious. K-On only had like three new songs per-season, but they were great songs. And the show needed a wider variety of antagonists instead of just relying on The Misfits. This would also let them explore a wider range of music.

Adventure Time and Avatar are both great. The brony community has admiration for a wide selection of great shows, and doesn't take away from them. If anything, it spreads the love when bronies start trading recommendations.

UberTag

Now is totally the right time for Jem. Although for the remake they should definitely cut down on the number of new songs per-episode in favor of better quality songs. Three new songs per-episode was just too ambitious. K-On only had like three new songs per-season, but they were great songs. And the show needed a wider variety of antagonists instead of just relying on The Misfits. This would also let them explore a wider range of music.
More antagonists you say? Sweet... there's still hope for these guys.

stingers.jpg

I want a longer arc than just one episode covering Kimber and Stormer splitting off and forming their own group.
I also want Ashleigh Ball to provide Stormer's voice.

Where do I go to send these suggestions to Hasbro?

This is a really really dumb reason for me, but my problem with Adventure time is that they air TOO MANY episodes. My DVR holds 5 episodes; Adventure Time shows like a different show daily, and the DVR overwrites the new episode before I see it. But yeah I love adventure time. It just really sucks that I never get to watch new episodes, so in turn I can't really go to a thread and gush about it. MLP is a good show, but I think you're partly right in that since it's so different then what people are used to liking, it made this huge fanbase. We've had good shows about humans before, so Korra and Batman and whatever don't need a lot of fanmade stuff. Homestuck is a unique thing, so it's fanbase had a lot of stuff to make. MLP is unique, so it had a lot of stuff to make. Shitty MSPaint art and videogame/real life plot being awesome? Whoa. My Little Pony... being awesome? What? So because there's a giant void/lack of cool pony things, the fanbase can make ANYTHING and someone will love it because it's never been done before. Furthermore, I'd like to add the point that ther--

9czA3.gif

Cheerilee

I also want Ashleigh Ball to provide Stormer's voice.
Susan Blu is still around. She's was the voice of Arcee from Transformers in the 80's, and then became the voice director from Beast Wars up to Transformers Prime. She did a guest appearance in Transformers Animated, but gave up the role of Arcee as a main character for Transformers Prime.

Sadly, she stepped down as voice director because her significant other died.

Perhaps if Stormer had a small role, she might take it. Maybe Ashleigh could cover her singing parts.

Where do I go to send these suggestions to Hasbro?

Hasbro won't take ideas. First they need to be willing to spend money, and then they need a showrunner, and the showrunner makes those kinds of decisions. And the 80's showrunner, Christy Marx, hasn't heard about anything happening.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
CHEEZMO™;39789321 said:
Belt/tail is very clever.

Didn't even realize that the first time looking at it.

Ponies have corrupted my visual acuity. I now only see manes where they should be, not where they aren't.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Hey, you.
Yes, you!

Grimrock is a Steam daily deal today and you can do this with it...

...So I put these together. Notice the typo! I will do new ones with Amethyst Star et all soon.

My Documents/Almost Human Games/Legend of Grimrock and the portraits folder is in there.

Hey, you.
Yes, you!

Grimrock is a Steam daily deal today and you can do this with it...

...So I put these together. Notice the typo! I will do new ones with Amethyst Star et all soon.

My Documents/Almost Human Games/Legend of Grimrock and the portraits folder is in there.

Whoa! Looks rad! I'll have to give those a try upon replay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom