• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razek

Banned
I'll take your word for it.... For now.

Thanks! I'll tell Twi.... I mean my friend I made a frie.

OKAY THIS IS TOO CREEPY FOR ME

Returning to normalcy (I feel embarrassed just writing that stuff):

fluttershy_staring_down_dragon_by_semc-d3en5d6.jpg

Razek

Banned
edit:

Somehow I single highhandedly destroyed the picture I attempted to post.

I DID NOT CLICK POST GAF YOU BE CRAZY

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
That's always been my favorite interpretation of Scootaloo, that she's essentially handicapped for life and will never be a natural flyer like her idol.
It'd be a surprisingly bold (but totally organic) lesson for this show to tackle. Definitely wouldn't mind if it became canon.

And that "raised by deers" episode idea sounded just plain weird lol

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
What surprises me about the Scootaloo thing is that Faust did have creative control of S1 and there are no hints that Scoot is different than other Pegasus ponies. We never see young Pegasus ponies fly outside a few rare occasions, and one of those was the pilot, which has the same pilot oddities any series has. Just doesn't make much sense to me.

That's always been my favorite interpretation of Scootaloo, that she's essentially handicapped for life and will never be a natural flyer like her idol.
It'd be a surprisingly bold (but totally organic) lesson for this show to tackle. Definitely wouldn't mind if it became canon.

Yeah, I'm kinda worried that without Faust we'll end up with a generic, safe, "follow your dreams hurr" thing where Scootaloo ends up flying successfully, missing the point of her being the Scooter pony, and instead giving us Rainbow Dash 2.0.

Razek

Banned
What surprises me about the Scootaloo thing is that Faust did have creative control of S1 and there are no hints that Scoot is different than other Pegasus ponies. We never see young Pegasus ponies fly outside a few rare occasions, and one of those was the pilot, which has the same pilot oddities any series has. Just doesn't make much sense to me.

I think it's implied when she uses a scooter to get around instead of just flying to places.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I think it's implied when she uses a scooter to get around instead of just flying to places.

But we know there's flight school for them to learn to fly. Just like there's magic schools to learn magic. No one says anything about Sweetie Belle not using magic.

Razek

Banned
But we know there's flight school for them to learn to fly. Just like there's magic schools to learn magic. No one says anything about Sweetie Belle not using magic.

Maybe just another plot hole in regards to those?

I guess it depends on the 'view' you want to take because I totally see where you are coming from.

Her being a scooter pony and having the eventual cutie mark shouldn't imply she can't fly.

Lurky

But if she flies, her name loses all meaning. We'll have to rename her Flightaloo.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Yeah, I'm kinda worried that without Faust we'll end up with a generic, safe, "follow your dreams hurr" thing where Scootaloo ends up flying successfully, missing the point of her being the Scooter pony, and instead giving us Rainbow Dash 2.0.

Exactly. Anything to avoid a totally uninspired Rainbow Dash Jr. scenario. Scoot should be an individual and realize you can't always have what you want. A solid lesson.

I know the show is currently in the hands of a smart and talented bunch, but I'll admit, I sometimes wish Faust still had direct creative input.

Cheerilee

Regarding Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy and whether the mane 5 were friends before Twilight came to Ponyville...

In the Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000, Rainbow Dash seems pretty desperate for cider, right? So what does she do? She wakes up early and goes to Fluttershy's house to wake her up early, and drags her naked out of bed.

While dragging Fluttershy incoherently to the event, Dash asks "Don't you remember what happened last year? Or the year before that? Or pretty much any cider season ever? ... Pinkie Pie." This would seem to suggest that Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash have been doing this for years.

And then when they get to the event (where Pinkie has conveniently suggested that half the town should camp overnight), Fluttershy has the spot in line ahead of Rainbow Dash. I don't think anyone would believe that Fluttershy took that spot. Rainbow Dash gave the earlier spot to her. Probably forcefully.

And then Fluttershy gets the last mug of cider. When Rainbow Dash's drink fails to pour, she doesn't for one moment look toward's Fluttershy's drink with envy. She's just mad at Applejack for never making enough for everyone, and mad at Pinkie Pie for hogging too much of it.

And then Fluttershy, noticing how upset Rainbow Dash and the others are getting, says "For the record, I don't mind..." before Rainbow Dash cuts her off sharply and acts as if Fluttershy said nothing. Fluttershy was willing to give up her mug of cider. Rainbow Dash was going to allow none of that. She wants a drink, but she doesn't want Fluttershy's drink, and nobody else is going to take it either. Not on her watch. Not even when she's desperate enough to eat dirt.

FlutterDash is best team.

Va0ix.jpg

WueJp.jpg

$200

Banned
Regarding Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy and whether the mane 5 were friends before Twilight came to Ponyville...

In the Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000, Rainbow Dash seems pretty desperate for cider, right? So what does she do? She wakes up early and goes to Fluttershy's house to wake her up early, and drags her naked out of bed.

While dragging Fluttershy incoherently to the event, Dash asks "Don't you remember what happened last year? Or the year before that? Or pretty much any cider season ever? ... Pinkie Pie." This would seem to suggest that Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash have been doing this for years.

And then when they get to the event (where Pinkie has conveniently suggested that half the town should camp overnight), Fluttershy has the spot in line ahead of Rainbow Dash. I don't think anyone would believe that Fluttershy took that spot. Rainbow Dash gave the earlier spot to her. Probably forcefully.

And then Fluttershy gets the last mug of cider. When Rainbow Dash's drink fails to pour, she doesn't for one moment look toward's Fluttershy's drink with envy. She's just mad at Applejack for never making enough for everyone, and mad at Pinkie Pie for hogging too much of it.

And then Fluttershy, noticing how upset Rainbow Dash and the others are getting, says "For the record, I don't mind..." before Rainbow Dash cuts her off sharply and acts as if Fluttershy said nothing. Fluttershy was willing to give up her mug of cider. Rainbow Dash was going to allow none of that. She wants a drink, but she doesn't want Fluttershy's drink, and nobody else is going to take it either. Not on her watch. Not even when she's desperate enough to eat dirt.

This x100. Even though I don't quite like Fluttershy, when it comes to shipping, FlutterDash is my favourite.

Orcastar

Remember those 5" Target plushies? Well, here are some 12" versions from - you guessed it - WalMart.

1EfUSh.jpg
Now I'll definitely never believe anything I'm told in IRC ever again...

You can't prove that Egophiliac isn't Lauren Faust.
You can't prove that the author of Cupcakes isn't Lauren Faust either. Just saying.

Thanks! I'll tell Twi.... I mean my friend I made a frie.
Hooves off, Twi is mine!

Yet Rainbow Dash was ready to prank Fluttershy in Griffon the Brush Off before Pinkie stopped her and noted that Fluttershy is too sensitive for it.

Cheerilee

Yet Rainbow Dash was ready to prank Fluttershy in Griffon the Brush Off before Pinkie stopped her and noted that Fluttershy is too sensitive for it.

Nobody's perfect.

Also, Pinkie Pie started it by coercing Rainbow Dash into helping her torment Spike, which was apparently a regular occurrence. Then they decided to prank everyone.

And Dash's prank was only going to be squirting Fluttershy with a fake turtle.

That's not a car. It's a van. A rusty old beater van. The side of the tailgate (wait, why does a van have a tailgate?) that doesn't look so rusty has been crudely repaired with another piece of metal, so basically it's even rustier than the rusty side. That van probably has "free candy" written across the side.

bAvOi.png

Or maybe she did it because she had known Fluttershy for way longer than Pinkie and knew she wasn't as sensitive as Pinkie thought, but let her be stopped anyway so she wouldn't look bad in front of her new friend.

Lurky

My god... you people took this page from Fluttershy and turned it into some kind of cheesy horror flick! How could you?

Cheerilee

Just to be scientific about this, I decided to go over the options.

Dash x Fluttershy - excellent
Dash x Twilight - I guess Dash learned to appreciate books
Dash x Rarity - Rarity couldn't make her dress 20% cooler
Dash x Applejack - really good, but no FlutterDash
Dash x Pinkie - meh
Fluttershy x Twilight - ???
Fluttershy x Rarity - they went to the spa together
Fluttershy x Applejack - ???
Fluttershy x Pinkie - ???
Twilight x Rarity - Both Unicorns, but Rarity doesn't magic, nor does she do the opposites-attract thing
Twilight x Applejack - Not bad
Twilight x Pinkie - Pinkie's just a character for Twi to play off
Rarity x Applejack - opposites attract, but not as well as FlutterDash IMO
Rarity x Pinkie - ???
Applejack x Pinkie - ???

Here's a copypasta to make your own.

Dash x Fluttershy -
Dash x Twilight -
Dash x Rarity -
Dash x Applejack -
Dash x Pinkie -
Fluttershy x Twilight -
Fluttershy x Rarity -
Fluttershy x Applejack -
Fluttershy x Pinkie -
Twilight x Rarity -
Twilight x Applejack -
Twilight x Pinkie -
Rarity x Applejack -
Rarity x Pinkie -
Applejack x Pinkie -

everyone, shut up.
I have ~2% share in this thread, and now I'm giving it to DrForester. He's not just beating you by 20 votes, he's beating you by 170.

Xzeon

Banned
I have ~2% share in this thread, and now I'm giving it to DrForester. He's not just beating you by 20 votes, he's beating you by 170.

i thought that said Posts and was like 'wat how can this be.'

i care not for votes, all i need is my own approval.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
i think people are getting sick of it lol.

im bowing out like Gfex, its time.

I shall usher in a new era of Pony Gaf kind!

You will all receive well paying careers!

Your children will be taught the true version of history!

Military benefits!

Apple Pie!

Profit!

Are you ready!?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
everyone, shut up.

Dark Phoenix has found the best thing of all time.

I shall usher in a new era of Pony Gaf kind!

You will all receive well paying careers!

Your children will be taught the true version of history!

Military benefits!

Apple Pie!

Profit!

Are you ready!?

One kings posts that crap from the fanart thread, and the other just proclaims the throne without posting any pictures.

So many false kings.

Lets make this a CMC page.

ynfuc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom