• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

judhudson

I've only got the mane 6 blindbag ponies plus a glittery clear Trixie Lulamoon blindbag and another random blindbag. I also bought some pony stickers a few weeks back. Dunno why since they use those awful official vectors... Oh and I also have the Walmart posters that judhudson was kind enough to send me. Finding frames for them has proven to be more difficult than I imagined. Could be an inches vs centimeters thing...

I've considered buying some of the brushables, but haven't caved yet. However, I just might have to buy the Nightmare Moon set if it ever becomes available here.

Source? I haven't seen any mention of this. Doesn't make sense either way. Except if Cadance is a crystal pony like I speculated before.

Wait, what? I knew Trixie's return had been teased, but evil elements of harmony? Source please!

Check Walmart if you have one in your area. I used the Mainstays 11x17 frame - perfect fit, and only $4 per frame.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I'm cool being President of the Twilight dance club.

Why would you want to embarrass Twilight by drawing attention to her horrible Dancing skills?

93908-adorkableanimateddancingtwilight_sparkle.gif

heck, none of the ponies can dance that well.

Only Gummy has the skillz.

gummy_dance_by_itchymango-d39z705.gif

Cheerilee

You can't shrink the majesty of Trixie.

You can when it's slander. Trixie wouldn't go out of her way to bully a peaceful pony like Fluttershy, she only "bullied" Rarity/AJ/Dash in response to their attempted show-wrecking. She wasn't going around challenging every pony in the world, "The Great and Powerful" Trixie was just an act, the work of an artist, and she stuck her neck out and challenged Rarity/AJ/Dash in a successful bid to protect her art, not because she was drinking her own Kool-aid.

Except Twilight is competent at Magic.
Booo!

Cheerilee

You talk about Trixie as a stage show, but she was the same off stage.

She acted the same off-stage around kids who believed she was real (acted mostly the same, she seemed tired of being bothered off-stage, and had the kids make themselves useful). She dropped the act and her over-the-top style of speaking once the Ursa appeared. And then she tried to fight what she knew to be an unwinnable battle, to try and save a random town and some stupid kids who meant nothing to her.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
After a long art hiatus, I got back to drawing and did this Rarity:

Great fun with lighting, shading and shadows. Took me two days to finish with SAI.

Razek

Banned
She acted the same off-stage around kids who believed she was real (acted mostly the same, she seemed tired of being bothered off-stage, and had the kids make themselves useful). She dropped the act and her over-the-top style of speaking once the Ursa appeared. And then she tried to fight what she knew to be an unwinnable battle, to try and save a random town and some stupid kids who meant nothing to her.

Cheerilee
The transformation is complete.
(Today, 07:53 PM)

Edit: It's better as the tag.

LuffyZoro

After a long art hiatus, I got back to drawing and did this Rarity:

Great fun with lighting, shading and shadows. Took me two days to finish with SAI.

By the way Myke, I've noticed a severe lack of a picture that rhymes with ScootaShot.

Oh, and that Rarity's great, obviously.

Cheerilee

Or we could surmise that Trixie was doing it to save her ego and image. I like Trixie, but I think it's intentional she's supposed to be an egotistical jerk within the canon. I think your right that she wouldn't have started anything if the mane crew hadn't been butting in as usual.

I think I saw four different Trixies.

- Show persona (a fundamental part of her act)
- Improvised show persona (after Rarity/AJ/Dash disrupted her show)
- Tired of performing but still trying to keep up the act (when kids wouldn't leave her alone)
- Real Trixie (in a crisis)
- Improvised show persona again (when making her exit)

I think Real Trixie was being genuine. I don't think you could make her fight a monster just to save her image. The "Trixie" everyone hates would've just ran away and disappeared, and made up a story to cover it afterwards. She knew the monster was undefeatable and was already running scared. I think Trixie did what little she could because she could, while having difficulty trying to explain "an act" to children.

And I don't expect the official canon to do Trixie any favors. Amy Keating Rogers (the new head writer for S3 onward) said in an interview that if Trixie comes back to apologize for what she did, the mane cast would obviously forgive her and she'll be accepted as a good pony, but if she comes back to start shit like last time, she'll stay a villain. AKR apparently doesn't believe Trixie has depth.

I'm gonna have to stick with my headcanon for now. Trixie didn't start shit. Rarity and AJ did. Trixie doesn't need their acceptance.

Xzeon

Banned
this thread moves waaaaaaaaay too damn fast.

and is also just all fan art.

I NEED NEW EPISODES I TIRE OF FAN ART.

also Razek and Luffy are to be brought to the guillotine for treason and betrayal.

so says I, the best.

Razek

Banned
I think I saw four different Trixies.

- Show persona (a fundamental part of her act)
- Improvised show persona (after Rarity/AJ/Dash disrupted her show)
- Tired of performing but still trying to keep up the act (when kids wouldn't leave her alone)
- Real Trixie (in a crisis)
- Improvised show persona again (when making her exit)

I think Real Trixie was being genuine. I don't think you could make her fight a monster just to save her image. The "Trixie" everyone hates would've just ran away and disappeared, and made up a story to cover it afterwards. She knew the monster was undefeatable and was already running scared. I think Trixie did what little she could because she could, while having difficulty trying to explain "an act" to children.

And I don't expect the official canon to do Trixie any favors. Amy Keating Rogers (the new head writer for S3 onward) said in an interview that if Trixie comes back to apologize for what she did, the mane cast would obviously forgive her and she'll be accepted as a good pony, but if she comes back to start shit like last time, she'll stay a villain. AKR apparently doesn't believe Trixie has depth.

I'm gonna have to stick with my headcanon for now. Trixie didn't start shit. Rarity and AJ did. Trixie doesn't need their acceptance.

I took it out of my first post, but I unfortunately agree. If she comes back I can easily see her being written off as that 'pony that never learns'. I hope I'm wrong, I love that episode, but the evidence is pretty strong. It's not her fault she got a 'magic as a source of entertainment' cutie mark. While she took it too far and let her ego get out of control, I genuinely believe her crass attitude is all part of the act.

You know, thinking about it, I could believe maybe she was doing it other than for her ego.

also Razek and Luffy are to be brought to the guillotine for treason and betrayal.

so says I, the best.

No way. It's so sloooowwwwwwwwww. (It's been a very healthy pace lately I think.)
I have betrayed no one. You willingly gave up your position long ago.

LuffyZoro

so says I, the best.

While it's not a *official* episode, here is part one of an excellent Doctor Whooves radio play, and here's the newly released part two.

Will that satisfy you, my subject?

Razek

Banned
no.

get in the ultra guillotine.

Something is messed up with your username. It thinks you're me. My post highlighter extension keeps highlighting your posts as well as mine. It's really bizarre.

Edit: Except now it's only highlighting you sometimes. It didn't highlight the above quote. Hmmmm.

Xzeon

Banned
Gilda needs redemption. She was far more mean, but her design was too awesome to never be seen again.

We've never had a king. Just two guys trying to feel big.

We have Celestia and Luna

lol i love how serious you are taking all of this...

i mean

YOU GO IN THE GUILLOTINE TOO!

Something is messed up with your username. It thinks you're me. My post highlighter extension keeps highlighting your posts as well as mine. It's really bizarre.

Edit: Except now it's only highlighting you sometimes. It didn't highlight the above quote. Hmmmm.

im slowly phasing you out...

i am inside you.

infinite guillotines.

Cheerilee

Gilda needs redemption. She was far more mean, but her design was too awesome to never be seen again.

Gilda was also slightly forgivable because she was getting "frustrated" with Pinkie and Rainbow Dash. That has a tendency to make people very irritable.

We've never had a king. Just two guys trying to feel big.
It's slightly forgivable because they're getting "frustrated" with no new Pony episodes. That has a tendency to make people very irritable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom