• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razek

Banned
Feast your eyes on...

Cute Twilight!

am i doing it rite?

Wow, that comic is really mean. Why does Celestia have to pick on Twilight? I feel she relies on her talent the least compared to some other ponies.

Edit: ^Oh you broke it Link Man, I'm too slow...

LuffyZoro

Wait, I can fix it. Or rather, you should watch in awe for

SCIENTIFIC TWILIGHT!

Rest of the comic is in the description.

And as an added incentive, it contains these panels!

87PhR.png

LuffyZoro

Was the MagicPie supposed to be a play on the Presto(name?) villain from teen titans? Still reading through this all but it's quite funny! (Why can't artists draw the flank line just a tiny bit lower?)
Edit: That was an awesome comic!

I have no idea, but I love it.

Orcastar

Breaking news! Do you want one of these shiny Fluttershy cards?

FluttershyEverfree.jpg

I know I do! If so, fill out this survey and you can get one for free! It doesn't specify US only, but I have no idea.

Filled out the survey, but I don't think a self-addressed envelope stamped here is gonna be valid when sent from the US, so no card for me...

EDIT: Although, what if someone in the US were to send them a stamped envelope addressed to me? Would that work?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So I'm at the Denver Anime convention and there are pony fans everywhere. Dozen's of costumes, and this one dealer in the artist sales area is making a killing selling little $3 chibi pony badges with all the major, and most the fan popular minor characters. And yes, I picked up a Celestia one.

She's such a poser. Probably a narc, too.

Celestia loves to rock!

Razek

Banned

BRB, getting a plane ticket to Canterlot Gardens.

Filled out the survey, but I don't think a self-addressed envelope stamped here is gonna be valid when sent from the US, so no card for me...

EDIT: Although, what if someone in the US were to send them a stamped envelope addressed to me? Would that work?

From what I understand, if someone goes to the post office and sets up a USPS international envelope, they should be able to set it up with correct postage (stamps will be about $1.50) so that the company can just stick it in their bulk mail and all will be well. The only issues arising from that I can see are fitting the international envelope into the initial envelope.

Razek

Banned
I don't mean to begrudge, but when you force sexual undertones on a show that contains characters (especially Pinkie) that have the EI of 12 year olds, it's pretty freaking creepy.

LuffyZoro

I don't mean to begrudge, but when you force sexual undertones on a show that contains characters (especially Pinkie) that have the EI of 12 year olds, it's pretty freaking creepy.

I would probably agree if it showed any of them actually doing sexual things, but I see nothing wrong with that comic.

In other news, I just did an art trade with a good personal friend of mine. Prompt was: "evil pinkie with an axe ontop of a cake that's on fire".

Her's:
glrcU.png

Mine:

I would probably agree if it showed any of them actually doing sexual things, but I see nothing wrong with that comic.

I don't really have a problem with that kind of humor if it doesn't feel forced, which it kind of does in the Pinkie comic. The last line wasn't really needed at all, since the joke was that she doesn't understand the concept of personal space. This comic (Razek: click at your own discretion) was posted here a while ago and I remember chuckling a bit when I read it. I think it does a way better job at setting up the joke, and doesn't feel as forced as in the Pinkie comic.

By the way, I had some difficulties finding this comic since I had to image search in pretty broad terms. I probably could have found it faster if I had searched for "twilight + [punchline] + comic" but I really, really didn't want to search for that. Even though I might be fine with jokes, I really don't want to see ponies doing sexual stuff.

LuffyZoro

I don't really have a problem with that kind of humor if it doesn't feel forced, which it kind of does in the Pinkie comic. The last line wasn't really needed at all, since the joke was that she doesn't understand the concept of personal space. This comic (Razek: click at your own discretion) was posted here a while ago and I remember chuckling a bit when I read it. I think it does a way better job at setting up the joke, and doesn't feel as forced as in the Pinkie comic.

By the way, I had some difficulties finding this comic since I had to image search in pretty broad terms. I probably could have found it faster if I had searched for "twilight + [punchline] + comic" but I really, really didn't want to search for that. Even though I might be fine with jokes, I really don't want to see ponies doing sexual stuff.

I love that comic.

Also, here's a picture by one M. Greywolf that did not get posted for some reason.

Razek

Banned

I knew it was going to be that one before I clicked. I try my best to get around this stuff, but I remember when Luffy posted that the first time during the summer. I was at work and every now and again it would come into my memory and make me depressed. It's just a joke, I get that, but it did kind of bother me. I know I'm hypersensitive and protective of this show though.

Trying my best not to be biased, I agree with you here. Jokes are fine here and there. I don't mind people exploring an entity into different thresholds. The issue is when, like you said, it becomes forced. That's what bothered me on that comic. Why even include it? It didn't help the joke. Even if that Twilight comic bothered me, it still was a nice set up for a very funny joke.

I think the other issue I have is the fanbase and their double standards. The people who claim pony fans are all pedophiles are clearly wrong and doing it for hateful reasons, but when the fanbase lashes back with a resounding "No!" while immediately continuing to make jokes about adults who behave like little girls having sex, it's frankly, a bit embarrassing to be a part of that.

I'm all for the pony fans, but the "They're young adults!" defense is the thinnest thing I've heard.

Edit: Keep in mind, I'm not being bossy and saying "DON'T POST THAT HERE." That's is not my intent. I'm just having a discussion is all.

LuffyZoro

I knew it was going to be that one before I clicked. I try my best to get around this stuff, but I remember when Luffy posted that the first time during the summer. I was at work and every now and again it would come into my memory and make me depressed. It's just a joke, I get that, but it did kind of bother me. I know I'm hypersensitive and protective of this show though.

Trying my best not to be biased, I agree with you here. Jokes are fine here and there. I don't mind people exploring an entity into different thresholds. The issue is when, like you said, it becomes forced. That's what bothered me on that comic. Why even include it? It didn't help the joke. Even if that Twilight comic bothered me, it still was a nice set up for a very funny joke.

I think the other issue I have is the fanbase and their double standards. The people who claim pony fans are all pedophiles are clearly wrong and doing it for hateful reasons, but when the fanbase lashes back with a resounding "No!" while immediately continuing to make jokes about adults who behave like little girls having sex, it's frankly, a bit embarrassing to be a part of that.

I'm all for the pony fans, but the "They're young adults!" defense is the thinnest thing I've heard.

Edit: Keep in mind, I'm not being bossy and saying "DON'T POST THAT HERE." That's is not my intent. I'm just having a discussion is all.

I'm sorry if I've bothered you. Here, have some nice clean art.

LuffyZoro

Oh, sorry. It's hard to tell here sometimes. I thought you were specifically and purposely going against my edit request in an ironic fashion. I apologize.

Oh, I actually have an auto-update extension for GAF, so I don't generally see edits unless I reload, plus, I have a large store of art, most of it innuendo-free, that I wait to post, so that would have been put up sooner or later.

Razek

Banned
Oh, I actually have an auto-update extension for GAF, so I don't generally see edits unless I reload, plus, I have a large store of art, most of it innuendo-free, that I wait to post, so that would have been put up sooner or later.

I have that enabled but I never activate it because it eats bandwidth like mad, especially in this thread with all the pictures.

I know, that's why I put that warning there. I know how you feel about the show (and Twilight) so I suspected you wouldn't want to read the comic. Still, I don't think it's that bad though since it's pretty much a "that's what she said"-joke, where something is misinterpreted into a completely different (and sexual) meaning than what was intended. If it makes you feel better I guess you could say Twilight was innocent in the comic and Rainbow Dash was the real culprit.

Don't really know if this is what you're getting at with the paragraphs above, but I want to say this anyway. I can like comics like the one I posted above because it's just a joke and they don't try to portray the characters in a sexual manner outside of the joke. And as I said, I see it as just a joke and leave it at that. However, I find fanart where ponies are drawn in a clearly suggestive or sexual way much more creepy and scary, because someone somewhere is feeling attracted to it. I won't judge anyone since you can't really decide what you're attracted to, but I still find it a bit unsettling. I don't know if this is the double standard you're talking about, but I can laugh at sexual jokes and cringe at sexual fanart because they're in two completely different categories for me.

I've actually been wondering about their age for a while (this is btw completely unrelated to what I've written above). I mean, they have their own houses, moved away from their parents and some of them have a job so they can't be that young, but to have young adults as leads in a show for little girls seems a bit... off, for some reason.

EDIT: Not good to press quote, go grocery shopping and then answer. Thread moves too fast for that.

LuffyZoro

Looking back on this post, I have to say that I disagree with you. I do see the ponies as adults/young adults, therefore I don't see anything wrong with them making jokes or references of a sexual nature. I just see it as part of their character, even if it's not expressed in the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom