• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razek

Banned
Laughed at everything so far, good work peoples.

ohai_by_hashbro-d4w0m4u.jpg

"You won't regret it"

Razek

Banned
I'm just going to double post because apparently people don't catch edits and I have no idea how many use that extension in here.

Continuing on that comic $200 posted:

Actually, I do like this version better. It's just like the moment in the pilot, when NMM smashes the element orbs in front of Twilight. For a kids show, that was seriously shocking as you suddenly wondered how she could win this battle. This is in the same vein. It would be an unexpected and shocking change to see how Chrysalis's huge super thought out plot was utterly dashed in seconds by this grand demi-god ruler who she never had a chance against. I mean, we are already meant to sympathize with her with her villain song and all :p

Instead, we get an ending that continues to mock Celestia. She can be beaten by the power of love. Lame. So any pony who wants to take the thrown just needs to find a soul mate, stick their horns together and off she goes? That's the kind of world building I'm not a fan of.

It could have been neat to see Chrysalis get blown away by Celestia, then sing us another villain song in the vein of what she learned, only to forsake it all at the very end stating she will get her ultimate revenge. But hey, this is turning into fan fiction now.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Don't give doc any ideas!

Eh, Celestia only raises the sun, gets it started. Otherwise her magic would be going 24/7

Instead, we get an ending that continues to mock Celestia. She can be beaten by the power of love. Lame. So any pony who wants to take the thrown just needs to find a soul mate, stick their horns together and off she goes? That's the kind of world building I'm not a fan of.

I don't know. Fairy Tales have always had love beats all as a theme. I thought it was clever to have a villain who could harness it. It only came about because Shining Armor and Cadance basically had super-love. Seriously, if this show has a Mary Sue character, it'd be those two.

Razek

Banned
Eh, Celestia only raises the sun, gets it started. Otherwise her magic would be going 24/7

I don't know. Fairy Tales have always had love beats all as a theme. I thought it was clever to have a villain who could harness it. It only came about because Shining Armor and Cadance basically had super-love. Seriously, if this show has a Mary Sue character, it'd be those two.

I'll be honest, I'm rather surprised it was you who took the defensive stance! I guess I hadn't thought of it in that theme. It still could have used some more explaining, and yeah, that C/SA thing had no business in the ending. I really wish they would have picked something else to defeat her. I would have been okay with C/SA taking their love 'back' from Chrysalis weakening her enough for either Celestia or the main 6 to defeat her.

Edit: Basically, I would be happy with anything instead of the snore fest conclusion we got.

LuffyZoro

I'll be honest, I'm rather surprised it was you who took the defensive stance! I guess I hadn't thought of it in that theme. It still could have used some more explaining, and yeah, that C/SA thing had no business in the ending. I really wish they would have picked something else to defeat her. I would have been okay with C/SA taking their love 'back' from Chrysalis weakening her enough for either Celestia or the main 6 to defeat her.

Edit: Basically, I would be happy with anything instead of the snore fest conclusion we got.

But that's the power of love!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

Flawless characters are boring. If Celestia was infallible, she would be a Mary Sue.

99.95 infallibility is part of what makes her awesome.

Razek

Banned
Clearly you guys need to upgrade your PC's like my awesome i5 2500+6950 custom config to be able to handle ponies.

Lol, PC gaf can be crazy sometimes.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Fluttershy giving Big Mac a back massage is suddenly risque?

or do you mean the possible dom/sub relationship they might be evolving into?

Razek

Banned
Fluttershy giving Big Mac a back massage is suddenly risque?

or do you mean the possible dom/sub relationship they might be evolving into?

Actually (If this was aimed at me), it was just his attitude in general lately (and I was only having a jest with the comment).

I'm not perfect with everyone's personalities here, but Snytbaggen took the position I expected Luffy to take during the discussion yesterday, along with a few quotes and pics today, led to me joke.

LuffyZoro

Actually (If this was aimed at me), it was just his attitude in general lately (and I was only having a jest with the comment).

I'm not perfect with everyone's personalities here, but Snytbaggen took the position I expected Luffy to take during the discussion yesterday, along with a few quotes and pics today, led to me joke.

I basically agree with what Snytbaggen said earlier, he just articulated it more clearly. I don't know what the other things were, but I find that AJ costume to be hilarious, so if that makes me the new Pandaman then I'm ready to panda up.

Edit: I just want to clarify - I don't take many things that seriously, and that includes ponies and this very thread. I love 'em, but I also like things like that AJ costume. I don't really put anything off-limits in terms of jokes and content. Additionally, while they don't float my personal boat, I have seen some pony pictures in the EFF that I can appreciate on a purely artistic level.

Razek

Banned
I basically agree with what Snytbaggen said earlier, he just articulated it more clearly. I don't know what the other things were, but I find that AJ costume to be hilarious, so if that makes me the new Pandaman then I'm ready to panda up.

Edit: I just want to clarify - I don't take many things that seriously, and that includes ponies and this very thread. I love 'em, but I also like things like that AJ costume. I don't really put anything off-limits in terms of jokes and content. Additionally, while they don't float my personal boat, I have seen some pony pictures in the EFF that I can appreciate on a purely artistic level.

Don't worry about it. I was just poking fun is all. It was definitely the "This is my kind of fun" line that made me think of something either Panda or Cheezmo would say was all, especially with their hit and run style lately, haha.

--
On an unrelated note, I've come to a rather serious conclusion. I also believe it's had an impact on my feelings the last 2 weeks. I think ponies might be getting a bit stale for me. I have a feeling this might be because I haven't really sat down and paid attention to an episode in over 3 months, or that Season 3 is taking its sweet time. Either way, it had me pretty down last night when I was thinking about it.

Does anyone else feel this way? It's not getting boring, it's just 'different' feeling for me than what it was over the summer. I'm not going to lie, I have a theory that me joining ponygaf might have a bit to do with it as well. My low level of exposure to anything pony including the show itself is pretty gone now.

I need to make a promise to myself to sit down and watch some episodes like I used to. I really miss my 'pony days' I had, the smiles, and joy it would bring as well. Recently though, I've been chickening out every time I get a chance.

tldr; I pose a question to PonyGAF: How do you feel about the show now compared to when you first started? How about compared to the start of S2? Do you see yourself sticking around to S4 (assume it hypothetically exists)?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Just stale because of no new episodes. It will be better once there's new episodes. Can't just re-watch the same 50 eps without it getting old.

So long as there's a Celestia and/or Scootaloo episode to be had, I'll be there.

LuffyZoro

Don't worry about it. I was just poking fun is all. It was definitely the "This is my kind of fun" line that made me think of something either Panda or Cheezmo would say was all, especially with their hit and run style lately, haha.

--
On an unrelated note, I've come to a rather serious conclusion. I also believe it's had an impact on my feelings the last 2 weeks. I think ponies might be getting a bit stale for me. I have a feeling this might be because I haven't really sat down and paid attention to an episode in over 3 months, or that Season 3 is taking its sweet time. Either way, it had me pretty down last night when I was thinking about it.

Does anyone else feel this way? It's not getting boring, it's just 'different' feeling for me than what it was over the summer. I'm not going to lie, I have a theory that me joining ponygaf might have a bit to do with it as well. My low level of exposure to anything pony including the show itself is pretty gone now.

I need to make a promise to myself to sit down and watch some episodes like I used to. I really miss my 'pony days' I had, the smiles, and joy it would bring as well. Recently though, I've been chickening out every time I get a chance.

tldr; I pose a question to PonyGAF: How do you feel about the show now compared to when you first started? How about compared to the start of S2? Do you see yourself sticking around to S4 (assume it hypothetically exists)?

I don't really watch the show anymore. I mean, I was at nearly all the voting events (I hosted them after all!), and I watched the show on release day during S2 and plan to do the same in S3, but I don't just sit down and watch an old episode by myself anymore. I still love the characters and animation and all, but I know pretty much all the episodes by heart by this point. The fanart and custom episodes are all new and fresh, so I go to them. Additionally, while you wouldn't know it by my posting habits, I'm been very busy for the past month and a half, and even during a lot of summer too.

Finally, yes, I plan to stick around til at least S4, as long as I have you guys to share it with.

I haven't watched an episode since the finale. I await season 3 but I don't need it as much as I used to. I've burned myself out of pony recently and haven't done much with it, starting that background pony comic didn't help that. I've been playing rather low in terms of fan content as well. I only to EqD to see if there is season 3 news, I don't care about anything else there.

Razek

Banned
Thanks for the replies guys. It's nice to hear that maybe it is just the drought. I was lucky last year. I watched season 1, then only had about a 2.5 month wait before season 2. So it was pony paradise. What has it been, 5 months now? Yikes!

I've probably seen each individual episode about 4 times except for the last few of S2, which I've only seen twice, so I don't think I'm burnt out there.

Anyone who hasn't chimed in yet, I'd gladly still like to hear from you.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
It's a long wait. The season premier for season 2 was a year ago, tomorrow. All we know now is that the premier for S3 will probably be before the DVD release in December that will have what is assumed to be the 2 part season opener.

I haven't really had the chance to sit down and watch any episodes lately. I try to watch at least 1 a week but with college starting I haven't had the time to. And knowing that season 3 is so close just makes it harder for me to watch old episodes for some reason. Hopefully the pony drought ends soon. If not, at least I'll have Borderlands 2 to tide me over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom