• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

$200

Banned
0cb6481f.png

Xzeon

Banned
i was just on Reddit and read something interesting.

i follow a subreddit that talks about drama thats happening in other subreddits, and apparently the MLP one has blown up.

i guess Canterlot Gardens can only hold 1000 people, and theyve sold like 3000 tickets.

the rest of the story was about 2 Brony Redditors fighting over money and that someone was going to get arrested.

all of this started with a cartoon show, lol this shit is insane.

here is the post if your interested.

http://www.reddit.com/r/SubredditDr...y_little_ponymy_little_pony_i_used_to_wonder/

cHaotix8

Quite a shame that a show that's focused on friendship, honesty, generosity and the like brings about confrontation such as this. When will people learn?

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Quite a shame that a show that's focused on friendship, honesty, generosity and the like brings about confrontation such as this. When will people learn?

People are going to be people. Even in tight-knit groups of friendly, welcoming people there's always going to be drama, greed, and cruelty every once and a while.

Cheerilee

When does it release? Where can I buy it? I must know!

You're going to have to find yourself a local comic book shop. They're typically small, independently-run stores, but they mostly get all of their product from the same major distributor called Diamond. It's like the Amazon.com of comic books that doesn't do home delivery and has been running things since emerging as the victor of the distributor wars of the 90's.

It's a good idea to Google for the addresses of all the comic shops in your city, and spend at least a day visiting as many of them as you can, and deciding which ones you like best. For the most part, any of them should be just fine, but if you find that say... the comic shop within easy walking distance is full of Starbucks-drinking beret-wearing hipsters who look at you funny (assuming that such a thing is unpleasant to you), while the one across town feels like a warm and inviting Nirvana where you can make new friends, it's best to know that sort of thing ASAP.

When you're in one of these shops, you should see a fat full-color catalog sitting around called "Previews", and the store uses that catalog to order their product. This month's catalog lists issue #1 of MLP, which should be available in mid-November. #2 should be in next month's catalog and arrive in December.

It seems likely that at least one of your local comic book stores will place an order for a few issues of MLP, and put it on their shelves for sale in November, at which point you could just walk into the store and buy it, but you don't know for sure if they will even bother to offer that title (there's an astonishing amount of titles available in the comic book world, and not nearly enough shelf space for all of them), or if they'll order enough copies for everyone that wants it. It might sell out before you get there.

But, the deadline for placing this month's orders hasn't passed yet, so if you go in now (or pretty soon) and tell the guys behind the counter that you want MLP#1, they'll take down your name, and they'll personally make sure to order one more copy than they intended to order (however many that was), and when it arrives they'll keep it behind the counter with your name on it. They do this for people all the time so it doesn't bother them, and it's the best way to get the comics you want.

Preordering your comics does mean that you have to interact with humans slightly more than if you just grab something off the shelf and slap money down on the counter and run away, but that's why you should find people you might like, and trust me, nobody in this thread counts as "unusual" by comic book standards. You don't need to be embarrassed about being a brony or asking for My Little Pony comics. Not in a comic book store. Those are judgement-free zones.

Razek

Banned
Is there a sample of what the actual comic is going to look like on the inside other than that preview page I made an avatar from a while back?

There's an MLP panel at NYCC on October 11. I'm only going October 13. Hopefully there is still pony loot to obtain when I go. And there should hopefully be an official season 3 announcement.

Orcastar

You're going to have to find yourself a local comic book shop. They're typically small, independently-run stores, but they mostly get all of their product from the same major distributor called Diamond. It's like the Amazon.com of comic books that doesn't do home delivery and has been running things since emerging as the victor of the distributor wars of the 90's.

It's a good idea to Google for the addresses of all the comic shops in your city, and spend at least a day visiting as many of them as you can, and deciding which ones you like best. For the most part, any of them should be just fine, but if you find that say... the comic shop within easy walking distance is full of Starbucks-drinking beret-wearing hipsters who look at you funny (assuming that such a thing is unpleasant to you), while the one across town feels like a warm and inviting Nirvana where you can make new friends, it's best to know that sort of thing ASAP.

When you're in one of these shops, you should see a fat full-color catalog sitting around called "Previews", and the store uses that catalog to order their product. This month's catalog lists issue #1 of MLP, which should be available in mid-November. #2 should be in next month's catalog and arrive in December.

It seems likely that at least one of your local comic book stores will place an order for a few issues of MLP, and put it on their shelves for sale in November, at which point you could just walk into the store and buy it, but you don't know for sure if they will even bother to offer that title (there's an astonishing amount of titles available in the comic book world, and not nearly enough shelf space for all of them), or if they'll order enough copies for everyone that wants it. It might sell out before you get there.

But, the deadline for placing this month's orders hasn't passed yet, so if you go in now (or pretty soon) and tell the guys behind the counter that you want MLP#1, they'll take down your name, and they'll personally make sure to order one more copy than they intended to order (however many that was), and when it arrives they'll keep it behind the counter with your name on it. They do this for people all the time so it doesn't bother them, and it's the best way to get the comics you want.

Preordering your comics does mean that you have to interact with humans slightly more than if you just grab something off the shelf and slap money down on the counter and run away, but that's why you should find people you might like, and trust me, nobody in this thread counts as "unusual" by comic book standards. You don't need to be embarrassed about being a brony or asking for My Little Pony comics. Not in a comic book store. Those are judgement-free zones.
This sure was educational. I'm surprised how different the whole comic book "scene" is in the States; here in Finland, regular comic books are just sold in supermarkets and bigger albums and compilations are available from regular bookstores. Of course the number of different comics available here is miniscule compared to the US. For example, the only two Marvel comic books published regularly here are X-Men and Spider-Man (yes, those are the actual titles, no "spectacular", "amazing", "uncanny" or anything). Both come out 12 times a year, with each issue compiling material from several corresponding US comic books. These are supplemented by (often hardcover) albums that compile bigger storylines or classic series.

It's kinda hard to be a comic book geek here if you don't wanna order stuff from overseas...

Alternatively, you can preorder the first one here, and presumably the second one as well in a bit.
Preordered the slipcase edition!

Not sure I'd want you biting me. Well okay, but just because it's you.

Owl bites are more like light tickling. The saliva of an owl has curative properties that can innoculate a person from the cold and influenza. The rhythm of owl bites causes a resonance that can improve heart rate, thus promoting a higher metabolism and in turn a better health overall.

Results may vary.

Razek

Banned
Owl bites are more like light tickling. The saliva of an owl has curative properties that can innoculate a person from the cold and influenza. The rhythm of owl bites causes a resonance that can improve heart rate, thus promoting a higher metabolism and in turn a better health overall.

Results may vary.

I like those odds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom