• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
I like the sweats/yoga pants idea, (even though I personally hate yoga pants). Cutie mark on the left hip, flank. And in thick embroidered text, but small letters, the pony name on the right pocket. So the cutie mark is easily visible, but the name you'd have to be right next to the person to see.

I think there's something wrong with you.

even though I personally hate yoga pants

UBcnz.gif

Xzeon

Banned
So I was heading back to my office this afternoon after getting a slice of pizza when I see a woman with a sheaf of paper in her hand walking to her car. The wind picks up and ruffles the papers in her hand and one blows free but she doesn't notice. She gets in her car with the door open and is organizing her things. I call out to her "hey, you dropped some paper" but she doesn't hear me. So I jog across the street, grab the paper from the ground and walk up to her car and hand it to her. She's "oh! did I drop that? thank you".

As i'm handing her the paper I notice it's formatted like a script and says PINKIE PIE above a paragraph at the top.

Turns out DHX Media is right across the street from me. I had no idea.

Dude... DUDE. You shoulda told her you were a Brony and had ties with a very elite website! You coulda got free stuff.

(even though I personally hate yoga pants)

Bro... no.

Just no.

Get out.

akira28

Sorry. I'm a daisy dukes guy.
Come on baby, kick them daisies
lookatthemgirlswitthedaisydukeson.
i..want...you..to..lookatthemgirlswitthedaisydukeson
everybody.......?
(there's really no comparison)
but seriously, my dislike of yoga pants on people who don't do yoga notwithstanding, how's my idea for pony themed booty huggers? erm, i mean sweats/yoga pants?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
What you really need are armbands. Buttoned shirt, slacks, and armbands.

Makes a strong statement of love and friendship.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
No, the kind you wear above the elbow, not slapped on your wrist. ;)

I'm joking anyway. Mark with no text is best for the original suggestion.

This my little pony stuff is so freakin' confusing.

Red Scarlet

...Holy shhhhhhiiiiiii

Edit: Now that I've calmed down with the right amount of alcohol, there isn't much to get but there are ponies in a village and they go into whacky adventures and learn how magical friendship is.

Now why we like it? Can't explain!

Chuck

Still without luck
Absolutely none, so it's like 20 year old guys with My Little Pony avatars and stuff. Just seems like a weird random thing to be so popular. I'm out of the loop though.

Maybe you should watch the show before you judge it and its fanbase based on nothing. Then and only then will anything you say have any weight at all.

Prade

Absolutely none, so it's like 20 year old guys with My Little Pony avatars and stuff. Just seems like a weird random thing to be so popular. I'm out of the loop though.

Shut up and get in IRC so we can discuss about the complex intricacies of Rarity and Twilight Sparkle.

First and foremost, it's just a quality, well made kid-friendly show in kind of the same vein as something like Muppets, Peanuts, or Winnie the Pooh (and I mean the classic stuff like the original shorts and the New Adventures series). There's really talented staff behind it, the creator and writers consist of Golden Age CN staff: Lauren Faust (wife of PPG Creator Craig McCracken) Paul Rudish (co creator of Samurai Jack and Symbionic Titan) and Amy Keating Rodgers (pretty much wrote for ALL the CN shows back in the day).

The big draw that's endlessly debated is the fact that it's My Little Pony which has ALWAYS been associated with saccharine girly trash. This same reputation is also why so many people still hate it and refuse to give it a chance. A lot of people have considered this the western equivalent of Touhou (a harmless work, that just somehow "caught on" in internet pop culture.)

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

Start from the beginning, if it piques your interest, continue. Get up to episode 7 and see if it's for you or not.

Red Scarlet

Maybe you should watch the show before you judge it and its fanbase based on nothing. Then and only then will anything you say have any weight at all.

I haven't said anything about the show. All I've seen is lots of people with avatars from a show for little girls and I find that perplexing, so I'm asking. Don't be so defensive.

Chuck

Still without luck
I haven't said anything about the show. All I've seen is lots of people with avatars from a show for little girls and I find that perplexing, so I'm asking. Don't be so defensive.

You said you'll never understand something you know nothing about. That'd be like me saying 'I'm baffled at how people can like Adventure Time so much', even though I have never watched it and know just about nothing about it. I would look like a fool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom