• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Scarlet

ChuckNoLuck said:
You said you'll never understand something you know nothing about. That'd be like me saying 'I'm baffled at how people can like Adventure Time so much', even though I have never watched it and know just about nothing about it. I would sound like a fool.

Right, so I'm asking you guys so then I will understand it. Oh, so you are the 'you must play through a game to have a negative opinion, but positive is ok' type.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Right, so I'm asking you guys so then I will understand it. Oh, so you are the 'you must play through a game to have a negative opinion, but positive is ok' type.

Basically it's a fun show. Good writing, good characters. It's not that deep, but it's not the superficial fluff you get from many shows these days. There's something "magical" about it. It's not full of hidden adult jokes, though it's not beyong doing the occasional pop culture joke (though it does not beat you over the head with them, and if you miss one, you likely don't know you missed a reference). I'd kind of compare it to old Disney, in that the stories is clearly meant for a young audience, but it's enjoyable for people of any age.

I would also add that even though I like the show a lot and would recommend it, I acknowledge that it's not for everyone.

Chuck

Still without luck
Apparently so. I was just curious, not trying to get into an argument.

I'm not either. I just think randomly coming into our thread and calling us weird even though you know nothing about the show or us makes you seem foolish. You didn't ask where to start watching or where to go to understand us or the show more at all.

Narag

More or less, it's a charming well done show that caught a lot of people by surprise with its overall quality. No, it's not for everyone, and yes, they are better cartoons out there but the community that sprang up around this one was rather welcoming and created a rare positive atmosphere. Admittedly there's some irony in grown men and women liking a property normally aimed towards younger girls but there's also a lot of genuine appreciation by the fanbase to be given something relatively clever to enjoy. Hasbro and the animation studio is onboard with this too having acknowledged the community with various marketing nods or in-show pandering that's given the adult fanbase a sense of validation.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
It's kinda like how the people behind Avatar missed the memo that Nickelodeon shows were supposed to be insipid. Not to put them on the same level, of course, but the disparity between expectation and result here is similar. The back and forth on the internet has also given the show a ton of free publicity. The only reason I started watching was to find out just what was sending so many people into a rage. Turns out that whle it's still a pretty uneven show, it's fairly enjoyable overall.

Red Scarlet

I'm not either. I just think randomly coming into our thread and calling us weird even though you know nothing about the show or us makes you seem foolish. You didn't ask where to start watching or where to go to understand us or the show more at all.

I don't want to watch the show. I just wondered why at 4am at a lan party some guys all started acting weird and laughing at watching My Little Pony (and the huge amount of avatars from people all over the internet). So, I asked y'all just now.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
I don't want to watch the show. I just wondered why at 4am at a lan party some guys all started acting weird and laughing at watching My Little Pony (and the huge amount of avatars from people all over the internet). So, I asked y'all just now.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
In this case it's more humor than beauty.

CHEEZMO™;36133590 said:

image.php

always your face

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
All the threads a stage and we are nearly players.
Posters and repliers
Each each others' audience.
Inside the Golden GAF

We've had human pony cosplayers, ponies dressed as things from other pop culture stuff, and whathaveyou. But what about ponies dressed as other ponies?

Hmm, I rather not today...It was a nice St. Patty's Day.

To Red Scarlet..I like the show because it reminds me of Power Puff Girls..and I watch it along with Adventure Time and other cartoons. I hardly expect EVERYONE to understand...but hey, at least you asked =)

Hmm, I figure I may as well post something besides the usual 'nice art' or snarky comments: My brother loves Halo and the Megablocks...my lil sister loves MLP and Halo block characters too. Put the two together:

Yes, a CQB in Pinkie form. Oddly, according to those on his forum, the Pinkie Pie isn't the issue, the fact that he painted a CQB of all armor variants was more of something to talk about. =p

Ehh, she likes it, that's all I care to know.

TTNdZ.gif

But in any case, now you know. Forrester put it perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom