• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Oh Razek...

a04c7a0893ae7bc8e204b1a568ab07a6.jpg

brian577

Banned
OK, I'm bored. We have a month until Season 3 so let's start up a conversation.

What were your rankings for the mane 6 and the CMC after season one and what are they now after season two.

Mane 6 for me hasn't changed.

Rainbow Dash
Fluttershy
Pinkie Pie
Twilight Sparkle
Rarity
Applejack

CMC after season 1

Scootaloo
Applebloom
Sweetie Belle

After season 2
Sweetie Belle
Applebloom
Scootaloo

Razek

Banned
Lists huh? Conversation? Lol where do you think this is?

Can someone post that "We're not doing anything in here, just pony lists!" gif of applejack in the barn? If it's trouble don't bother because I'm too lazy myself to go find it in a previous thread.

ANYWAYS... jokes aside, even though I didn't post a list before, I do remember my changes:

-S1-
  1. Sparkle (lol duh)
  2. Pie
  3. Rarity
  4. Apples
  5. Dash
  6. Shy

-S2-
  1. Sparkle
  2. Rarity
  3. Shy
  4. Apples
  5. Pinkie
  6. Dash

Reasons for change: That episode that shall be unnamed nearly ruined Pinkie Pie for me. Smile redeems her though. Flutter moves up because she had some really good episodes. Even though I joke about her being a heartless jerk, the minotaur episode was actually really good. Applejack is okay here and there, she gets boring sometimes. Dash just is... bad. Sorry. Her episodes are the weakest by far for me.

-CMC1-
SB=AB
Scoot

-CMC2-
SB
AB
Scoot

Scoots just eh, sorry Owl. It's not her fault, she just needs an episode already! That's why Sweetie took first instead of being equal.
Edit: Before I offend someone, Dash is in a similar situation to Scoot. Give her some better writing instead of shoehorning her lessons or plopping her into bad episodes (mare do well) and I would like her more.

brian577

Banned
Edit: Before I offend someone, Dash is in a similar situation to Scoot. Give her some better writing instead of shoehorning her lessons or plopping her into bad episodes (mare do well) and I would like her more.

You mean like Hurricane Fluttershy?

Razek

Banned
You mean like Hurricane Fluttershy?

That's true. It is most definitely her best role in an episode of the season. I really like her supportive nature in that one. Give me more of supportive/smart Dash and I would like the character more. Sadly, Mare do Well and Best Pet really plunk her down. Read it and Weep isn't so bad, it's just boring.

Razek's playing it smart, keeping distance from Scootaloo

I wouldn't dare infringe on your territory.

LuffyZoro

That's true. It is most definitely her best role in an episode of the season. I really like her supportive nature in that one. Give me more of supportive/smart Dash and I would like the character more. Sadly, Mare do Well and Best Pet really plunk her down. Read it and Weep isn't so bad, it's just boring.

I wouldn't dare infringe on your territory.

Smart Dash, you say?

rainbow_dash_and_her_owl_by_quanno3-d4gr24d.png

Anyway, pony list:
Yellowquiet
Balloon Butt
Fashionface
Books McMagic
Quick Colors
Apples a la mode

blamite

OK, I'm bored. We have a month until Season 3 so let's start up a conversation.

What were your rankings for the mane 6 and the CMC after season one and what are they now after season two.

Mane 6 for me hasn't changed.

Rainbow Dash
Fluttershy
Pinkie Pie
Twilight Sparkle
Rarity
Applejack

CMC after season 1

Scootaloo
Applebloom
Sweetie Belle

After season 2
Sweetie Belle
Applebloom
Scootaloo

Let's see... I think I/m remembering this correctly

S1:
Pinkie Pie
Fluttershy
Rainbow Dash
Twilight Sparkle
Applejack
Rarity

S2:
Rarity
Twilight Sparkle
Pinkie Pie
Fluttershy
Rainbow Dash
Applejack

Quite the shakeup, I'd say. I really couldn't stand Rarity in S1, probably just cause of a few episodes, the one with the Diamond Dogs, the sleepover episode, and Rainboom. Season 2 just made her way better, and made Pinkie way more annoying. Pinkie just can't carry an episode by herself, proved by the Cranky Doodle episode and Baby Cakes.

S1:
Rarity
Twilight Sparkle
Pinkie Pie
Fluttershy
Rainbow Dash
Applejack

S2:
Rarity
Twilight Sparkle
Fluttershy
Pinkie Pie
Applejack
Rainbow Dash

S1 CMC:
I hate them all

S2 CMC:
Sweetie Belle
Scootaloo
Apple Bloom

$200

Banned
Speaking of pony list, I just want to point out that from the hundreds of such list I have seen, while all ponies have their fair share of being at the bottom I have never seen anyone placing Twilight Sparkle as their least favourite pony.

fa8.gif

Speaking of pony list, I just want to point out that from the hundreds of such list I have seen, while all ponies have their fair share of being at the bottom I have never seen anyone placing Twilight Sparkle as their least favourite pony.

Well that's because she's the all around best pony, pony.

Razek

Banned

fa8.gif

Because she is obviously the best character. Duh.

Serious answer: She is given the most screen time with the most well rounded character. When her character is overwritten to the extremes of her personality, the results are hilarious and funny giving us the best episodes of the show.

In contrast, while they did this alright with Pinkie in season 1, they decided her only character extreme in season 2 is 'annoying'.

$200

Banned
Can we have a page for the prettiest cello pony? Pictures of DJ Pon-3 not allowed unless they have Octavia in them.

Razek

Banned
Can we have a page for the prettiest cello pony? Pictures of DJ Pon-3 not allowed unless they have Octavia in them.

http://th09.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2012/255/1/f/1f179143269084e705e76be8cb25ab71-d5egglm.jpg[IMG][/URL][/QUOTE]

You hardly ever ask so I don't see why not:
[URL="http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=cello+pony#/d593051"]
[IMG]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/210/e/4/love_of_the_stage_by_metadragonart-d593051.jpg

Octavia is probably my favorite fan-important background pony. Apple Fritter is cool looking and all but she just doesn't have the support that Octavia does to make her as interesting.

http://i.imgur.com/RsueG.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
Gets me every time haha.

'Tavi Page? I'm all for it!

If there's one bit of popular fanon I'd love to see the staff make canon, it's the Octavia/Vinyl Scratch relationship. No, I don't mean romantically. I really love the odd couple chemistry between the wild and rowdy DJ and the prim and proper cellist.

Kuugrr

I guess this kinda counts as a contribution to 'Tavipage. If you haven't seen it, it's pretty funny and Nowacking is definitely my headcanon Scratch voice at this point.

Epic Wub Time: Musicians of Ponyville

If there's one bit of popular fanon I'd love to see the staff make canon, it's the Octavia/Vinyl Scratch relationship. No, I don't mean romantically. I really love the odd couple chemistry between the wild and rowdy DJ and the prim and proper cellist.

I would love this. I don't know where it would fit into the show given the Mane 6 focus, but as something of a
incredibly shitty has-been who hasn't practiced in ages
musician, I'd love something with involving those two.

Maybe that Octavia / Rarity duet they talked about at Comicon is a thing that will actually happen.

cHaotix8

I find it funny that Octavia's cutie mark is a treble clef. As a cellist, her music should be written in the bass clef. Maybe she started with the violin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom