• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So apparently people think the lack of derpy appearances is due to the fiasco.

Hahahahahaha MLP fans think episodes are made within weeks instead of months!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
So apparently people think the lack of derpy appearances is due to the fiasco.

Hahahahahaha MLP fans think episodes are made within weeks instead of months!
your average derpy appearance would not require a lot of work to remove.

or do you think they'd record the entire episode to remove a 5 second clip in the background of a scene.

Boss Doggie

your average derpy appearance would not require a lot of work to remove.

or do you think they'd record the entire episode to remove a 5 second clip in the background of a scene.
But then the cuts would be obvious. Most of the time derp appearances tend to appear during transitions and/or panning.

Cheerilee

But then the cuts would be obvious. Most of the time derp appearances tend to appear during transitions and/or panning.

The show's animated in Flash. And the last-minute fixes are done in-house at StudioB/DHX. Delete Derpy layer/straighten eyes/whatever, email new digital master to The Hub/Apple... done. Derpy scene never existed.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
cuts? she's a background character. you paint over her or just straight up remove her character in flash and the scene goes on as normal. you don't need cuts.

Cheerilee

Agreed. We'll know by next week anyways since
the entire episode is going to revolve around pegasus ponies, if she's in it, there won't be any doubt.

That won't really be the end of it. If Derpy shows up and wrecks everything and Tabitha does the voice, people are still going to wonder if maybe Hasbro made them tone it down, and if the real version was supposed to be even bigger.

And every week that goes by without them doing that, people will become more and more resigned to Derpy's death, even if nothing was supposed to happen.

Derpygate is a permanent scar.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
That won't really be the end of it. If Derpy shows up and wrecks everything and Tabitha does the voice, people are still going to wonder if maybe Hasbro made them tone it down, and if the real version was supposed to be even bigger.

And every week that goes by without them doing that, people will become more and more resigned to Derpy's death, even if nothing was supposed to happen.

And this is only a problem when people have nothing better to do than overthink a cartoon.

Derpygate is a permanent scar.

Yeah... I'll just show myself out of this thread.

Boss Doggie

The show's animated in Flash. And the last-minute fixes are done in-house at StudioB/DHX. Delete Derpy layer/straighten eyes/whatever, email new digital master to The Hub/Apple... done. Derpy scene never existed.

cuts? she's a background character. you paint over her or just straight up remove her character in flash and the scene goes on as normal. you don't need cuts.

I stand corrected then.

Still, I laugh at the idea that episodes apparently are made in weeks.

Anyway let's talk about how Pinkie Pie actually is the reason why episode conflicts last longer than needed.

For example:

- In Green Isn't Your Color if she didn't pester Twilight the episode would've ended fine when she divulges rather harmless secrets on the two ponies.

- In Luna Eclipsed if she didn't freak out the town would probably accept Luna without any problems.

Orcastar

And this is only a problem when people have nothing better to do than overthink a cartoon.

What would the fandom be like if people didn't overthink stuff? Boring. That doesn't mean that you yourself have to overthink stuff or take part in the discussion when someone does.

Still, Derpygate is the pony fandom's "Greedo shot first". Deal with it.

What happened to your avatar?

blamite

This episode didn't even have any background ponies in it, where would they have even put Derpy? Anyone getting worried at this point is just looking for problems where there are none.

Xzeon

Banned

Talking about a movie/show/video game/cartoon/song is like 80% of the fun.

Or else what would be the point of Gaf even?

Every thread would be "Do you like _______?" Check Yes or No.

I love over analyzing things, its why we have so many review sites and forums, cuz a lot of other people do too.

Cheerilee

Still, I laugh at the idea that episodes apparently are made in weeks.

Studio B/Top Draw have shown they can animate 26 episodes in around nine months or 39 weeks (and they could potentially do even more in that timeframe, although they're doing less for MLP:FIM season 3). On average, that's about a week and a half per-episode. But that would be if everyone piled onto one episode. It works out better if they have different fractions of their manpower work on different episodes for longer periods of time. That multiplies the time that an episode is in development. But even so, "weeks" is probably the right time scale for an episode.

Voice actors can sometimes bang out a year's worth of lines in a few days. It's not a full-time job unless you can get big roles in several different shows at the same time. Not sure about the writing/storyboarding/music, but the final editing doesn't take very long.

If you follow one episode from concept to completion, it can take almost a year for the longest ones, but that's because it's going from step-to-step and waiting in lines, and it kind of assumes that other people are inactive while it's being worked on.

Animation is pretty amazing, but when you've got a well funded, organized, and equipped army of talented professionals, they can really get the job done.

Xzeon

Banned
kfwj0.png

wtf is goin on in dis thread...

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Anyway let's talk about how Pinkie Pie actually is the reason why episode conflicts last longer than needed.

For example:

- In Green Isn't Your Color if she didn't pester Twilight the episode would've ended fine when she divulges rather harmless secrets on the two ponies.

- In Luna Eclipsed if she didn't freak out the town would probably accept Luna without any problems.
Don't forget about:

6iOgx.jpg

Narag

Its more of an addiction really.

OMG

Thnikka turned into a bird and flew away!

:(

Goodbye.

That's his heel name. One day he'll re-enter this thread with his old theme music and he'll get the biggest pop you've ever heard. Just you see.

No, no, no. That's not how you note Thnikkaman's leaving. THIS is how you note Thnikkaman's leaving.

♪ There goes the Thnikkamaaaaaaaaaan! ♫

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Thnikkaman posting in the dead of night.
Take this username and learn to chat
All your life
You were merely waiting for your GAF name to be changed

Thnikkaman posting the dead of night.
Take these pretty ponies and learn to love
All your life
You were merely waiting for your GAF name to be changed

Thniiiikkaman fly
Thniiiikkaman fly
Into the chatroom of your waiting friends.

Well this kinda bites. A guy named Ocarinaplayer asked me if I could redo my old Doctor Whoof video. Something I've wanted to do for a while anyway since when I made that video I was still a noob to Sony Vegas and have gotten considerable experience since then. He wanted to make an animation based off the Doctor Whooves & Assistant radio plays. It turned out really good.

For some reason, uploading JUST the intro would be caught by Youtube's Content ID and BBC would completely block the intro. We kept trying to figure out why. Even if I could upload it on my channel with a counterclaim, he still wanted it up on his channel (and I guess he doesn't want to go through the trouble of a counter claim)

I finally figured out last night that If I "pad" the video with other content, the video can stay up (although it'll still ID the content as belonging to BBC Worldwide) I was happy, the video can go up. Nope. He wanted it completely "ID-free" so that he could make money off it.

I1wsrm.png

Anyway, the video is unlisted here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlBhykJ90aQ

It just has a short It's About Time clip before it and the credits/ending from my old vid after.

Not sure if I should just make it public or make a couple changes first (like the credits)

judhudson

I feel like they're going to end this with something very anti-climatic, after reeling in everyone for so long.

My guess is that it is more than likely his way of bringing Applebloom, Derpy, Rainbow Dash and any of the other ponies that got killed off so he can continue on his random videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom