• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_mcis715ZHi1ritd89o1_1280.png

tumblr_mcis715ZHi1ritd89o2_1280.png

tumblr_mcis715ZHi1ritd89o3_1280.png

tumblr_mcis715ZHi1ritd89o4_1280.png

tumblr_mcis715ZHi1ritd89o5_1280.png

Well, Grey joining the cast in any way is a good thing. Octavia would be awesome, but why get someone as big as her for a bg pony, unless Octavia's actually getting a pretty big role in a generous tip of the hat to fans? Maybe that blurb about a duet between Rarity and Octavia was true. That would certainly be AMAZING! Just listen to her sing in Batman Brave and the Bold (i'm on my phone, otherwise I'd link) Derpy's certainly a possibility too, although the crew said that the whole fracas with TLR has "scared her" into not appearing again, though they certainly could have changed their mind (or they just lied ala Capcom so that fans would be surprised when she shows up again)

She could also be a brand new character that just happens to be grey. It could just be a little joke too (GREY Delisle voicing a GREY pony). Maybe she's trying to challange her friend Tara in twolling.

It's a shame it isnt the Fausticorn, it would certainly match up with her other Faust related roles (Frankie of course and Wonder Girl was also supposed to be based off herself, both voiced by Grey)

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Only 3 1/2 more days for you guys to draw Belle Eve! Anything will do, so don't be self-conscious and please don't let me down! This is not a skill contest, the point is to show off our enthusiasm regarding the show itself and its subculture.

My friends drawer of pony.
CW2q3.jpg

Me and him just went to hot topic yesterday and picked up some pins and the Rainbow Dash vinyl figure. They were all sold out of Derpy though. The guy said that people have been buying pony stuff like crazy.

Orcastar

They need to bring those vinyl figures to Europe. Although there aren't any stores around here similar to Hot Topic, so I don't know where they'd sell them...

It's pretty silly that they're Hot Topic exclusive at all.

Do they really think the child fanbase is incapable of appreciating show accurate, large size, merchandise?

McNum

I claim this page in the name of Applejack!

Why? Because I did a thing...
I drew that! Yes, really!

I've been relearning how to draw the last week, and with the help of PonyGAF, this is how far I got. In one week. From this to what you see above.

Well, let's have a page for Applejack, shall we?

EDIT: I'm kind of hosting that image on my Dropbox, which isn't going to be a solution forever as I want to keep drawing some more. Got any ideas on what to do? Set up a DeviantArt, maybe? How do you do that?

Ridiculous pairing of the day.

Hmm, what about my Trixie Pi... Wait, forget I said anything. ANYTHING!

Soarin' sure does love his Pie =p

Crack shipping requires things like Braeburn and Spike, or something Crazy, like Owlowiscious and Discord. I kid you not, I have seen both. Though I shall say the Spike and Braeburn romance was rather cute, despite the creepy level. ;p

Link Man

Banned
Hmm, what about my Trixie Pi... Wait, forget I said anything. ANYTHING!

Soarin' sure does love his Pie =p

Crack shipping requires things like Braeburn and Spike, or something Crazy, like Owlowiscious and Discord. I kid you not, I have seen both. Though I shall say the Spike and Braeburn romance was rather cute, despite the creepy level. ;p

Lest we forget:

Celestia Loves Spike

Cheerilee

I need name suggestions for the S3 thread!

My Little Pony FIM Season 3 |OT| The fun has been TRIPLED!
My Little Pony FIM Season 3 |OT| We didn't learn anything!
My Little Pony FIM Season 3 |OT| Yay!
My Little Pony FIM Season 3 |OT| Half the episodes, same great taste!
My Little Pony FIM Season 3 |OT| Ha ha! Time for Ponies!

Orcastar

Luna's quote on fun got the short end of the stick last time. Let her finally get her day.

But "The fun has been TRIPLED!" wouldn't be accurate since season 3 only has 13 episodes, half of what seasons 1 and 2 had. Therefore the quote would have to be something like "The fun has been multiplied by 2.5!" instead. That is, of course, if we assume that season 3's episodes contain exactly the same amount of fun as episodes from the first two season. Obviously this might not be the case; season 3 might even contain DOUBLE the fun compared to previous seasons, meaning that "The fun has been TRIPLED!" might end up being accurate after all.

I'm rambling, aren't I?

judhudson

Being a thread about Season 3, I think we should pull something from season 3. Here are some ideas from the lyrics of the season 3 songs:

My Little Pony FIM Season 3 |OT| We have to get this right; have to make them see

My Little Pony FIM Season 3 |OT| I Wasn't Prepared for This

Okay, so maybe my idea sucks...

Cheerilee

But "The fun has been TRIPLED!" wouldn't be accurate since season 3 only has 13 episodes, half of what seasons 1 and 2 had. Therefore the quote would have to be something like "The fun has been multiplied by 2.5!" instead. That is, of course, if we assume that season 3's episodes contain exactly the same amount of fun as episodes from the first two season. Obviously this might not be the case; season 3 might even contain DOUBLE the fun compared to previous seasons, meaning that "The fun has been TRIPLED!" might end up being accurate after all.

I'm rambling, aren't I?

The inaccuracy of it occurred to me as soon as I wrote it, which was why I came up with "Half the episodes, same great taste", but I'm not really liking that one. It's a play on old diet food-and-drink TV commercials, but that has nothing to do with Ponies. And I don't think we can judge Season 3 before it airs (aside from assuming it'll generally stick to the course it set), so some inaccuracy doesn't matter.

"The fun has been TRIPLED!" is just a previous-season quote adapted to have some simple "season 3" meaning. And it implies that we're going to have fun. Three times as much fun.

"We didn't learn anything!" is a previous season quote that doesn't adapt to any specific season or thread, but it suggests that we're suckers for Pony. It's good. It would be best used following some sort of Pony War that should've turned us away but didn't, but we don't seem to have any of those handy. And I think it might be a bit too much self-deprecating humor after the current Derpy quote. Gotta space these feelings out and have variety.

"By now, it can be considered a lifestyle" seems a touch too "brony" to me, and for a return to the OT, I wouldn't want to scare anyone away by acting too creepy.

I really like Fluttershy's understated "Yay!" and the old "Time for Ponies" meme, but Luna's triple happiness is just working best for me right now. Still room for more brainstorming though.

Okay, so maybe my idea sucks...
Bad ideas are a perfectly normal part of brainstorming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom