• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hahahah yeah, Pinkie starts wars.

Studio B/Top Draw have shown they can animate 26 episodes in around nine months or 39 weeks (and they could potentially do even more in that timeframe, although they're doing less for MLP:FIM season 3). On average, that's about a week and a half per-episode. But that would be if everyone piled onto one episode. It works out better if they have different fractions of their manpower work on different episodes for longer periods of time. That multiplies the time that an episode is in development. But even so, "weeks" is probably the right time scale for an episode.

Voice actors can sometimes bang out a year's worth of lines in a few days. It's not a full-time job unless you can get big roles in several different shows at the same time. Not sure about the writing/storyboarding/music, but the final editing doesn't take very long.

If you follow one episode from concept to completion, it can take almost a year for the longest ones, but that's because it's going from step-to-step and waiting in lines, and it kind of assumes that other people are inactive while it's being worked on.

Animation is pretty amazing, but when you've got a well funded, organized, and equipped army of talented professionals, they can really get the job done.

Hmm I guess I didn't think of the studio being very big. I concede then.

Yes editing digital products are difficult.

Owl you.

$200

Banned
Just tried drawing a pony properly for the first time. It took around 2 hours and the result wasn't bad imo. Having never done any cartoon before trying to get the proportions right (body, legs, giant head, GIANT EYES) was hardwork. Also surprised to see how short in width the pony bodies are. You don't really notice stuffs like these until you start drawing.

twi-1.jpg

Next time I will remember to use unfolded papers.

And draw the cutie mark...

Theonik

You're probably gonna have to reupload that somewhere, I can't see shit.

At least the image loads on the second page. Dunno why, but the first one's strictly text-only. Something to do with Luna and Reimu, but that's about all I can surmise.
Here you go.
23891011jbycp.png

25944662nfze0.jpg

LuffyZoro

Just tried drawing a pony properly for the first time. It took around 2 hours and the result wasn't bad imo. Having never done any cartoon before trying to get the proportions right (body, legs, giant head, GIANT EYES) was hardwork. Also surprised to see how short in width the pony bodies are. You don't really notice stuffs like these until you start drawing.

twi-1.jpg

That's a good try for your first pony, certainly better than mine. You should stop by the IRC sometime, there are usually some artists there that'll be happy to help you improve.

Xzeon

Banned

twi-1.jpg

Whoa thats pretty good!

You got a Devart account?

You should also chill in #ponygaf, we got a lot of artists in there.

Eh, I come from the Sonic fandom. We have worse. Much worse. Would you like an example?

recolor.png

The sad thing is, this image was created as a parody of all the horribly-drawn, overpowered fan characters people were attempting to create for Sonic Robo Blast 2 (but abandoned once they realized there were well over 200 sprites for any given character to be made)... and yet it still ended up becoming a real character to be added and used in the game. I mean, yeah, the person who made it was doing it tongue-in-cheek, but I assure you, the preteens using it in netgames weren't.

I can only imagine what forces like that would create when applied toward ponies. Hyper Mysterious Fluttershadonic 123311 or something.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
The sad thing is, this image was created as a parody of all the horribly-drawn, overpowered fan characters people were attempting to create for Sonic Robo Blast 2 (but abandoned once they realized there were well over 200 sprites for any given character to be made)... and yet it still ended up becoming a real character to be added and used in the game. I mean, yeah, the person who made it was doing it tongue-in-cheek, but I assure you, the preteens using it in netgames weren't.

I can only imagine what forces like that would create when applied toward ponies. Hyper Mysterious Fluttershadonic 123311 or something.

Maybe.

blamite

I think I may have already posted this before, but here's my first (tiny) try at pony drawing. Maybe I'll give it a try again soon. I'm not expecting much better than this, though.

MEpyG.png

judhudson

I think I may have already posted this before, but here's my first (tiny) try at pony drawing. Maybe I'll give it a try again soon. I'm not expecting much better than this, though.

MEpyG.png

This...this deserves a medal for the greatest first drawing ever.

Wish I could do something as decent.

Bakphoon

Since some people are posting their first attempts, here are my pony art beginnings ( around the beginning of june 2011):

my_little_me_by_airedaoz9i.png

Yes, this is the first picture of Bak i ever created. I did not use the pony creator.

unbenannt-148zxpi.png

unbenannt-1deale5k0p.png

tutpny1uszfz.png

And also with pencils:

3xjym6rk4o.jpg

Edit: Adding Today's piece for comparison

bakangrytumbrl1gpj15.png

(i tried to draw that one as fast as possible though)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom