• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, ponies!

ponygaf_oc_party_2012_by_bufko-d4tll27.png
!!!

Which pony is me?!

Scirrocco

I don't see my OC pony in there!

Obviously he is off romancing Princess Celestia, like in my 5 part ship-fic!

Or maybe i just never made one.

brian577

Banned
Does this fanbase know how to do anything but complain?
152753-deviantartmetaword_of_faust.gif

I swear people hang on this women's words like she's Celestia incarnate and it doesn't matter what the current creators do because "Lauren would have done it better".

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

I swear people hang on this women's words like she's Celestia incarnate and it doesn't matter what the current creators do because "Lauren would have done it better".

You know, shit like this and telling her that there's Rule 34 of her Pony-sona is eventually going to lead to Lauren being bitter about MLP. Eventually she'll start banning people that complain to her about things she had no part in, or just really stupid questions.

Somehow, the fanbase for this show has exceeded the awfulness of the Sonic the Hedgehog fanbase. *sighs*

Cheerilee

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/Chemy/Selection 3/152753-deviantartmetaword_of_faust.gif

Well they sort of have a point here. It's easy to just think of the ponies as being people and write/draw them as humans, but it adds richness to the show when they think outside the box and find "pony" solutions to things. And Lauren specifically mentioned that it was a difficult thing to do and she put constant effort into keeping up that part of the show.

I don't see anything wrong with telling a former showrunner that you recognized one of the areas she would've put more attention into, and that you miss her contributions. Although they went too far by saying that the human poses were "unforgivable" and complimenting Lauren's "purity of vision", which suggests that people like Jayson, who have their own strengths and weaknesses, are inferior.

When Jayson eventually leaves, people are probably going to want him back too, and if the fandom lasts long enough, we'll probably have people debating Lauren vs Jayson the way Star Trek fans debate Kirk vs Picard.

You know, shit like this and telling her that there's Rule 34 of her Pony-sona is eventually going to lead to Lauren being bitter about MLP. Eventually she'll start banning people that complain to her about things she had no part in, or just really stupid questions.

Somehow, the fanbase for this show has exceeded the awfulness of the Sonic the Hedgehog fanbase. *sighs*

The first part I may agree with, somewhat, but don't EVER say that....!!!

Trust me, you have NO IDEA what you are saying. Being a part of the old hacking and research communities, and seeing the shit new fans put up is...ugh!!!!!

(someone hold me, bad, BAD memories are coming back!)

EDIT: Besides, when Naka and others spoke of most of the decisions that lead to the new Gen of Sonic games...I am sure there were other fans, including myself, that treated him WORSE than what Bioware is feeling now. Well, maybe not THAT bad.

Well they sort of have a point here. It's easy to just think of the ponies as being people and write/draw them as humans, but it adds richness to the show when they think outside the box and find "pony" solutions to things. And Lauren specifically mentioned that it was a difficult thing to do and she put constant effort into keeping up that part of the show.

I don't see anything wrong with telling a former showrunner that you recognized one of the areas she would've put more attention into, and that you miss her contributions. Although they went too far by saying that the human poses were "unforgivable" and complimenting Lauren's "purity of vision", which suggests that people like Jayson, who have their own strengths and weaknesses, are inferior.

When Jayson eventually leaves, people are probably going to want him back too, and if the fandom lasts long enough, we'll probably have people debating Lauren vs Jayson the way Star Trek fans debate Kirk vs Picard.

I have to agree, it kinda bugged me to see Fluttershy grabbing things with her wings in Putting Your Hoof Down and from the latest preview, the pegasi doing push-ups with their wings (that looked especially freaky to me). I mean it's awesome in a way, but it does suck that, with her gone, the animators seem to be going for more exaggerated cartoon movement and less realistic "pony" movement.

Again, I'm not trying to say the sky is falling with the show, but I can see where Lauren and this fan are coming from (though saying it's "unforgivable" is just silly)

blamite

So what's the latest update in regards to the Fighting game? Any footage of what Pinkie Pie'd play like?
http://www.mane6.com/

They did a livestream a while back that showed a decent amount of everyone except RD and Fluttershy. Twilight and Applejack seem the closest to finished out of everyone, but I'd still guess the game is a few months off at least.

Xzeon

Banned
Sonic fans have never complained about the removal of a character from the background. If anything, they ask for it.

Sonic universe is forever plagued with too many shitty characters.

But then the crazy fans will make a trillion fan fics about them having sex so, whatever.

Xzeon

Banned
You speak as if Sonic is the only franchise to have this problem.

While some people hate Charmy the Bee other people want to hallow him out and live inside his rotting carcass.

All Im saying is that the MLP fandom is not even close to the Sonic fandom. The Derpy thing makes us more inline with the Star Wars fans.

We might be getting close to the Sonic fandom, but until I see someone wanting Dash to spit in their mouth so they can drink it or wanting to legally marry Fluttershy I think we got a bit more time till we reach Sonic crazy.

At least I hope.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
We might be getting close to the Sonic fandom, but until I see someone wanting Dash to spit in their mouth so they can drink it or wanting to legally marry Fluttershy I think we got a bit more time till we reach Sonic crazy.

At least I hope.

*cough*

>_>
<_<

To sort of put in perspective how crazy the Sonic fandom is: At least no one has, oh I don't know named their baby after the creator! (oh god, I can't believe I remember this.)

Don't believe me? Linky (warning Kotaku link, but better than the old CulT link. and the back story, while crazy is true. I remember she offered the whole lot of us on the forum panties for ten bucks at the time...yes).

Yes, I was actually there when s0nicfreak said this. Thought nothing of it..and yeah. Anyways. /puts back the memories.

Ponies, I really like the fandom, despite the cranky and rather silly discussions. Yes, we had Derpy-gate, but it all shall work in the end. If I had art to counter this I would..but otherwise I am out for the night =)

EDIT: No Pandaman, you are not THAT bad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom