• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tafer

Lots of great art on this page

Allow me to contribute

Phew, so yeah, anyone want any random artworks of a character posted, just ask ^-^

That's impressive. All I have are some reaction/funny pictures I found here and there, hardly 100MB of data.

On the other hand, I have like 6GB of selected music... damn it.

Jq2oR.gif

That reminds me of this image I came across recently.

http://i.imgur.com/O5G7t.jpg[IMG]

AJ is most under appreciated pony.[/QUOTE]<3

[quote="$200, post: 46145614"]The problem with AJ I see is that she's too perfect compared to the other 5, so it's harder for the writers to think of an interesting story for her.[/QUOTE]She's down to earth, but not perfect. Though it helps in the case of episodes like Sisterhooves Social to have her as an exemplary juxtaposition.

[quote="DeadPhoenix, post: 46145664"]Was just about to say this... Here's a video that explains it in detail and much better then I ever could though: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TsfJaIaRyUk[/url][/QUOTE]Eh, I found the reasoning there questionable. So she has a stated flaw of stubbornness but it's not as valid as Twilight's paranoia or Rarity being vain? I do buy that she doesn't have any kind of overarching aspiration as Twilight or RBD (Rarity's is kind of a stretch), but that's not really a big deal either as it's not for the others. There's plenty that they could do with her, though maybe some not as explicitly feasible; like Apple Family Reunion and acknowledging her parents through the shooting stars. Though I wouldn't mind another versus episode like Look Before You Sleep or Fall Weather Friends, but it's not like there's much that can clash between her and Pinkie or Fluttershy, maybe Twilight?

Orcastar

Eh, I found the reasoning there questionable. So she has a stated flaw of stubbornness but it's not as valid as Twilight's paranoia or Rarity being vain? I do buy that she doesn't have any kind of overarching aspiration as Twilight or RBD (Rarity's is kind of a stretch), but that's not really a big deal either as it's not for the others. There's plenty that they could do with her, though maybe some not as explicitly feasible; like Apple Family Reunion and acknowledging her parents through the shooting stars. Though I wouldn't mind another versus episode like Look Before You Sleep or Fall Weather Friends, but it's not like there's much that can clash between her and Pinkie or Fluttershy, maybe Twilight?

That guy never claimed that AJ's stubborness was a less valid flaw, just that it's been explored already and that there's little point in exploring it further.

I like AJ, but you can't deny that she's the most static of the mane 6. The fact that she has no overarching aspirations or any other real flaws is a huge deal; if the writers want to write an AJ episode, they first need to come up with an external conflict for her since there's no conflict in her life. She's just happily living on the farm with her family and will continue to do so unless something upsets the status quo. Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie are basically the same, but at least they have character gimmicks to make up for it.

The obvious solution would be to upset the status quo for AJ somehow, but we all know that's not gonna happen.

Applejack doesn't really need an overarching aspiration. She's a farmer. She grows the fruit, harvests it, and sells it. Rinse and repeat for the rest of her life, and then her children take over.

PBalfredo

YCr0Xl.png

It's time to announce the winner of the Cutie Mark of the Ninja Giveaway Contest! All names were placed into a lot and a random name was drawn to determine the winner.

The grand prize winner is....

image.php

DeadPhoenix

Congratulation! You've won a steam copy of Mark of the Ninja!

Now the winner of our mystery prize is...

image.php

LuffyZoro

You've won our Mystery Prize, which is...

A steam copy of Bastion!

Congrats to both our winners. To claim your prize, just PM me with your email address to receive your steam download codes.

LuffyZoro

Now the winner of our mystery prize is...

image.php

LuffyZoro

You've won our Mystery Prize, which is...

A steam copy of Bastion!

Congrats to both our winners. To claim your prize, just PM me with your email address to receive your steam download codes.

Aha ha ha... I already have Bastion.

She ate Dashie and burped up a feather :/
Hehehe, Sometimes I don't even have to be here, and others make the comment I had in mind for me!

I want to see your pony list. I bet it's something like I hate everything.
EVERYONE BESIDES $200, please skip wall of text! Thanks!

Alright Alright. For those of you watching I AM ONLY going to do this once! PLUS, unlike everyone else, I shall further explain why my thinking is the way it is.

CMCs: Sweetie, then Apple and Scoots.

I like all three, but Sweetie reminder me more of the ambitions younger sister I have, thus, I like her more. I shall say, Apple Bloom and Scoots have developed much, even without a CMC based episode so far.

Princesses: Luna, Celestia.........Chrysalis..............then that OTHER pink one.

My reasoning is clearly based on fan bias. The more I see of Celestia, the more I dislike. She is a neutered leader, and the worst part SHE FUCKING KNOWS IT! Luna I believe is being held back for Project: Let Twilight do everything for us. It is a stupid idea, and if something were to go wrong, well, I doubt we shall ever see it.

I admire Chrysalis (despite her being a Queen) because she actually set out and DID something, and for a while, accomplished the goal. I wonder if she actually negotiated something with a Princess, if they could have worked out a deal for "love"(I also believe, and this is pure fanon, the Changeling were corrupted Breezies from previous Gens, but ehh, if not, whatever...) I am aware there ARE such things as "Changelings", and I was IN FACT accused of being one myself! (Long story there...)

Cadence or whatever, while I don't hate on a character level, I hate that she was promoted to Winged Unicorn because PINK and PINK is all a girl will buy! Poor Luna and White Celestia. I also don't like Shining Armor, PURELY because of his face model (WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOUR FAAAAAAAACCCCCE!!!!! /Plinkett)

Mane Six that are disappointments: Neutral to fair: AppleJack/Rainbow Dash, Annoyed to Dislike: Fluttershy & Twilight Sparkle. No redemption to HATE: Rarity, then Pinkie Pie.

Explanations: As you can see, I don't even like any of the Mane Six any longer, with the possible exceptions of the highest ranking two, who actually have either character I can admire, or have shown some sort of growth. You are probably wondering WHY?
Simple. I think of it like real life, if one HATES a person's best friend, I can guarantee you that the others will think worse of you. I imagine (as a burro, not the person Nobodyspazty) hating Pinkie would annoy Dash to the point of conflict, and eventually bring others in to fight the bitter "Burry Dos" It is just as simple as that. Thus NO ONE gets above neutral. Of course, I suppose I should give you a break down of WHY I dislike them, and I guess the positives.

Pinkie Demon: Positives- Despite my hatred, she is willing to accept an outsider, and fellow grouch Cranky, even going to string him and Matilda together for the cause, so the old Donkey can get laid (eventually). The wig was a nice gesture as well. Always parties and remembers everything. Negatives- CANNOT leave well enough alone I HATE her voice, I am surprised she never bursts into couples home while they are doing things. A pursuer demon: WILL follow you EVERYWHERE until you acquiesce to her stupid demands. Remembers everything, how this isn't scary, I don't know! Also, a non-pony racist! (Disliked Zecora, continues to treat Spike like a house-slave that he sadly is, unsure on attitudes on Minotaurs/Griffons. List could go on, but I'll stop.

White(supremacist) Racist Unicorn: Positives- sometimes generous for her friends, (but often to one or two, with others coming out of nowhere for freebies!), Can network, and self-promote, has a dragon willing to serve her for mere gem scraps, and a token kiss, has great sister, who loves her so much. Negatives - A out and out racist pony who represents the Unicorn Conspiracy to a "T" (examples are numerous the mule thing being a HUGE one), forgets her friends for fame, asshole to Rainbow on her supposed special visit to Cloudsdale, sister abuser (unconfirmed until recently) user of males (but, honestly, the others could do the same). Likes Pinkie Pie

Flutter "I shall never EVER not be" -shy: Positives- Good with animals, DAT FLANK/PLOT (Ese culo!) kind to an annoying fault, very loyal to her "special friend" Rainbow (not a negative, if you know what I mean!) and possibly Rarity when alone in the spa (ehh, I don't like this one, but I'll take it too), sometimes a voice of reason to wait and see things before charging off NOT a racist. Negatives- No matter what, will NEVER grow. Her name is a curse I blame the cutie mark system. Prone to mood swings that SHOULD be dealt with professionally!(seriously!) Never uses her wings for anything. Should be an earth pony. Likes Pinkie Pie

Twilight "I used to like you" Sparkle: Positives- Anal-retentive, in a nerdy cute way. Has a fucking dragon for a slave, can do list and organize things. Consistent in learning and willing to learn. Negatives - Anal retentive when you do not need to be, Spike as a slave, clueless on social interactions. Celestia's patzy when things go wrong, and tool when things go "according to plan". Possible Solar spy who observes Ponyville for signs of betrayal. Froze Discord (What? I liked him!) Likes Pinkie Pie

Apple "I only know my family" Jack: Positives- Not perfect, but good character. Family mare, loyal DESPITE being honest, DAT FLANK, Orange and blonde, very loving to her sister and other family members. Negatives- HORRIBLE business sense (I blame Granny, DIE ALREADY!) stubbornness sometimes makes more work, doesn't like "new fangled" ideas, like the Flim-Flam machine, cider production SUCKS! Zap Apples should be charged more, GET RID OF THE HAT! Likes Pinkie Pie

Rainbow "Guess what, SHE IS NOT PERFECT!!!" Dash: Positives- Loyal to a bunch of assholes who once played the role of being douchebags (the Mare Do-Well incident), fought a dragon, and didn't die. should be very close to her own personal dream (has ambition and drive, no matter what ponies say) DEM WINGS! Her laugh is cute, can clown around, had a griffon friend and seems ok with other ponies and even apologizes to a very laid-back mule! (not a racist) Negatives- Fan worship is her weakness, as she forgets her friends sort of like Rarity, is a possible lesbian, but will never come out to anyone as it can never happen (except around FS and AJ), arrogant at times and charges into shit without knowing what is up, has SEVERE anxiety issues at stressful times. Lacks some risk to push herself JUST a bit more. I HATE HER FANS! Impatient, and unable to sit still to focus. Hides new interests like an idiot. Likes Pinkie Pie (who may like her a little too much! X_X)

I have more to say, but it is in regards to background ponies, and the slave Spike.. so, another time. That is my list... TEAR IT APART, PONYGAF!!!
People wonder why I hate that Owl... all you have to do is observe...

^v^

so you hate everypony. Do you enjoy watching the show? Even though it's showing these characters you dislike/tolerate?

Because, unlike everyone else, I like the show DESPITE IT Love and tolerate? I AM Loving and tolerating. Again, I do not HATE every pony.. just Pinkie! and what did I say about being here Owl, come on everyone!

I GROW TIRED of dealing with this Owl...
So tempted to link a spoiler image to you, you'll both like, and hate me for... and pick up your SCOOTS I see it's waiting for you!

You also didn't read it, didn't you, I LIKE THE CMCs, I like the leaders, I LOVE background ponies, and the projects the fans do... I just do not like certain members of the Mane 6. Rainbow used to be much lower, but earned her way up. She'll never be perfect, lord knows, but progress is magic. All I ask. Pinkie redeemed herself a bit in Season Two, and since Three, I took most of it back. I blame Merriwether...

Cheerilee

How does Celestia send those letters?

On Spike's end, items send/receive using dragonfire (which frequently in fiction has magical properties).

The items appear to transit as magic.

On Celestia's end, items appear to be received as magic and convert directly into items without any input from Celestia. Her method of sending is not shown.

Theory: Dragonfire in the MLP world is capable of magical teleportation (whether other dragons know it or not). Spike is physically capable of sending anything to anywhere, but he was taught this ability by Celestia, so the only destination he knows how to send to is Celestia's location (probably wherever she is in the universe at any given time, including the sun).

Celestia, with her deeper magical ability, knows how to "reverse" a dragonfire teleport, and with a magical trigger, can send magic backwards towards Spike, requiring that he power the process by unwillingly using dragonfire.

Edit: BTW, Shepherd is awesome.

PBalfredo

I have Mark of the Ninja too :x

Well those are the only two prizes I got, so you get nothing. But you're the proud owner of those fine games already, let your good taste in games be your consolidation.

So the winner of the re-do drawing for the runner-up prize is:

image.php

Firehead

Congratulation, you win Bastion.

PM with your email to claim your prize.

$200

Banned
Princesses: Luna, Celestia.........Chrysalis..............then that OTHER pink one.

That doesn't make sense when looking at it next to your description. Sounds like Chrysalis should be first on the list rather than third.

Pinkie Demon

*pinkie shrug*

White(supremacist) Racist Unicorn: Positives- sometimes generous for her friends, (but often to one or two, with others coming out of nowhere for freebies!), Can network, and self-promote, has a dragon willing to serve her for mere gem scraps, and a token kiss, has great sister, who loves her so much. Negatives - A out and out racist pony who represents the Unicorn Conspiracy to a "T" (examples are numerous the mule thing being a HUGE one), forgets her friends for fame, asshole to Rainbow on her supposed special visit to Cloudsdale, sister abuser (unconfirmed until recently) user of males (but, honestly, the others could do the same).

This I sort of agree. I don't rate Rarity's personalities, but they make her fun to watch. Applejack is quite the opposite on the other hand. She's nicest of the mane 6 but the least fun story-wise. So I like them equally.

Flutter "I shall never EVER not be" -shy: Positives- Good with animals, DAT FLANK/PLOT (Ese culo!) kind to an annoying fault, very loyal to her "special friend" Rainbow (not a negative, if you know what I mean!) and possibly Rarity when alone in the spa (ehh, I don't like this one, but I'll take it too), sometimes a voice of reason to wait and see things before charging off NOT a racist. Negatives- No matter what, will NEVER grow. Her name is a curse I blame the cutie mark system. Prone to mood swings that SHOULD be dealt with professionally!(seriously!) Never uses her wings for anything. Should be an earth pony

Not only does she never grow, she's also the only one to have really treated her friends like shit (Putting your hoof down). And as an expert I can say there's nothing special about her plot. Pony plot ranking AJ > TW > PP > RD > RR > FS.

LuffyZoro

Not only does she never grow, she's also the only one to have really treated her friends like shit (Putting your hoof down). And as an expert I can say there's nothing special about her plot. Pony plot ranking AJ > TW > PP > RD > RR > FS.

That's not very fair, she was under the influence of Iron Will. Plus, she was totally remorseful at the end.
also she has the best plot

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
AJ not being terribly flawed is a character flaw?

What about Pinkie Pie? She has no ambitions, no goals, and no problems. Unless her Friends don't pay attention to her, and send her into manic depression, she's fine. She has no arc, we just know she has crippling abandonment issues and there's no sign of a path to get past that.

Orcastar

What about Pinkie Pie? She has no ambitions, no goals, and no problems. Unless her Friends don't pay attention to her, and send her into manic depression, she's fine. She has no arc, we just know she has crippling abandonment issues and there's no sign of a path to get past that.

AJ not being terribly flawed isn't a character flaw, it just makes her an uninteresting character.

Pinkie's gimmick is randomness/unpredictability, she doesn't need anything else to be interesting.

Dr, if you wanted me to list ALL Pinkie's flaws, I would have typed out the entire equivalent of what I shortly wrote over every character. As I alread thought I went overboard, I kept it short, and to the point. I do agree with those mentioned, and will and have mentioned SEVERAL more in various postings around the internet when someone brings up that pink demon as "best pony."

As Orca says below, it's boring. Paper plates are useful in their designed tasks, but ain't good for much else. I sense AJ is similar. Granted, I admire her more because of the QUALITY of the good side, BUT that still isn't to say I let her get away with the bad. The total painting, and all that.

I often bring up that old Gears of War A+ 1up rating as an example. but I know damn well, if there are a number of flaws, I am duty bound to rate lower (thus, she ain't best pony, only neutral).

I admit being a bit harsh on Rainbow. Her fans aren't her fault. They are... still I mention them. Still she is why I like the Pegasus, they seem to at least DO something (Fluttershy being an exception). Unicorns have their purpose, and fans, but I don't like most of them excluding background ponies, like Lyra Heartstrings, Trixie (somewhat... as now she is impotent), and Minuette/Colgate (that name MAKES NO SENSE! AHH!)
AJ not being terribly flawed isn't a character flaw, it just makes her an uninteresting character.

Pinkie's gimmick is randomness/unpredictability, she doesn't need anything else to be interesting.

Her randomness is a good and bad, but as Forester points out, after all is settled, what exactly does she do WITH HERSELF? It is a question some try to answer with fanon, Fiction, or whatever, but one day, she'll have to grow up, and not just because the fucking babies drive her to pathetic tears (seriously, I was pissed the BABIES felt sorry for her.. THEY ARE BABIES! THEY HAVE NO MERCY, THEY HAVE NO SOULS!)

Of all ponies though, I actually have hope for Pinkie Pie changing do to her supposedly younger age... yes, I said that. NO, I won't say it again.

also she has the best plot
As much as it hurts, I agree with Luffy. They all do, to be fair.. fucking horses and muscular asses. Don't know how Spike can hide his shame... oh, baby dragon. ...and probably got spayed/neutered/no balls, like a GOOD slave should!

See Owl, I can be nice. THAT is a good side of me!

I don't know where to post this, so I'll do both places! Synopsis has been expanded for the upcoming episode. I'll spoiler it.

Princess Celestia has decided that the rambunctious Discord needs to be tamed and commissions the ponies for the job; Fluttershy believes that Discord deserves a second chance but she faces opposition as the only one who thinks so

McNum

Well, Christmas is over, so it's time to retire my Christmas Luna avatar. So, I'm giving a new pony avatar a spin to see if I like it. Well, I'd better, I mean, I drew it myself.

akira28

Whatever bro. I'm tempted to demand plot rankings from the community. PP, RR, FS top 3 tier plot at least.

Animal Crossing, with ponies!
Knowing my luck.. wait, you all know how this goes by now! ;p

*Pinkie finds porn*
Unlike the Owl, I have no such things!
I WRITE such things though!
snake? SNAKE!!!!
I don't get this. I tip my hat off to Spike. Serve the racist, you might one day get another kiss!
AJ gets the finest plot from all the daily apple bucking.
Yeeeeesssssssss.............. those muscular and orange... lol. Nah, I am not that way... nope.
also, it occurs I forgot to respond to your complaint that Fluttershy supposedly treated her friends like shit? Please consider that a "positive" for me, as I recall EXACTLY which two she was mean too!
I know you're still out there Razek. </3

*Twi pics*
No, he isn't. If he is, sorry.

S Ranking is above all over ranks.
Owl, you don't know what you are talking about. Besides Scoots HAS no ass. She is lazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom