• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

$200

Banned
tumblr_mgdmfz0P5S1qkl96ao1_1280.png

Prade

I never understood this fandom. All bronies seem to do nowadays is:

A. Flock about how they like something that's out of the social norm.
B. Whine about how everybody thinks they're obnoxious and over-sensitive crybabies who can't take criticism for shit.

I've given the show a watch and honestly it doesn't even deserve all the fuss and obnoxiousness that the fandom just exudes.

$200

Banned

B. Whine about how everybody thinks they're obnoxious and over-sensitive crybabies who can't take criticism for shit.

I've given the show a watch and honestly it doesn't even deserve all the fuss and obnoxiousness that the fandom just exudes.

You are mistaken. All we do nowadays are looking at pony butts and ranking them.

Prade

I can definitely say, with a straight face, that MLP-fans who are obnoxious freaks are considerably more common than the stand-out weirdos of other fandoms. I am being reasonable and rational when I say that. I've met MLP-fans in person at comic-con. They were obnoxious, vile to look at, no manners, over 1/4th of them exhibited signs of autism(not that that in itself is a bad thing - but, when it's a trend among those fans, it's worth noting).
MLP fans are consistantly the bad kind.

brian577

Banned
I can definitely say, with a straight face, that MLP-fans who are obnoxious freaks are considerably more common than the stand-out weirdos of other fandoms. I am being reasonable and rational when I say that. I've met MLP-fans in person at comic-con. They were obnoxious, vile to look at, no manners, over 1/4th of them exhibited signs of autism(not that that in itself is a bad thing - but, when it's a trend among those fans, it's worth noting).

I met over 200 at an MLP con. Most were outgoing and friendly and only one had autistic issues (or something). Maybe your just meeting the wrong bronies.

Orcastar

Go to bed, Prade. You're drunk.

So apparently I was told this is the place for new people who like ponies to come congregate?
They say that, but of course a burro like me is welcome here too! HELLO! Nice to meet you! I have a question, and you must answer this correctly: Which pony is most annoying?

It better be Pinkie Pie
Welcome! Just don't be an ass.

...no offense meant to Patzy, of course.
None taken, but let us be real, I am a wild ass! See? I can be civil.

*Pony Gift*
AJ is a pony I wouldn't mind riding... Then again, I don't outright hate her. I speak as a burro, of course.

GO AWAY OWL! Leave the new person alone.

Hello! I see that you are lumping fans of the show in a big group, and honestly, I am quite hurt. I know others are joking with you, but as I have never seen you in this topic, and I have a slight need to rant about a man who has a great sword as an avatar, I shall show you you are wrong!

Concerning point A: Before I watched MLP I had previously watched girl-centric shows, such as iCarly, Hannah Montana, and others Disney slock. I don't give a flying fuck about social norms, nor do I genuinely care what people think about me watching ponies. I watch just because I like it.

Point B: True... and I pray next week, you DO NOT watch that Brony docu-shit they call a -mentry. It is vile, disgusting feed, and screened bullshit that shows everything I hate about the now modern fandom. True, I am against the grain, but feel free to read up on my posts here. I HATE most ponies who act like jerks, and for that, I take some heat.

On other sites, I have gotten banned for such things. I don't personally care, and if anything it shows your point is spot on, but, I am still here. It is like what most people say about Monster Hunter (using your avy as a segue.. I hope you play the game, if not, sorry) I get critcisms that it is slow, some of the monster designs are extremely lazy, and action is very slow for Western audiences.

I still love it, and even though I don't get along with most people I had played with online with the Wii version, I still loved the hunts, the social aspects, and yes, even being beaten after 29 minutes by Alatreon by some n00b who couldn't help but run in front of the monster with no health. No amount of mag reviews or assholes in threads or game forums will make me love the series less (only Capcom makes me hate waiting for the damn games to come here!)

I won't say anything about Cons. I am meeting a local group this next Saturday, and will report if any are obnoxious, or "autistic" (which I am very happy you said there was nothing wrong with that, as my Uncle is autistic, and if you did mean offense.. I wouldn't have been happy. But I don't see the condition as a bad thing either, having worked with him for two years.)

Anyway, I welcome a reply back. I don't hold back, and in fact welcome a challenge. I shan't change your mind about the show, but I shall at least answer your judgement you said.
That is a cute.
*IMAGE OF MY FAVORITE FIC*
BACKGROUND PONY!

brian577

Banned
Point B: True... and I pray next week, you DO NOT watch that Brony docu-shit they call a -mentry. It is vile, disgusting feed, and screened bullshit that shows everything I hate about the now modern fandom. True, I am against the grain, but feel free to read up on my posts here. I HATE most ponies who act like jerks, and for that, I take some heat.

You better elaborate on that.

Before I begin again WHY DOES THIS HAVE TO BE ANOTHER PINKIE PIE PAGE!!! WE HAD ENOUGH OF THESE!!!! AHHHH!

You better elaborate on that.
I shall, give me a bit. But essentially Derpy Hooves news will be explaining why far better than I can. I have heard rumblings of fed questions, and other bullshit as well. That said, I have no horse in this race (hehehe).

I'll find out the little preview I read that made me go insane.
Don't listen to Spatzy, Wynnebeck, he's very "extreme".
And Spatzy dear, Prade is a regular in the IRC.
I never saw him. I like ranting! I am not extreme...
PROOF! I am soo going to rub this in one assholes face! I wrote a horrible troll-fic in which Burry_Dos shits all over Ponyville, and gets off doing so as "a public service."
It helps he was plowing the Mayor too, but that is neither here nor there...

and no, I shall not link it. It is set to private!

brian577

Banned
I shall, give me a bit. But essentially Derpy Hooves news will be explaining why far better than I can. I have heard rumblings of fed questions, and other bullshit as well. That said, I have no horse in this race (hehehe).

That's not a really answer. Are you basing your dislike on rumors? As a member of this fanbase I would think you know better than to do that. I will reserve judgement until I've actually seen it as I would hope any rational individual would. Then again, based on the way you post I don't know if I would call you rational.

EDIT: I hate that video, Prade...

That's not a really answer. Are you basing your dislike on rumors? As a member of this fanbase I would think you know better than to do that. I will reserve judgement until I've actually seen it as I would hope any rational individual would. Then again, based on the way you post I don't know if I would call you rational.

Oh the way I POST!?! Hmm, I suppose you are right. Again, I have only second-hand information, but I have seen the materials and points the review mentioned, and sadly, some people are preparing for the worse, do to the way the video represent the movement.. like a fucking cult, or something.

I shan't say anymore until I get permission to post what I mentioned. It really doesn't matter.

And the rumors about Derpy being changed/killed were right! Spoilers:
As well as early leaks of the so-called Chicken wings Alicorn Twilight, but, I believe that leaked may have changed since. I have no information on Alicorn Twilight, other than I think it would be funny!

By the way, I post the way I do, because YOU ALL LOVE IT! ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom