• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

$200

Banned
@Orca

20:31 into Magic Duel in the crowd on the right there's one that looks like it might be Derpy. If you're still looking for her...

tumblr_mgbycr4avm1r29q8io1_1280.png

Orcastar

@Orca

20:31 into Magic Duel in the crowd on the right there's one that looks like it might be Derpy. If you're still looking for her...

Granted, that does actually look like her. Still, no wall eyes or visible cutie mark...

Anyway, here's some alicorn Trixie:

Firehead

Well those are the only two prizes I got, so you get nothing. But you're the proud owner of those fine games already, let your good taste in games be your consolidation.

So the winner of the re-do drawing for the runner-up prize is:

image.php

Firehead

Congratulation, you win Bastion.

PM with your email to claim your prize.

Heh, I already own Bastion. It's a great game, give it to someone else that would enjoy it. ^^

LuffyZoro

I don;t get it who's ARG supposed to be? I mean it's cool and all, but I just don't get it.

Also this is AMAZING and totally worth posting the whole thing

He (or she?) is apparently one of the admins on the Applebee's facebook page, who have now started to respond to most of the posts made on it.

judhudson

I don;t get it who's ARG supposed to be? I mean it's cool and all, but I just don't get it.

Also this is AMAZING and totally worth posting the whole thing

Applebee's Reply Guy. They also have a few others that run the page - ARB, ARS and some other acronyms that I can't remember.

Cheerilee

So I was thinking about the Timberwolves appearance in Spike at Your Service, and had some thoughts. Call it fan-lore theory or whatever.

There were two things that really caught my attention. First, when Applejack destroyed one of them, it's front legs kept going for a short time before going poof, and second, the bit about the merger of three Timberwolves into one big one.

I'm thinking that (among other things) there's one (just one) "wolf spirit" in the Everfree Forest, and it's extremely powerful and highly intelligent (it could also be good, evil, or neither). BUT... it has become disembodied somehow, and can't maintain any cohesion. Instead of occupying one place, this spirit is spread thin across the entire forest, blowing around uncontrolled like a fog, but generally anchored to the confines of the forest. In this state, it's power and consciousness is so diluted that it can't act or even think for itself. When it happens to condense into higher-concentrated pockets of spirit, it instinctively tries to use it's increased power to possess inanimate objects, like fallen branches and leaves, and assembles them in a familiar shape, a wolflike one. In this confined and familiar form, the spirit is able to concentrate and act in ways it couldn't when it was formless, but individual Timberwolves aren't concentrated enough to reach anything more than beastlike intelligence. Individual Timberwolves gather into packs because their spirit wants to reassemble, but they never merge into Super Timberwolves because the accumulated spirit in any one given Timberwolf is unwilling to let go of it's desperate hold on wolf form in order to join with another. I would also suggest that maintaining possession of these inanimate objects is exhausting to the wolf spirit, but that while a Timberwolf travels in the Everfree Forest, new spirit clings to it and adds to it's strength, replacing the spirit that has let go from exhaustion. This would maintain a sort of balance in the Timberwolf population.

It's also interesting to note that this spirit only possesses the inanimate, fallen pieces of the trees in the Everfree Forest (aka timber). It doesn't appear to possess rocks. There's something about the trees in the Everfree Forest that allows this spirit to possess the dead ones.

When Applejack smashed three Timberwolves all at the same time in the same location, she created a pocket of triple-dense spirit that was able to unite as one greater, more focused power, and was able to possess not only the timber remains of the three, but it pulled a pretty large amount of fresh timber from the edge of the forest.

I would suggest that the Super Timberwolf was much more intelligent than the individual Timberwolves, because when Spike threw a rock down it's throat, it was making human gestures like "excuse me" and "give me a minute". Also, it's probably a good time to remember that rocks (along with any else that isn't Everfree timber) seem to be alien to the makeup of a Timberwolf, which was why he choked on one. Although I'm also speculating that the Super Timberwolf might have been conscious enough to become somewhat self-aware, and it realized that a rock in the throat should have caused choking, which prompted a coughing-response, which didn't make him feel better, it just felt weird, and why am I coughing up wood? Ohmygod, I'm made of wood! Aaaahhh! What am I!? *dies*

And then this theory brings me to Family Appreciation Day, where it was shown that Timberwolves are sensitive to the energies the precede the appearance of zapapples. They howl before any other creature appears to know they're coming. It's not clear if this is a good howl or a bad howl. Like, do the Timberwolves love the zapapples (and/or just the energy buildup) or hate them? Or are they somehow responsible for it (like, is the wolf spirit the one making zapapples)? One thing that I think is interesting is that the zapapples all disappear after one day on the trees. Or rather, they all disappear when they hit maximum ripeness. Is the wolf spirit eating them? Are Granny Smith and Filthy Rich getting rich by stealing the food out of a wounded god's mouth? Also, when the zapapples all disappear, the Apple family gets to keep the ones that have already been picked, otherwise known as the ones that have become timber. Cue the spooky music. I have no answers.

Remember also that Celestia and Luna's original home was in the middle of the Everfree Forest, and that Celestia told the Apples that they were allowed to move in next door, but that they should keep their noses out of the forest (which of course they didn't).

judhudson

So after getting screwed over on Ebay for a Chrysalis plush (user had someone shill bidding on it to get it to go high and when I sent the seller an angry email used the line 'someones kid got ahold of their account and was bidding on it) I decided that I'm going to acquire a new skill for 2013 and teach myself how to sew. Patterns been bought.

il_570xN.408332172_5odt.jpg

2 ft Chrysalis plush, you shall be mine.

I just hope I can pull it off somewhat nicely.

So after getting screwed over on Ebay for a Chrysalis plush (user had someone shill bidding on it to get it to go high and when I sent the seller an angry email used the line 'someones kid got ahold of their account and was bidding on it) I decided that I'm going to acquire a new skill for 2013 and teach myself how to sew. Patterns been bought.

il_570xN.408332172_5odt.jpg

2 ft Chrysalis plush, you shall be mine.

I just hope I can pull it off somewhat nicely.

Best of luck man. If you can make something that looks as good as that pic, I'd buy it from you (reasonable price of course).

You're thinking too much about this, methinks.
Always stifling discusssion! Just because it is in a wall of text!
I've absorbed too much Pony. Or not enough.
A lot of Pony I detect, but it would do you well to look up more mythology. I would go into theories of the wolf-spirits that are said to inhabit trees of forests, BUT, I rather not, as our myths tend to be based in a world without magic.

I am sort of cheating here, but I see Everfree like the forest mention in the "Creation" story of Narnia. I shall put into spoilers for those who haven't read it, and just because:
During the later events in the Magician's nephew, the group of characters come across a world as it is being created by the God/Creator, Aslan. As he move, the magic in his sng forms shapes, and through the shapes, sprung forth plants animals, etc. The magic was so much, that the evil Queen who was there, threw a iron piece of a street lamp at him, and it grew the entire structure from the latent Creation magic.

Now, bearing said scenes in mind, what if Everfree Forest contain similar magic from an age long ago? Then it would makes sense the variety of animals contained, dangers that come from and otherwise guard these "forbidden" area. It is something I do, at the very least.

I might explain the Wolf spirit thing later. Want to double-check a few things.

(See, wasn't that long, and I wasn't even angry! ;p)

OH MY GOD! My favorite Zebra.. I am in love...

That Nationalist Pony should be updated for Season 3 by now. Zecora is no longer an Obama, she is a Yoda...
but she's beautiful to this burro!

SHUT UP, OWL!

*Awesome town art*

EDIT: Suck it haters.

8XC2g.png

Hope you weren't referring to that town set, that looks awesome.

Concerning Baby Cakes... I liked it. WHAT?!? Yes, I loved the Pinkie episode!

Reasons why are twofold: One, shows that Pinkie doesn't need to be a wild, out of control party-obsessed Xenophobic and Spike-abusing Pink Demon. Two, shows she cares about the kids to find out SHE HAS LIMITS!

This is good for me, as it proves the demon can be stopped. Another reason I thought up: She'll be a good mother, unlike the others. You know, for those of you people who like her, and that sort of thing...

*Dash being sick*[/URL]

For the dash fans
Now I have to clean my screen.
Rarity with "sleeping" Sweetie Belle"
What this picture DOESN'T show you, is that she beat her sister, and that Sweetie is unconscious, not resting. Don't worry, she only does it because she loves her.

Sister abuse is canon. Do Not deny it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom