• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's a silly pony?
MR03YEQ.gif

judhudson

Just finished up my Derpy plush… It’s much, much better than the prototype. However there is still tweaking that needs to be done with the pattern so it’s not perfected just yet. I hope I can adjust the pattern for the next on my list: The Great and Powerful Trixie!

$200

Banned
Just saw one of my neighbors (haven't met yet) had a Fluttershy doormat. What do?

secretly tape a picture of Luna to their door with the message "I am watching you sleep"

Sorry guys, I chickened out and knocked on the door instead :(

still posted Luna after that

SAM_0036_zps7f7ab551.jpg

SAM_0037_zps8a5e374f.jpg

But I left a greeting message on the back of the card. That makes it not creepy and totally ok, right?

SAM_0038_zps3cb6d523.jpg

dat three hundred dollar doormat.

Cheerilee

Amy Keating Rogers returning for Season 4. Hopefully this will put to rest the rumors that she was forced to leave because of Derpygate.
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/02/amy-keating-rogers-returns-to-pony.html

Maybe she was forced out, but then she was forced to come back because Hasbro has seen that we're not nearly as oblivious to the offscreen death of Derpy as they hoped we would be, and they're not confident that they can successfully bring Derpy back on their own, so they decided to bring in a ringer.

Best pone.

Hehe, I don't agree with her being the best by far, by yes, that image sums some of my opinions of Pinkie... very sad, but if her happiness quota is full, she is fine. I am glad others can enjoy her.

Maybe she was forced out, but then she was forced to come back because Hasbro has seen that we're not nearly as oblivious to the offscreen death of Derpy as they hoped we would be, and they're not confident that they can successfully bring Derpy back on their own, so they decided to bring in a ringer.

I know Derpy was killed, she is buried near my shack! So, unless they are going to prounce around a corspe, I doubt we'll see her again.

Hey, Hot Topic is even selling her Card Caskets! (damn can't find the link.. it's the card set with Foil card #43 or whatever. Called "Untitled" because she is dead!)

Orcastar

In case someone doesn't know, the third issue of the official MLP comic book came out yesterday.

xUiR2Jp.jpg

Go pick it up on ComiXology or iTunes. It's honestly much better than anything season 3 has had to offer so far.

judhudson

Is there controversy about the Brony Documentary that was just released? Saw a retweet from Lauren on Twitter of John Delancie saying this: It's a big deal to us who spent so much time on it. Disappointed and disillusioned. We've shutdown production.

A bit lost on the subject of whats going on.

tafer

Is there controversy about the Brony Documentary that was just released? Saw a retweet from Lauren on Twitter of John Delancie saying this: It's a big deal to us who spent so much time on it. Disappointed and disillusioned. We've shutdown production.

A lot more information is required, but some people is saying that they wanted to make a DVD with some extras and stuff, but decided against it because the documentary is easily available on YouTube and the PirateBay.

Yes, I smelled delicious drama, and decided to do some research.
Oh, and make no mistake, there will be delicious drama. Hmm... Looks like people didn't like the documentary after all. Less delicious drama :(

Official response:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/257527888/bronycon-the-documentary/posts/400952

Go pick it up on ComiXology or iTunes. It's honestly much better than anything season 3 has had to offer so far.

That's not saying much.

I found the comic series to be a pretty big disappointment compared to all the excellent stories and art coming from the community, but I guess I just need to always keep my expectations of quality in check when considering anything official.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
In case someone doesn't know, the third issue of the official MLP comic book came out yesterday.

xUiR2Jp.jpg

Just picked it up and swallowed it whole.

I love it to bits. Best issue so far, in my opinion. The dialogue, characterization and expression work are all top notch.

judhudson

Just picked it up and swallowed it whole.

I love it to bits. Best issue so far, in my opinion. The dialogue, characterization and expression work are all top notch.

When I was working as Dash at the comic signing where Andy was doing autographs, he told me I'd love issue #3 (this was back in November).

Finally got to see why LOL. Those costumes are downright hilarious.

Cheerilee

A lot more information is required, but some people is saying that they wanted to make a DVD with some extras and stuff, but decided against it because the documentary is easily available on YouTube and the PirateBay.

Yes, I smelled delicious drama, and decided to do some research.
Oh, and make no mistake, there will be delicious drama. Hmm... Looks like people didn't like the documentary after all. Less delicious drama :(

Official response:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/257527888/bronycon-the-documentary/posts/400952

I'm not surprised by the response to the documentary. I can't imagine there are a lot of people willing to watch a brony documentary, let alone people willing to pay $13 for a download of it, sight-unseen.

And the people who are willing to pay blindly already gave them $300k of the $60k they asked for via kickstarter.

So apparently they decided to be honest and put that money towards the production instead of pocketing it. That's good. A successful kickstarter means they'll break even on their production, and anything they earn outside of kickstarter is their profit. That's fair. Although it means they already tapped the bulk of their customer base early, but now they've got a higher-quality product on their hands, so maybe the potential profit will be higher.

But... now it seems that they're saying that nobody got paid on their project, and they NEED to be profitable in order to break even. Well that's just incompetent. When their budget became five times what they asked for, they really should have flipped themselves at least a token amount.

And now they're upset because they apparently looked at the Pirate Bay and saw the download stats. They watch the counter go up, and they imagine dollar bills flying out of their wallets. I'm sorry documentary guys, but you're wrong. The fact that people are willing to watch your documentary for free on Pirate Bay is a good sign. It means that people might like it enough to be willing to pay $13 for it. If they were not even willing to watch it for free, you would definitely earn zero money. If you effectively blocked these guys and said "pay or get lost", they would get lost, because these are the guys who need some serious convincing. The ones who didn't need convincing have already paid, and they paid quite a lot.

tafer

I'm not surprised by the response to the documentary. I can't imagine there are a lot of people willing to watch a brony documentary, let alone people willing to pay $13 for a download of it, sight-unseen.

And the people who are willing to pay blindly already gave them $300k of the $60k they asked for via kickstarter.

So apparently they decided to be honest and put that money towards the production instead of pocketing it. That's good. A successful kickstarter means they'll break even on their production, and anything they earn outside of kickstarter is their profit. That's fair. Although it means they already tapped the bulk of their customer base early, but now they've got a higher-quality product on their hands, so maybe the potential profit will be higher.

But... now it seems that they're saying that nobody got paid on their project, and they NEED to be profitable in order to break even. Well that's just incompetent. When their budget became five times what they asked for, they really should have flipped themselves at least a token amount.

And now they're upset because they apparently looked at the Pirate Bay and saw the download stats. They watch the counter go up, and they imagine dollar bills flying out of their wallets. I'm sorry documentary guys, but you're wrong. The fact that people are willing to watch your documentary for free on Pirate Bay is a good sign. It means that people might like it enough to be willing to pay $13 for it. If they were not even willing to watch it for free, you would definitely earn zero money. If you effectively blocked these guys and said "pay or get lost", they would get lost, because these are the guys who need some serious convincing. The ones who didn't need convincing have already paid, and they paid quite a lot.

I absolutely agree with everything you said, as far as I can tell, they didn't understand well the idea and implications of their super successful kickstarter or they are just greedy / incompetent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom