• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
h2GeraB.png

So yeah, I guess I have to read this comic now

I do agree there shouldn't be comic spoilers in here, I have to say that is pretty damn funny and is making me want to read the comic more and more (yeah I've got #1+#2 but I just keep failing to find the time for it.

Bv3X1cm.gif

The comic is so much better than the show now, it's ridiculous. And that's mostly owing to how great the comics are, not the slight dip in form for season 3.

LuffyZoro

That Weeping Derpy is adorable.

Also, news!

Whoa! Mr. Frascotti acknowledged “Bronies”; thanked them for being great fans. My Little Pony TV Movie announced. He also mentioned that there will be a New IP for My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. This new IP is for Older Girls; Teenage and above. The name of the IP will be revealed at a special “Pink Carpet Event” at San Diego Comic Con 2013. My best guess is that this is the rumored “Equestria Girls” trademark.

Here's a video of the announcement! (warning: video has minor spoilers. audio is safe.)

hatmoza

oh. I was not aware that gaf had a brony community.

I'm not following MLP like I was last year but I thought I'd stop by and say hello... and that Pinkie Pie is best pony.

oh. I was not aware that gaf had a brony community.

I'm not following MLP like I was last year but I thought I'd stop by and say hello... and that Pinkie Pie is best pony.

Hello and welcome to the pony community...

*Notices what is bolded and underlined* Well, although I completely disagree, it is ok! We can't all love the same ponies after all! Anyway, make yourself at home, don't post stuff the Owl would like, and for heaven's sake, join us on IRC. ;p

(oh man it's a scootaloo picture and it's strolling by me what do I say oh my gosh there she goes I should say something maybe her hair's pretty I really like her mane? oh oh good moves I should say I like the pictures artstyle i dunno what to say)

Hoot.

LuffyZoro

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII-

Hello, everyone.

We have what for most will be bad news, for us are terrible news, and for a selected few might actually be good news.

We have received a C&D letter from Hasbro's Legal representatives, asking us to cease game development, remove any materials that might contain My Little Pony characters, names, locations or related elements from the sites we control (Our site, our youtube, our twitch), and "cease any further use of [their] MY LITTLE PONY property".

Options have been considered, lawyers (ours and theirs) have been contacted, and resources have been (mostly) exhausted.

We have attempted negotiating with Hasbro for the continued use of the property in our non-profit, voluntary project, but so far we haven't received an answer. As such, we're complying with the contents of the C&D letter until we receive answer from their PR and/or Legal departments.

We also want to inform the general public of the final and irrevocable resignation of James Workman (Elosande) from the Mane6 DevTeam, effective February 6, 2013, as well as reminding of the final and irrevocable resignation of Prominence, effective January 30, 2012. The Mane6 DevTeam no longer represents their interest, nor do they represent ours.

We'll keep everyone posted as the situation evolves, but be aware we might not be able to respond to comments and questions due to the delicate nature of the situation.
Thanks for following our project so far.

Fighting is Magic will be missed.

Link Man

Banned
As far as I know, FIW just had to move to their own site. Aside from the card game and the online game I have no idea what you're talking about. There's also Pony Kart left IIRC.

But yeah, HUGE blow to the fandom.

Friendship is Witchcraft

And I've always found the fan-made content to be more interesting than the show proper, with the exception of perhaps Lesson Zero and The Last Roundup.

LuffyZoro

I'll probably keep watching the show as long as it runs, at least as long as there's no significant drop in quality, but things like these really make me less enthused about it.

akira28

No seriously, what the fuck did they expect?

You don't work on these things for years and just quit. You work on them finish them, and release them into the wild. No MLP names, no cutie marks. You let the mods finish it.

Just fucking release a pony fighting game onto the internet and the fandom will make it MLP. Do not stop here dammit. Ramming speeeeed!!!

Seriously considering calling it quits after this season. Hasbro is ruining the entire atmosphere.
No dude, we just go back to business as usual. Fighting the man, circumventing his rules, and having a beautiful and rich underground culture for the fandom. Hasbro never approved any of the things the fandom has done, and the successes are the ones who just went around those assholes. So no, don't give up on Pony, just say fuck Hasbro, and take what you want. MLP belongs to the people now.

brian577

Banned
No seriously, what the fuck did they expect?

That if Hasbro had a problem they probably wouldn't have waited two years to do something about it? Well at least Double Rainboom squared their project away with Hasbro's legal department before they started.

$200

Banned
SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII-

Fighting is Magic will be missed.

It really pisses me off how stupid those decision makers at Hasbro can continue to be. There's no doubt that FIM's success as a result of hiring the right people was a complete fluke and inside they're still the same company that approved G3.5.

I'd rather they don't change the formulas until the show becomes stale because they will more than likely screw things up...but it's still pretty exciting news.

$200

Banned
Wow, Faust's blessing and actual collaboration would be almost as good the original project.

1. Recolor all the ponies and give them random name and cutie mark.
2. Release game.
3. Release mod anonymously on /mlp/ that changes colors and names.

Problem solved

not to mention that if Lauren came up with these random names/colors/marks, they would be more legit fim characters than cadence and shining

PaulloDEC

Wow, Faust's blessing and actual collaboration would be almost as good the original project.

Yup, I think I see a new path here.

1) Strip out all of Hasbro's content (voices, cutie marks, text) from Fighting is Magic.
2) Finish the mechanics of the game. Release it as "Horse Fighter 3000".
3) See that the removed content gets "leaked".
4) Wait a day or two for the community to put the removed content back into the game. High fives all round.
5) Start a new fighter with characters by Lauren Faust.

Cheerilee

Almost?

That would require M6 redrawing the entirety of the art, which would take years along with there being no guarantee that the remaining team who haven't already left want to work on a non MLP game.

They'd be fools not to.

When Lauren Faust offers to join your team, you say "Yes!"

tafer

That would require M6 redrawing the entirety of the art, which would take years along with there being no guarantee that the remaining team who haven't already left want to work on a non MLP game.

In this case, they could increase the size of the team if they wanted. And considering that the "new" project is free of any copyright/trademark bullshit they are free to monetize their efforts.

This is, by all means, a very interesting evolution.

I wanted pinkamena :(

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
They'd be fools not to.

When Lauren Faust offers to join your team, you say "Yes!"

I agree. That would not only give you the attention that you already have from the MLP fanbase and turn it into a feel good indie dev story that the whole video game community might take notice too. Might even be able to make money off of it now, if they play their cards right.

But i guess he only ones that can speak to their motivation is the team themselves.

brian577

Banned
That would not only give you the attention that you already have from the MLP fanbase and turn it into a feel good indie dev story that the whole video game community might take notice too. Might even be able to make money off of it now, if they play their cards right.

Doubtful, aside from being based on FiM there is nothing really unique about the game. Take that away it'll be just another indie fighting game that will get about as much attention as any other.

Orcastar

Seriously considering calling it quits after this season. Hasbro is ruining the entire atmosphere.

Me too. The season's been mediocre and Hasbro's been dismantling the fandom one project at a time. There's almost no reason to stick around anymore.

I know exactly how you feel. The series just isn't what it used to be. All that wasted potential... At least the official comics are great.

Also, good job alienating more fans by taking down Fighting is Magic, Hasbro.

Edit: Also also, I don't see any way how a spinoff aimed at teenage girls and older could be anything but utter garbage.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Just took down the Manestream Games site.

Soo, the documentary is cancelled, the one single best MLP fangame shut down and YT videos are not safe anymore either. We're done now, right?

$200

Banned

Soo, the documentary is cancelled, the one single best MLP fangame shut down and YT videos are not safe anymore either. We're done now, right?

And Derpy is dead :(

but I love the characters so much I'm not leaving them anytime soon

tafer

You forgot the other recent issue and the old one that remains relevant...

Man, poor fandom can't take a break!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom