• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the toy fair:

Screen+Shot+2013-02-10+at+9.32.46+AM.png
Damn it stay dead! STAY DEAD! (Orders a shit ton of those brushable... for customizations, and me) I also like the Ty Pony Beanie Babies, but will have to see them in person. Anything is better than some of the prices the plushie guys do (and I appreciate their efforts, but some of their prices? No way in hell!).

Toys, my one weakness of this show... Also, make more Stallions! (Big Mac is an obvious choice people!!!)

*Regarding Adventure Time*.
Enjoy the show, ignore the fandom (the Gaf one is pretty good I must say). Regular Show is ok when paired with Adventure Time, but ONLY if you are a fan of things like that! I'm honest enough to say it isnt for anyone.

PaulloDEC

http://derpysquad.tumblr.com/post/42769586978/the-above-image-has-been-dominating-the-rumor-mill

While we're talking about that article, has anyone heard the figure they list for the proportion of bronies/target audience before? According to the post:

To note many people think the brony fandom makes up the majority of this popularity, when in fact we make up about 40%. The other 60% is the intended target audience of 6 to 10 year olds.

Could that be right? I'd never have thought bronies would comprise anywhere near 40%.

LuffyZoro

http://derpysquad.tumblr.com/post/42769586978/the-above-image-has-been-dominating-the-rumor-mill

While we're talking about that article, has anyone heard the figure they list for the proportion of bronies/target audience before? According to the post:

Could that be right? I'd never have thought bronies would comprise anywhere near 40%.

I thought that was a little high too, though if true it would certainly explain all the merch coming out recently. It wouldn't explain the recent anti-fan practices though.

$200

Banned
I thought that was a little high too, though if true it would certainly explain all the merch coming out recently. It wouldn't explain the recent anti-fan practices though.

Or maybe the decisions on those anti-fan practices were actually made a while ago. You know how slow and inefficient the legal people can be.

akira28

I would have been surprised if bronies broke 25% really. When I saw the actual demo numbers for who's watching the show, the numbers were pretty low. Of course they probably don't count internet streaming and torrent.

I'm not really that mad about the new show. The chances of it being good are pretty slim, but there's still a possibility, and if it's not any good no one's going to strap us to a chair with our eyes peeled open and force us to watch it...

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So apparently EQD is going out of their way to delete any comments about that possible Equestria Girls thing.

They keep talking about doing forums but who would want to be on a forum that censors comments all the time.

$200

Banned
I didn't see any insult leveled at Luna.

Oh, and:

Seeing all these plushes posts make me think about finally getting one (now that I have an apartment and all). Can anyone recommend any source? Official or non-official are okay, as long as they look decent and cost less than $60.

Adventure Time!

I've been meaning to get into that show for years now, but for some reason never bothered.

Maybe now that I need a new cartoon to enjoy...

I remember some of the dramas from that fandom though, even without watching.

What kind of drama? Just curious. Oddly enough, I've avoided the series entirely, but just started getting into it recently.

As for artwork, I really like Fuutchamaru's as her's blend both shows' artstyles together incredibly well.

Seeing all these plushes posts make me think about finally getting one (now that I have an apartment and all). Can anyone recommend any source? Official or non-official are okay, as long as they look decent and cost less than $60.

I don't think such plushies exist. You're better off waiting for some of those high quality plushies from Nici or the recently unveiled ones by Aurora and TY

LuffyZoro

You could try asking Jackie very politely.

judhudson

Speaking of plushes...been working on some more (we got the female pattern down, and started experimented with a stallion pattern - needs lots of tweaking). White OC is a friend of mines and he loves it despite the flaws it has.

tafer

So apparently EQD is going out of their way to delete any comments about that possible Equestria Girls thing.

They keep talking about doing forums but who would want to be on a forum that censors comments all the time.

Ugh, their follow up editorial after the fighting is magic fiasco was terrible. Seriously, the whole thing could be resumed as: "If your project is good enough, poor Hasbro will have to take it down, and there is nothing you can do about it. Deal with it".

Xzeon

Banned
Some community manager type guy who promoted the show in social media got fired for bringing the subtext from the show too much into the forefront.

And they made an episode insulting the fandom pretty directly.

I'm not sure if I want to watch a show where the people behind it do that sort of thing.

ah yes, the lesbianism controversy, i remember that.

and i remember Tumblr going bat shit insane with nerd rage over that 'Little People' episode.

you should watch the show cuz its fucking amazing.

the whole point of the 'Little People' ep was that people get TOO wrapped up in shows, and that they act entitled and demand what should be done in a cartoon their just fans of. i felt like it was the crews way of telling people to back off and that they were gonna make the show how they wanted.

and the lesbian thing was just PC Murrica being retarded, they get offended over everything. what if PB and Marceline did love each other? the show would prolly get shut down.

the whole point of the 'Little People' ep was that people get TOO wrapped up in shows, and that they act entitled and demand what should be done in a cartoon their just fans of. i felt like it was the crews way of telling people to back off and that they were gonna make the show how they wanted.

but the problem is i disagree with all of that

a tv show i watch is my life, and it needs to be just right to my wants and how i imagine it in my head or it is shit and i will loudly tell people about how it is

see also, my little pony

Cheerilee

Some community manager type guy who promoted the show in social media got fired for bringing the subtext from the show too much into the forefront.

Is that what passes for firing-offense lesbianism these days? A dark character upset with her goody-two-shoes counterpart and singing about her feelings, and then singing "so why do I want to..." before getting flustered and stopping the song?

Close up the wall with our writers fired.

blamite

Everyone go watch Adventure Time, it's amazing.
And they made an episode insulting the fandom pretty directly.

I'm not sure if I want to watch a show where the people behind it do that sort of thing.
Wait, what? People actually got mad about that episode? I seriously cannot even fathom that, it was a great episode poking fun at shipping and stuff. I cannot understand anyone but the most ridiculously oversensitive people in the world geting angry about that. Episode was amazing.
Is that what passes for firing-offense lesbianism these days? A dark character upset with her goody-two-shoes counterpart and singing about her feelings, and then singing "so why do I want to..." before getting flustered and stopping the song?

Close up the wall with our writers fired.
Actually, it wasn't the episode, but this recap video that caused problems. Which is more than a little more understandable.

Cheerilee

Actually, it wasn't the episode, but this recap video that caused problems. Which is more than a little more understandable.
Oh yeah, that's way different. The song, I felt was totally appropriate. That vid is sort of a "maybe", depending on context.

I saw the first season on DVD and thought it was "good" at best. Does it get better?

Xzeon

Banned

Wait, what? People actually got mad about that episode? I seriously cannot even fathom that, it was a great episode poking fun at shipping and stuff. I cannot understand anyone but the most ridiculously oversensitive people in the world geting angry about that. Episode was amazing.

YES thats what it was, i couldnt remember.

Oh yeah, that's way different. The song, I felt was totally appropriate. That vid is sort of a "maybe", depending on context.

I saw the first season on DVD and thought it was "good" at best. Does it get better?

AT and Regular Show are both great.

Jackie

Neo Member

Well, the first thing I thought when I read your post was: Aww, that's cute... but unrealistic. Unfortunetely, making a plush takes time and the materials aren't for free :(

The materials for the "Rarity V. 2.0" that I've made for my niece as gift, cost me about 30 dollars (it was a little more, but never mind). Let's imagine that it took me 8 hours to make it and I would charge 5$ (my actual job pays me much more than this) for each working hour. The pony cost would be 70$ by now. Luckly, she lives nearby so I didn't have to pay for shipping, but if she lived in the US, for instance, it would cost more 12$ or 15$. Let's say 12$, so a 12" plush would cost at least 82$. Now, go to ebay or etsy or any online seller and check how much do they charge for a 6" plush and if you find any for 60$ or 70$, let me know, please. :)

Xzeon

Banned

those new accurate hair ones in the purses are coming out, prolly wont be more than 20 dollars.

i got the ribbon hair Dashie for 10.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Well, the first thing I thought when I read your post was: Aww, that's cute... but unrealistic. Unfortunetely, making a plush takes time and the materials aren't for free :(

The materials for the "Rarity V. 2.0" that I've made for my niece as gift, cost me about 30 dollars (it was a little more, but never mind). Let's imagine that it took me 8 hours to make it and I would charge 5$ (my actual job pays me much more than this) for each working hour. The pony cost would be 70$ by now. Luckly, she lives nearby so I didn't have to pay for shipping, but if she lived in the US, for instance, it would cost more 12$ or 15$. Let's say 12$, so a 12" plush would cost at least 82$. Now, go to ebay or etsy or any online seller and check how much do they charge for a 6" plush and if you find any for 60$ or 70$, let me know, please. :)
Expectations of cheap prices are the result of decades of exposure to mass-produced goods and cheap chinese labour. True custom-made goods are expensive, and there's no going around that.

Xzeon

Banned
Expectations of cheap prices are the result of decades of exposure to mass-produced goods and cheap chinese labour. True custom-made goods are expensive, and there's no going around that.

most of the custom pones i have seen are AMAZING and adorable. def worth the money.

but if you want cheap, the new ones coming out are decent looking.

$200

Banned
I was thinking about the recently annouced official ones when I made that post.

1.JPG

^ all except the huge Pinkie one look decent.

tafer

Welp, that explains the prices. I wanted to give one to my sister (a big fan of the show), but those prices were way above what I was expecting.

$200

Banned
The first season is by far the weakest. Every season afterwards just gets better and better.

A lot of people (especially on Ponychan) like seaon 1 the most. For me it's 2 >> 1 > 3. I like the episodes in 3 more than 1 but 13 episodes is just too short.

McNum

A lot of people (especially on Ponychan) like seaon 1 the most. For me it's 2 >> 1 > 3. I like the episodes in 3 more than 1 but 13 episodes is just too short.
I think they're talking Adventure Time there, not Friendship is Magic. I've only watched a couple of AT episodes, found it a little too weird for me.

tafer

Concerning the recent "confirmation" of a certain rumor. I have to admit that /mlp/ is quite something, not only it is the first place to receive the leaks but some interesting stuff get posted from time to time. Naturally, to get the best of it you have to deal with the trolls, radioactive levels of cynicism, tons of r34 and the usual stuff that makes you lose hope for humanity... such a great place.

And mandatory:
8bcnqta.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom